How do you ????????

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Move your I tunes account from one computer to another. Mr HD got a new laptop for work and needs to move all of his Itunes stuff over to it. As you all know I am computer illiterate therefor am of no help whatsoever :help:

Thank you !!! :tiphat:

Duh hd........ find the nearest 14 year old kid and ask them to do it for you :lol2: . Sorry couldn't resist, that's how I would have to do it.

Larry

larryshoat":trwdrveo said:
Duh hd........ find the nearest 14 year old kid and ask them to do it for you :lol2: . Sorry couldn't resist, that's how I would have to do it.

Larry

Man isn't that the truth, ask your kid to to do it. My youngest (24 yrs) is a wizard until I talk to my grandkids.

Alan

I hope you are talking about a PC with Windows, because I have no idea how to do this on Mac. First, look in your My Music folder and copy the entire iTunes folder (that's where your music is) to a thumb drive and then to the Music folder on your new computer. Next, you need to copy the Apple Computer folder from your old computer. If Windows XP, this will be under the Application Data Folder. In Vista or Windows 7 it will be Under the Appdata\Local folder. You may have to turn on "Hidden Files and Folders" to do this. Make sure both Folders are copied to the matching places on the new machine, then download and install iTunes. First time it runs, it should pick up Music, Purchases, updates, etc., and you are good to go. Here is a link to a way that sounds easier, but I haven't tried it:
http://livelonger.hubpages.com/hub/move-iTunes-songs

My cows don't know I repair computers; they think I'm the feed bucket guy :cboy:

Thanks Grandpa !

Larry ,no kidding ,especially when it comes to something involving an Ipod and Itunes . :lol2:

hillsdown":ngxh9iwb said:
Thanks Grandpa !

Larry ,no kidding ,especially when it comes to something involving an Ipod and Itunes . :lol2:
I just ask my Son...then saw Grandpas' answer...he said exactly the same thing. HD don't forget to add the iphones to that list.

Latest posts