How people live in city vs country

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
I'm curious how people live in the city vs country 🤔

I guess I've always been used to living in the country. Driving 20 minutes or longer to get any thing or anywhere has always been the norm.
Its different going outside seeing your neighbors 😐 👋🏽from the front, back, and side yard vs seeing nobody.
Country crib you go outside do what you want nobody cares. Vs city people always watch you. Our son isn't understanding why he can't pee in the front yard at the crib. 😅🤨 :hide: :lol: I really appreciate our country crib even more....😍

:pop:

Here it is closer to a 45 minute drive to anything other than other ranches. Well, except the post office. What you describe is more like the suburbs. House lined up next to other houses. Think about the big urban areas where everyone lives in high rise apartment. You can't walk out into the yard because there is no yard.
I have a sister who lives on the north side of Seattle. Some years ago I told her nothing personal but I won't be coming to your house. It is against my religion to drive through Seattle. It is fun because shortly after I moved here she came for a visit with her husband. The BIL would like to move to one of those apartments in the city. He told me that I live in the middle of nowhere. I replied that we are only about 6 miles from the Interstate. He said that when I get there I am still in the middle of nowhere. I let it go. Later I thought he lives in the middle of nothing but what man has built. On the other hand I live in the middle of what God built. I prefer it that way.

I've worked in utilities in town (not city) and country and let me tell you there's a big difference. In town, you can be in a hole with water spraying everywhere and there's always somebody growling to your top man about their water being off and why don't you have it back on yet? People in the country only call just to let you know you might have a problem, sorry don't want to bother you, and most won't even call, they figure somebody else has. They know it'll be fixed eventually and sit tight until it is.

people in town watch football. I haven't seen a football game in a long time

Yea your right town not city, definitely don't have the rise apartments and have somewhat of a yard I guess. Less traffic few less people. 😉😝
I live in a place without 🚦. No franchise restaurant, no Walmart nothing real fancy...no shopping unless you shop at the dollar store 😉😏weird part is I like it. Hey dollar store works for most stuff...clothes and such maybe not so much. Not saying they don't have them items. 🙌🏽 I like nice socks! I can't stand cheap 🤬 socks. Makes me madder than being hangry.

People who live in towns or cities are used to having things done for them. People who live in the country are use to having to do things themselves. It shows up in that they want things fixed and fixed now and fixed by someone else. But they are willing to spend big bucks on entertainment. Concerts, sporting events (college and pro), theater, and high dollar restaurants.

Right now I am living in our house closer to the city (20 mins from downtown). It was for many years because my husband owned a business downtown. So I just drove 1.5 hours to the farms. For 8 years. In a few months we will be out in the country full time but its still in city limits and I could still walk to a grocery store. We have one farm property that is about 15 mins from any store and we choose to rent it out because my husband says its just way too far from anything haha.

Our new farm is in the middle of a big subdivision. 2,000+ single family homes and our farm borders it. Its actually the most perfect situation for us. It allows me to sell my products right into the community easily, still gives my son access to a good well populated school where he can meet other kids (only child, we need it!) but we are still in the "country". But we still have door dash and skip the dishes. No garbage pick up tho! But I do have city water and that is the best part of it all!

Residents of Missoula Montana howling in support of healthcare workers.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=missoula+montana+people+howling&docid=607989857777552062&mid=B1FD12236446F958C607B1FD12236446F958C607&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

I was on the farm until I was 14. I worked on a farm until I was 18.

Off the farm for over 40 years. Back on the farm now.

I lived in many big cities, and some big towns. I chose to come back to the country. I would like a few town places for holidays and vacations. NO, Cancun, Vail and maybe St. Moritz. I just have not got around to getting them other places.

dieselbeef said:
crib? ummm...what kinda talking is that..crib...some kinda hoodrat thang?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3fterm=crib&amp=true

Crib... 🤔 Guess I haven't put much thought in to that. I used to talk real funny. The older I've gotten I've tried to talk less "hoodrat" teenage young folks terms. It a hard habit to break.
I'm not sure what annoys me more not that I have gotten older the thug hoodrat sounding language "know what I mean?" "Whats up?" "Is what it is" or the fake "Really?" "No way!" "For real?"

You can take the person out the hood but you can't take the hood out the person. 😝😅🤡

I always said you should be able to pee and shoot in your yard, among a few other things. Or it ain't worth living there.

littletom said:
I always said you should be able to pee and shoot in your yard, among a few other things. Or it ain't worth living there.

I agree. Sometimes it must sound like a warzone here to my neighbors. Thankfully no one cares when I go through a box of shells going after pigeons, magpies and ravens.

Well I come from the city and moved to country....we are not far from a town.

I find the country people all want to know your business and stick noses into everything....many pretend to be friendly but are not, there also is an intense jealosy with some especially those in town who find out your from the city or live on acres.

So, it is more about those who have money and white collar....who look down on others many times, blue collar areas in the city you get no neighbor trouble, people have money in some country areas....and like those in the city....they seem to like trouble.

That is a geralisation, but that is my observation.....

greggy said:
Well I come from the city and moved to country....we are not far from a town.

I find the country people all want to know your business and stick noses into everything....many pretend to be friendly but are not, there also is an intense jealosy with some especially those in town who find out your from the city or live on acres.

So, it is more about those who have money and white collar....who look down on others many times, blue collar areas in the city you get no neighbor trouble, people have money in some country areas....and like those in the city....they seem to like trouble.

That is a geralisation, but that is my observation.....
No matter where you go there will always be somebody jealous of something, an a hole, and a cool guy. 🤣
Always somebody that thinks they are better than everybody else... regardless there will always be somebody better than them. 😝
Billy bad a** thinks he can kick everybody butt one day some body badder will come along and show Billy bad a** he isn't so bad.
Same with the guy that thinks he has the nicest newest stuff and things. 🙄 most them type people just have more payments. (No offense)
I'm just me happy with what I have. :deadhorse: :hide:

Latest posts