How I move my cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Brought the cows up yesterday for weaning.. went pretty good

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Ayjj57xJquE[/youtube]

with 40 animals bawling 100 ft from my bed, I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night.

jltrent":zvsmp3l5 said:
You look to be under-stocked as fat as they are.......
I have a few very ROUND types of cows, but most aren't actually very fat.. especially the younger animals are on the thin side actually

dieselbeef":zvsmp3l5 said:
dang tht was easy...I always have a cpl just wont go and screw it all up
I've had lots of those in the past.. they shipped out

I really think the cows are secretly happy to get rid of the calves at this time of year.. Every year they seem to really want to go into the corral.. older ones have gotta know what happens there by now and they're all for it!

That was great Nesi, thanks! Cool to see someone else's country, so different from where I live. If I did one from here, all you'd see is green and black.

That scenery though! Beautiful.
Nice cattle. A well oiled machine at work.

very slick!!. mine will almost do it, (always a hardhead that straggles or makes a wrong turn) but I don't have anywhere near as far to go either.

bball":1duf5ig7 said:

Yes sir. It never works quite that easy here. Healthy looking herd. Good calves. Beautiful country. The remoteness makes me somewhat envious. Good job Nesikep.

Really neat. How far do they have to come from that pasture? We used to go 7/10ths mile total; down a road, around a corner at an intersecting road, and then up a driveway to another place. It got sold this year so no more. There is too much traffic on our roads too, it just doesn't work so well. Love the scenery up there. When will you start seeing colder weather? I see the leaves are starting to change. Normally ours are coloring up but with all the rain, they aren't hardly changing and I find alot coming off the trees green.

JMJ Farms":18c8roum said:
bball":18c8roum said:

Yes sir. It never works quite that easy here. Healthy looking herd. Good calves. Beautiful country. The remoteness makes me somewhat envious. Good job Nesikep.
Wish they were as healthy as they appear.. Been a bit of a rough year.. 4 cases of pneumonia .... Stupid moron calf got stuck in a bush and went brain dead to the point he lost all notion of eating and drinking

At the beginning of the video you can see our hay shed in the distance, that's where the corrals are.. I just had them take the long way around because I didnt want them going though my freshly seeded fields... Probably a little over a half mile not as the crow flies

Theres the proof that culling on attitude does pay off... For me doing everything alone its the difference between easy work and impossible work.. They also know that when the quad or dirt bike are putt putting along they're doing the right thing... When it starts revving up shuts is going to hit the fan and they'll get tired before the bike does... And they can't out run it... Thats why I have a 500!

Latest posts