How do us conservatives settle on 2nd amendment rights

Help Support CattleToday:

M.Magis":22z5k8n8 said:
Rafter S":22z5k8n8 said:
Do you really want a government agency to have the authority to lock someone up "no questions asked" for what they say? Are you really that willing to give up your right to free speech and a fair trial? I'm all for monitoring and watching, but that can get scary fast if it's taken too far.
You're absolutely right, it's a slippery slope. And I don't know how exactly it should work. But when you have someone telling everyone he's going to do something like this, we, as a nation, should be able to stop him.
I guess the simple answer is to arm someone in every public building. But again, that's sure not the direction the current administration wants to take.

I don't know what the answer is. If I was that smart I'd be rich instead of just good-looking. :hide: :lol2:

M.Magis":2femy18i said:
Rafter S":2femy18i said:
Do you really want a government agency to have the authority to lock someone up "no questions asked" for what they say? Are you really that willing to give up your right to free speech and a fair trial? I'm all for monitoring and watching, but that can get scary fast if it's taken too far.
You're absolutely right, it's a slippery slope. And I don't know how exactly it should work. But when you have someone telling everyone he's going to do something like this, we, as a nation, should be able to stop him.
I guess the simple answer is to arm someone in every public building. But again, that's sure not the direction the current administration wants to take.
It's called being armed, and using the 2nd amendment. Get rid of the "gun free zones"; aka "Come shoot me, i'm unarmed zones", and you will probably see a lot of these mass shootings drop off.

M-5":clbyvn7x said:
Be careful how you push the mental illness angle. If the gov. uses that anyone that has ever taken a dr. prescribed psychotropic drug for depression will be classified with mental illness. if you quit tobacco with Chantix you will be deemed having mental illness. side effect are depression. If you want to rid this country of Guns , mental illness is the method. that aught to give you something to ponder today.
Have you noticed how quick they are to slap a PTSD label on returning vets? I'm not much on conspiracy theories but nothing would surprise me with our government and I'm scared that our trained warriors will be some of the first to be disarmed.

cow pollinater":1gmzfuqz said:
M-5":1gmzfuqz said:
Be careful how you push the mental illness angle. If the gov. uses that anyone that has ever taken a dr. prescribed psychotropic drug for depression will be classified with mental illness. if you quit tobacco with Chantix you will be deemed having mental illness. side effect are depression. If you want to rid this country of Guns , mental illness is the method. that aught to give you something to ponder today.
Have you noticed how quick they are to slap a PTSD label on returning vets? I'm not much on conspiracy theories but nothing would surprise me with our government and I'm scared that our trained warriors will be some of the first to be disarmed.

From what I've seen the reason for this is so they can get a disability check. Do you know a simple punch to the face can get you on this gravy train? I know a guy who is drawing 100% disability for this and all the most that could have happened to him was a paper cut. True, some deserve it but just look at the numbers and you'll see what I'm talking about. Too many people choose to be a victim and want a check for it.

Edit: Before someone jumps on me for being unpatriotic and all I COULD be drawing a gov't check too but I choose not too.

Jogeephus":3nl68cyx said:
From what I've seen the reason for this is so they can get a disability check. Do you know a simple punch to the face can get you on this gravy train? I know a guy who is drawing 100% disability for this and all the most that could have happened to him was a paper cut. True, some deserve it but just look at the numbers and you'll see what I'm talking about. Too many people choose to be a victim and want a check for it..
Yep. I knew a marine that drove trucks around California for a few years that swore up and down that his pot habit and unemployment were from ptsd. I won the a$$hole of the year award for asking,"what happened? Did you hit a bump?"

M.Magis":996oan84 said:
Alan":996oan84 said:
When the 2nd amendment was written no such thing as semi automatic let alone assault rifles.
The term "assault rifle" is a term created by anti gun liberals and should never be used by pro gun citizens. The color of a gun doesn't make it any more dangerous. By even using that termn we're conceding that some guns are in fact more dangerous, opening the window for more ineffective regulations.

Personally, I don't even think this latest one was necessarily a mental illness issue. What I think we're seeing now is a generation of kids deprived at home and being "raised" on the internet with a bunch of similarly deprived kids. They understand right and wrong, but aren't mature enough to fully appreciate life and death. They get a chip on their shoulder for whatever reason, and they don't know how to deal with it like a normal person. They want attention, and this is how they get it. I personally think something needs to be done regarding the internet. The kid told everyone on some website what he planned to do, and some of the little pu^&$%s on there even encouraged him and told him how to kill more people. From what I could tell, the entire website revolved around a bunch of dysfunctional kids talking about things like this. It's time for some sort of division to monitor web activity, and there should be a way on every site for concerned people to report certain users. Not to some moderator that doesn't have time or desire to deal with it, but to some division of law enforcement who will track the user down, and take them into custody. No questions, no whining about "human rights". Take them and lock them up for even suggesting they're going to hurt someone.
Obviously, this would take a large effort from the government, and they'd much rather push their political agenda and make it a gun issue.

That is the dumbest thing I have heard. What a fantastic idea. "Let the government have the ability to arrest someone for something they said on the net". That's all we need. The second amendment is not the only right that is being threatened. The government has far more "rights" than they need as far as I'm concerned.

I find it funny that people believe there is such a thing as a gun free zone. There was nothing on that college to stop that guy from bring his guns on campus. I worked at a prison maximum security, metal detectors, searches, etc and in the inventory of confiscated weapons there were several guns. I was searching the bathroom after visitors left and found some 22 ammo. If there are guns and ammo in a secure area like a prison there can be guns and ammo anywhere.

cow pollinater":1jdis6pd said:
Jogeephus":1jdis6pd said:
From what I've seen the reason for this is so they can get a disability check. Do you know a simple punch to the face can get you on this gravy train? I know a guy who is drawing 100% disability for this and all the most that could have happened to him was a paper cut. True, some deserve it but just look at the numbers and you'll see what I'm talking about. Too many people choose to be a victim and want a check for it..
Yep. I knew a marine that drove trucks around California for a few years that swore up and down that his pot habit and unemployment were from ptsd. I won the a$$hole of the year award for asking,"what happened? Did you hit a bump?"

Hat's off to you for saying what needed to be said. I know several like this.

M.Magis":3q55x6lv said:
Alan":3q55x6lv said:
When the 2nd amendment was written no such thing as semi automatic let alone assault rifles.
The term "assault rifle" is a term created by anti gun liberals and should never be used by pro gun citizens. The color of a gun doesn't make it any more dangerous. By even using that termn we're conceding that some guns are in fact more dangerous, opening the window for more ineffective regulations.

Personally, I don't even think this latest one was necessarily a mental illness issue. What I think we're seeing now is a generation of kids deprived at home and being "raised" on the internet with a bunch of similarly deprived kids. They understand right and wrong, but aren't mature enough to fully appreciate life and death. They get a chip on their shoulder for whatever reason, and they don't know how to deal with it like a normal person. They want attention, and this is how they get it. I personally think something needs to be done regarding the internet. The kid told everyone on some website what he planned to do, and some of the little pu^&$%s on there even encouraged him and told him how to kill more people. From what I could tell, the entire website revolved around a bunch of dysfunctional kids talking about things like this. It's time for some sort of division to monitor web activity, and there should be a way on every site for concerned people to report certain users. Not to some moderator that doesn't have time or desire to deal with it, but to some division of law enforcement who will track the user down, and take them into custody. No questions, no whining about "human rights". Take them and lock them up for even suggesting they're going to hurt someone.
Obviously, this would take a large effort from the government, and they'd much rather push their political agenda and make it a gun issue.
When our pansy a$$ed society and gov't started prosecuting every little thing a kid does and made it to where 2 12 or 13 yr old boys couldn't get into a fist fight at school without the law being involved and the kids having to go thru the court system is where these type of kids come from
When I was growing up I wiuld of had an exstensive criminal record if I the law would if got involved in every little scuffle
Our son had a juvenile record because of a fist fight when he was 14 I am not saying he was 100% free of blame but in NO WAY should a kid the law get involved in a fist fight between 2 kids it will either make them learn to contril their actions or mouth or teach them that there are consequences to their action
He77 I had a coach make us put boxing gloves on and beat the $hit out of each other if he found out we had been fussing and fighting with one another

JUST TOO DAM MANY PANSY A$$ED POLITICALLY CORRECT PEOPLE IN TODAYS SOCIETY THAT HAVE NO BALLS

Angus Cowman":3luszjvi said:
Our son had a juvenile record because of a fist fight when he was 14 I am not saying he was 100% free of blame but in NO WAY should a kid the law get involved in a fist fight between 2 kids it will either make them learn to contril their actions or mouth or teach them that there are consequences to their action
He77 I had a coach make us put boxing gloves on and beat the $hit out of each other if he found out we had been fussing and fighting with one another

JUST TOO DAM MANY PANSY A$$ED POLITICALLY CORRECT PEOPLE IN TODAYS SOCIETY THAT HAVE NO BALLS

That ol' boy coached me too.

I think some of you misunderstood what I meant. I probably didn't do a good job explaining it. I probably won't do any better the second time around, so I'll just leave it be.

Jo,
That's quite true. I had a discussion with a VA employee a few weeks back and she stated that there is an abundance of fraud in the system. These guys plan this before getting out to set up a check for life. All they have to do is complain of nightmares or flashbacks and no one can say they are lying. They do this with a hurt back also.
The shame of it is veterans who deserve help can't seem to get approved. This includes people from prior wars who were also affected but the term wasn't "PTSD" wasn't defined yet.

bbirder":qr5xir3w said:
The shame of it is veterans who deserve help can't seem to get approved. This includes people from prior wars who were also affected but the term wasn't "PTSD" wasn't defined yet.

"Shell Shocked" was the word back in those days.

bbirder":3l88x4a4 said:

I agree. I'm all for helping them all out but you best show me something more than a paper cut.

IMHO too many of us choose to be handicapped and too few choose not to. I'm a firm believer that you make your own reality. You can be the victor or the victim and all that good stuff. The choice is yours.

11001737_1418319441799284_4561643888924162989_n.jpg

I was listening to sports radio in the truck today, they were interviewing Mike Leach. Mike Leach is the Washington St football coach, they are playing the Ducks on Saturday. The host asked him about steps toward gun control, Leach is a big time hunter and fisherman. He had a suggestion I thought was good, to paraphrase his words; we as Americans have to pass and receive a license to operate a car, same for a boat, same for a plane, we have to carry that license for proof of passing a test making us legal to operate said dangerous device. Why is it we can't do the same for firearms? We don't have to provide proof of shooting accuracy, just that we know basic knowledge, the difference between a rifle and a shotgun, difference between a revolver and a semi, where the safety is and how to operate, how to load and unload, how to check if it is loaded or not.... Etc. he said it's not to check for mental illness but just to meet and make sure gun owners know what they are buying and doing. Too many new gun owners buying weapons and not knowing cr@p about them.

For the most part I like it, study firearms and pass a test just like a vehicle. Both deadly, both may need proof of passing a test and understanding basic operations.

M-5":2j7gxwgm said:
We did pass the test when we learned how to read and understand the Constitution.

:lol: :lol: really, that's your best answer to the thought? Everyone falls under the constitution, so did the last mass shooter and his victims.

One might also argue that our guns are a constitutional right. Is there a constitutional right to own and operate a car?

So to speak, both have the same built in problem. No enforcement of laws. A friend got her car totaled by a drunk driver. The drunk driver had 7 DUI's with 2 deaths and was still driving WITH insurance.

Was the car really the problem? Cars don't usually kill anyone (with the exception of design of certain cars and parts of cars). I'm also unaware of any gun killing anyone.

We can certainly take away everything that could be used to kill, but what would we have left but killers?

Oh wait, I'm usually called a liberal, forget what I said. :hide:

The fundamental problem with his suggestion is it fails to address the reality that only law abiding citizens will abide by any law. How many people are driving right now on suspended or revoked licenses? Too many to count. Same would happen with guns. All this would do is create more bureaucracy, more fees, more hassle, and more frustration for the law abiding folks while the a$$holes run amuck. Additionally, laws will have to be written to accomodate this theory, questions would need to be answered..things like age requirements(minimum and maximum), vision, hand strength, senility. All the same things that apply to auto licenses, just tailored to firearms. No thanks. Lawyers, judges and govt officials have screwed this country up enough. Dont need to open the door to screw us on guns as well. When will people learn to take care of their own business and quit relying on the govt to do their job for them. Everyone wants to live in a 'safe' world.....but safety has its price; namely, liberty!

Alan":2e8xx1c8 said:
M-5":2e8xx1c8 said:
We did pass the test when we learned how to read and understand the Constitution.

:lol: :lol: really, that's your best answer to the thought? Everyone falls under the constitution, so did the last mass shooter and his victims.

How is a persons mental state gonna change because of gun legislation????? its not if its not guns its a bomb or knife or vehicle. these events have been happening since the beginning of time nothing is going to change that. each individual should protect his and hers and the people around them. if everyone started doing that the psychopaths will not be able to take as many with them.