how do you like this one?

Help Support CattleToday:

pinzgauer1

Reaction score
this is our herd bull. He is an easy calfer with his heifer calves avg between 62 and 65 lbs and his bull calves avg 70 lbs.

random_004.jpg

Nice bull, long and thick with a lot of depth. A pretty neat breed of cattle.

This is a good one - would like to see some cows he has bred and some of his calves before I go further.

Birth weights and conception rates - overall herd averages?

Semen counts?

Scrotal?

Weight - scale only please.

Carcass qualities?

You get my drift. But overall I would say he is a probable winner and would do well on my mature cows. :D

When can you deliver? We will bargain on the price after I have had him on the old girls for a couple of weeks as a try out.

Bez?

I too like the looks of him- but I can already see the calf buyers sharpening their pencils to start docking the price because of the white.... :lol:

Never have seen any cattle like that in my country-- around here if it ain't Angus, Hereford, or Simmental, you will have to travel a ways to find them...Few Gelbvieh, Limo, and Charolais breeders now- but not many...

Oldtimer":1un7ioyo said:
I too like the looks of him- but I can already see the calf buyers sharpening their pencils to start docking the price because of the white.... :lol:

Never have seen any cattle like that in my country-- around here if it ain't Angus, Hereford, or Simmental, you will have to travel a ways to find them...Few Gelbvieh, Limo, and Charolais breeders now- but not many...

Well OT fact is there are folks out there who have fallen for the black only line of thinking - but some day there will be a change and those who hang in there may benefit from it.

There are a pile of good cows out there, and unfortunately the thought that there is only one colour and one animal that can give quality carcass production is pervasive in the industry.

So much so that folks are doing their darndest to change their breed colours and doing their darndest to pass black animals off as CAB.

You and I and many others know there will be a time when plain old fashioned good animals will finally be recognized again for what they are.

I just hope to be on top of the grass when it happens. :D

I still think the entire industry could use animals such as the one in the pic. More info required to know for sure what he can do - but in the end there are a great number of folks who could up their calf crop quality if they would simply use a better bull. One like this would be a good start.

Bez?

I've alwasy liked them but couldn;t find any AI bulls that I would trust. The vet used to work at MARC in their reproductive facility and he claims that if he didn;t raise Angus that's what he would raise. Occasionally we see them at the sales around here and they get docked as bad as longhorns. Not cause they should but because they can

dun

That's a darn fine looking bull. Pinzgauers as a breed have a lot of fine qualities that commercial breeders could make use of, especially as a cross with any english breed to get good replacement heifers. Too bad they are docked so heavily at sales because of thier color pattern. Like Bez? said, maybe someday the industry will wake up.

Bez?":34c1bj4n said:
Oldtimer":34c1bj4n said:

You and I and many others know there will be a time when plain old fashioned good animals will finally be recognized again for what they are.

Bez?

SHHH- Don't go telling too many...There is actually some pretty good money to be made buying up some of that colored stuff and feeding out to sell direct marketed to the consumer- if you know what you are buying...

Many times those off colored calves that are docked as a calf will also bring full price when sold as a yearling :roll: Lot depends on how strong demand is and how low of supply the buyer has...I've seen years when they will take anything- others when they will pick apart a sort for any reason...

But I do like the looks of that bull- not like some exotics that are all leg and have tons of daylight under their belly....

This is a very good looking Pinzgauer bull. I do not know anything about this specific bull but to answer some of the questions I will give figures about my main herd sire and a Pinzgauer 3C3L Riskey Bussiness a son of the Great Canadian Pinzgauer bull G-Force. His avg BW 82.7, 205 WW 518, last years steers 742 HW, 2.2 YG, Select+. REA 13.14in, Fat 0.25 Pinzgauers are lean and have a hard time grading Choice but MARC shear test show them tenderer than Angus. We have two of his sons going to the Florida Bull test the end of this month. You can see pictures of them here at Cattle Today on our web page http://www.cattletoday.com/circlereds. It is a shame that some markets dock them for their color but with figures like these it is hard to keep a good breed out. We have some black and white cross on feed right now and they are looking great we will know specifics in a few months.

He's a good un. We had a pinzy bull years ago. We canned him cause he never sired any babies. Then wouldn't you know it then next spring we had over 50 babies. We kept a lot of the females and they were very good cows.

Gorgeous bull you got there. Not so much because he is a pinz, but because he is a beef bull. (Nice cows, too, by the way.) Like others have said, it's a shame the industry discriminates against bulls like yours. He could add a lot to many herds. If you took 5 gallons of black paint to him, you would have countless more oohing and aahing over him. :lol:

I might be onto something... If there are black herefords, why not black pinzgauers??? 8) 8) 8)

cf(black)pinz

Absolutely quality cattle , love your pics , those are animals that are absolutely fantastic, they are like show cattle just roaming your grounds, love their thickness and volume,

Really nice bull!! :D
My one complaint would be that he is a little sheathy, but when you've got the rest of the package, as you do here, you can afford to make some concessions.
Again, that's a real good bull you got there, and a nice heifer calf too. :D :D 8)

cfpinz":11worakn said:
Gorgeous bull you got there. Not so much because he is a pinz, but because he is a beef bull. (Nice cows, too, by the way.) Like others have said, it's a shame the industry discriminates against bulls like yours. He could add a lot to many herds. If you took 5 gallons of black paint to him, you would have countless more oohing and aahing over him. :lol:

I might be onto something... If there are black herefords, why not black pinzgauers??? 8) 8) 8)

cf(black)pinz

I used to have some (not registered of course); the problem is that they looked like "Skunks" and I thought I actually took a bigger dock on the black white tailed calves than the reds.

Brandonm2":1qztfr44 said:
cfpinz":1qztfr44 said:

cf(black)pinz

I used to have some (not registered of course); the problem is that they looked like "Skunks" and I thought I actually took a bigger dock on the black white tailed calves than the reds.

Like this guy? I belive he will be the future foundation sire for my new breed, Black Pinzgauers, if I can only find hits nuts and reattach them. :lol:

Img_0230.jpg

Latest posts