How far has your bull traveled?

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt

Reaction score
How far has your bull traveled to get home after purchase? Or how far has your bull traveled when you sold him or leased him?

Walt

Well, I bought one from about a thousand miles away once.

I also hauled one that would not stay home.

He belonged to someone else and kept coming over to visit my girls.

I let him out about 60 - 70 miles away.

I am not sure where he went, but he never made it home.

Long time ago now - but I still chuckle about it.

Bez>

Had one that came from about 400 miles but I only drove 20 to pick him up after the purebred guy had used him on his cows. I don't mind buying a used car if its in good shape.

i dont mind buying used from a reputable dealer that maintains a good clean lot. oh to answer the question- ive never gone more than an hour and a half away to get a bull, if that far. got one from a man who brought him here from texas. been to north florida to get one and west georgia (well to look-everyone i buy from delivers).

The farthest we sold one was about 725 miles.

The farthest we bought one about 40 miles. Both bulls we have bought came from the same town/area, but from different breeders.

25 miles...our friends breed Lims and send us the numbers on the bull crop each winter...just in case we're in the market.
Brought home a nice little guy this spring...not the one that we went to look at but a real sweetheart. Dmc

I now keep mine in a tank, I keep them in my utility room, they don't eat near as much as my last bull. I think most of them have traveled several hundreds of miles and they hardly ever see day light. :lol: :lol:

C HOLLAND":2gg8jp5n said:
I now keep mine in a tank, I keep them in my utility room, they don't eat near as much as my last bull. I think most of them have traveled several hundreds of miles and they hardly ever see day light. :lol: :lol:

You better watch it, someone might turn you in to PETA. :lol:

Latest posts