Brangus/ Braford help please.

Help Support CattleToday:

southalberta

Reaction score
Just got one brangus and one Braford heifer each 7-8 months old about 500 or so pounds.

Wondering when they usually come into cycle ?

Also if I will have any integration issues with the rest of the herd?

Attitude what to expect as they mature?

There is no one in my area that has any experience with them. Their mothers registered bucking stock came from Texas and were AI'd to registered bucking bulls.
Just bought these 2 on a whim pics attached
Mostly brangus and Braford I presume by how they look but very well could be a mixture.

Also what you think they are if they aren't what I think breed wise helps lol.

If they were here, they "could" cycle at 8 months..them being bucking stock they could have about anything besides the Brahman influence..though you see a lot of F1 looking Bulls but most are mongrels..bred to buck...

Guy said they are 7-8 months old. If it was something I saw I'd guess 5 months max.
Attached better pic of the B/W face. Neck and hips seem odd to me yea they are a bit skinny at the moment.

She looks to be a 1/4 Brahman ""maybe""you gonna have to pump the feed to her to catch her up.. She looks like she's been drug through a knot hole,backwards ...

What are you wanting to do with them? Are you wanting to breed them and keep them in the herd?

Ill be honest, those are sub-par animals for making hamburger... much less raising calves. I think some one fed you a line of BS. Hope you bought them right to go back to the barn after some groceries.

Brute 23":iexwcm0e said:
What are you wanting to do with them? Are you wanting to breed them and keep them in the herd?

Ill be honest, those are sub-par animals for making hamburger... much less raising calves. I think some one fed you a line of BS. Hope you bought them right to go back to the barn after some groceries.

+1

Bought them for very cheap. Pets really there are very rare around my country, wasn't going to buy but them felt sorry for them. Will keep until they hit 800 pounds or so and see what happens.

The black one isn't Brangus, not with those horns. And the other one isn't Braford either, not with those colors. I'll agree it has a Hereford ancestor, but a Braford wouldn't be black. And I agree with the others about the quality. They'll eventually probably make cows, but it's going to be a while, and don't expect top quality calves out of them.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you just want to hear the good stuff I'm afraid you came to the wrong place.

What are the names on their background? They do look like bucking stock. In bucking stock the cows tend to be crazier than the bulls I wouldn't recommend for the average rancher. Depending on what they got in the pedigree you might find a stock contractor interested in them. The calves out of bucking stock tend to be more athletic than beefy. Good luck with them.

Rafter S":sbhlt0qv said:
The black one isn't Brangus, not with those horns. And the other one isn't Braford either, not with those colors. I'll agree it has a Hereford ancestor, but a Braford wouldn't be black. And I agree with the others about the quality. They'll eventually probably make cows, but it's going to be a while, and don't expect top quality calves out of them.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you just want to hear the good stuff I'm afraid you came to the wrong place.
I've seen B&W f1 Brafords before..more black in winter and more of a chocolate in summer, but that b&w one just doesn't look Braford..the head shape doesn't look right at all. Brafords all have that real long look to their face and the mouth/nose area flares out wide.

southalberta":24nwv6d9 said:
Just got one brangus and one Braford heifer each 7-8 months old about 500 or so pounds.

Wondering when they usually come into cycle ?

Also if I will have any integration issues with the rest of the herd?

Attitude what to expect as they mature?

There is no one in my area that has any experience with them. Their mothers registered bucking stock came from Texas and were AI'd to registered bucking bulls.
Just bought these 2 on a whim pics attached
Mostly brangus and Braford I presume by how they look but very well could be a mixture.

Also what you think they are if they aren't what I think breed wise helps lol.

I wouldn't put them near the same category as Bradford or Brangus. Bucking stock is as good as any at this point. What the will look like when mature......look through these. About as good as I can predict.
https://www.google.com/search?q=bucking ... 24&bih=653

The black faced one has "Neon lights" in her immediate background the cows just are all registered numbers.

The white faced one has "Monster" in here again cows all these registered numbers.

greybeard":3gp2k9ux said:
Rafter S":3gp2k9ux said:

I've seen B&W f1 Brafords before..more black in winter and more of a chocolate in summer, but that b&w one just doesn't look Braford..the head shape doesn't look right at all. Brafords all have that real long look to their face and the mouth/nose area flares out wide.

If you say you've seen black Hereford x Brahman F1's I believe you, but I still don't think that calf shown is an F1.

Latest posts