How do us conservatives settle on 2nd amendment rights

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
With all the libs running the government both Feds and in Oregon I very much believe there will be a hard push on gun control with all the recent mass shootings. What are your thoughts on a compromise with the libs. Without saying there is no compromise what is your thoughts. When the 2nd amendment was written no such thing as semi automatic let alone assault rifles. With that said I have a Ruger 10/22 holds 10 in the standard magizine and I also have two 35 round magizines... 80 rounds before I'm empty. I can do close to the same thing with all my semi auto hunting rifles. When Obummer threatened handguns we had record sales of firearms, I'm sure it would be the same with restrictions on magizine capacity sales. The attack on ammo was tough but I think most people made it through and still are...... Is there any room for negotiations?

I'm worried also, but I don't think you can draw a line in the sand and stand there with your chest puffed out, that tends to get folks pushing harder.

The mass shootings all have something in common besides firearms being used.

Mental Illness.

Here's the problem with a compromise. There is no solution that will make firearms totally 100% unavailable to mentally ill people bent on murder. Even where guns are illegal, there are still gun crimes committed.

What Obama really wants is the first step towards a totally gun free America. A compromise IS that first step.

Pro 2a people should push back hard with the mental illness angle, and we should take a long hard look at how the mentally ill are "handled" these days.

There is a crazy lady in my town that walks the streets all day raging out loud at her unseen demons. Hers is a sad story. But the fact is, she should be committed. But we don't do that sort of thing anymore, and if we wanted to we couldn't afford it. So the anti's idea is to take all my guns away, so the crazy lady can't get one of them and kill people.

Now that sort of logic doesn't make much sense to me.

We can't give an inch, or we'll lose it all, no comprising. We need to start being tough on gun violence. A convicted felon should receive the death penalty if their caught with a firearm.

never surrender, never give-up. If you start to compromise its all over. Be careful how you push the mental illness angle. If the gov. uses that anyone that has ever taken a dr. prescribed psychotropic drug for depression will be classified with mental illness. if you quit tobacco with Chantix you will be deemed having mental illness. side effect are depression. If you want to rid this country of Guns , mental illness is the method. that aught to give you something to ponder today.

Sad but true M-5. If your kid ever was prescribed Ritalin, they can't become a Conservation officer in Georgia.

All enemies. Foreign and DOMESTIC. Our potential 'domestic' enemies all have access to semi auto and full auto firearms.. hard to defend yourself against that with a shotgun or bolt action. Equavilent of our founding fathers fighting the British with sticks and stones. Just can not compromise on it...will spell doom for our remaining liberties.

Edit to add, check out Switzerland and their take on guns. Very effectice..very civilized..and very low crime!

You can make guns illegal and it will only stop law abiding citizens from being armed. If there are no more gun stores there is always a black market where I can buy guns the guns stores can't even sell.

wacocowboy":21s3jiqh said:
You can make guns illegal and it will only stop law abiding citizens from being armed. If there are no more gun stores there is always a black market where I can buy guns the guns stores can't even sell.

Our borders are so well protected that there's no way drugs, illegal immigrants, or guns could make it across and onto our streets.

Alan":3ug8kxyh said:
When the 2nd amendment was written no such thing as semi automatic let alone assault rifles.
The term "assault rifle" is a term created by anti gun liberals and should never be used by pro gun citizens. The color of a gun doesn't make it any more dangerous. By even using that termn we're conceding that some guns are in fact more dangerous, opening the window for more ineffective regulations.

Personally, I don't even think this latest one was necessarily a mental illness issue. What I think we're seeing now is a generation of kids deprived at home and being "raised" on the internet with a bunch of similarly deprived kids. They understand right and wrong, but aren't mature enough to fully appreciate life and death. They get a chip on their shoulder for whatever reason, and they don't know how to deal with it like a normal person. They want attention, and this is how they get it. I personally think something needs to be done regarding the internet. The kid told everyone on some website what he planned to do, and some of the little pu^&$%s on there even encouraged him and told him how to kill more people. From what I could tell, the entire website revolved around a bunch of dysfunctional kids talking about things like this. It's time for some sort of division to monitor web activity, and there should be a way on every site for concerned people to report certain users. Not to some moderator that doesn't have time or desire to deal with it, but to some division of law enforcement who will track the user down, and take them into custody. No questions, no whining about "human rights". Take them and lock them up for even suggesting they're going to hurt someone.
Obviously, this would take a large effort from the government, and they'd much rather push their political agenda and make it a gun issue.

Commit any crime with a gun, there are serious consequences... the way the judicial system is so lax getting away with murder isn't that hard by the looks of it

Unfortunately, things like this won't be stopped by stricter sentences, though as a whole I agree.
Things like what happened yesterday are committed by cowards that intend on dying themselves.

It may not prevent things like that indeed, but it may help in many other instances.

Perhaps the media is part of the problem? the amount of violence in the media is staggering.. one reason I don't have a TV, I just don't need that crap in my life.

M.Magis":11g7q5z6 said:
Alan":11g7q5z6 said:
When the 2nd amendment was written no such thing as semi automatic let alone assault rifles.
The term "assault rifle" is a term created by anti gun liberals and should never be used by pro gun citizens. The color of a gun doesn't make it any more dangerous. By even using that termn we're conceding that some guns are in fact more dangerous, opening the window for more ineffective regulations.

Personally, I don't even think this latest one was necessarily a mental illness issue. What I think we're seeing now is a generation of kids deprived at home and being "raised" on the internet with a bunch of similarly deprived kids. They understand right and wrong, but aren't mature enough to fully appreciate life and death. They get a chip on their shoulder for whatever reason, and they don't know how to deal with it like a normal person. They want attention, and this is how they get it. I personally think something needs to be done regarding the internet. The kid told everyone on some website what he planned to do, and some of the little pu^&$%s on there even encouraged him and told him how to kill more people. From what I could tell, the entire website revolved around a bunch of dysfunctional kids talking about things like this. It's time for some sort of division to monitor web activity, and there should be a way on every site for concerned people to report certain users. Not to some moderator that doesn't have time or desire to deal with it, but to some division of law enforcement who will track the user down, and take them into custody. No questions, no whining about "human rights". Take them and lock them up for even suggesting they're going to hurt someone. Obviously, this would take a large effort from the government, and they'd much rather push their political agenda and make it a gun issue.

Do you really want a government agency to have the authority to lock someone up "no questions asked" for what they say? Are you really that willing to give up your right to free speech and a fair trial? I'm all for monitoring and watching, but that can get scary fast if it's taken too far.

Rafter S":1sq49lkd said:
M.Magis":1sq49lkd said:
Alan":1sq49lkd said:

Personally, I don't even think this latest one was necessarily a mental illness issue. What I think we're seeing now is a generation of kids deprived at home and being "raised" on the internet with a bunch of similarly deprived kids. They understand right and wrong, but aren't mature enough to fully appreciate life and death. They get a chip on their shoulder for whatever reason, and they don't know how to deal with it like a normal person. They want attention, and this is how they get it. I personally think something needs to be done regarding the internet. The kid told everyone on some website what he planned to do, and some of the little pu^&$%s on there even encouraged him and told him how to kill more people. From what I could tell, the entire website revolved around a bunch of dysfunctional kids talking about things like this. It's time for some sort of division to monitor web activity, and there should be a way on every site for concerned people to report certain users. Not to some moderator that doesn't have time or desire to deal with it, but to some division of law enforcement who will track the user down, and take them into custody. No questions, no whining about "human rights". Take them and lock them up for even suggesting they're going to hurt someone. Obviously, this would take a large effort from the government, and they'd much rather push their political agenda and make it a gun issue.

Do you really want a government agency to have the authority to lock someone up "no questions asked" for what they say? Are you really that willing to give up your right to free speech and a fair trial? I'm all for monitoring and watching, but that can get scary fast if it's taken too far.

yep that is scary, But its already being done. wildlife divisions do it now and catch poachers. NSA and several other 3 letter words are monitoring what im typing now. the problem with where the shooter was posting if im not mistaken is in the "dark web" its not accessible to every tom dick and harry. those sites are very sinister

20 shootings took place in Chicago last weekend.
But yet Chicago "has the best gun control", and everyone else should fallow the plan. Which the plan is to just call shootings, "inner city confrontations".

It's only an assault rifle if it's pointed at you. Any gun can be an assault rifle- more than one Indian or settler for that matter was assaulted with a flintlock. Come to think of it bows,knives,tomahawks, and clubs must be assault rifles too.

Can't fix stupid or crazy with a law, or rule. Also can't negotiate with people you can't trust, again refer to the Indian reference above. I will keep mine, I will protect myself and my family to the best of my ability, if everyone else in the country would do the same this wouldnt be an issue. Be responsible for yourself in your actions and in your reactions. Don't worry about my gun if you are behaving yourself in my presence you will never know I have it.

Rafter S":3flw7zmq said:
You're absolutely right, it's a slippery slope. And I don't know how exactly it should work. But when you have someone telling everyone he's going to do something like this, we, as a nation, should be able to stop him.
I guess the simple answer is to arm someone in every public building. But again, that's sure not the direction the current administration wants to take.

Latest posts