Hooking up disk mower and says but in "float" postion?

Help Support CattleToday:

hicky214

Reaction score
Ok Im a newbie with this tractor and cutter. 2005 New Holland TN 65 tractor, Brand new MF disk mower. It says put in float position well thats great except the owners manual is for several tractors and is very unclear? If any one has any experience with this It says push both levers forward well thats fine but Then I cant keep the 3pt hitch raised to keep my pto level. If they are both forward The 3pt hitch is all the way on the ground etc. Thanks guys

hicky214":mi8qr5qx said:
Ok Im a newbie with this tractor and cutter. 2005 New Holland TN 65 tractor, Brand new MF disk mower. It says put in float position well thats great except the owners manual is for several tractors and is very unclear? If any one has any experience with this It says push both levers forward well thats fine but Then I cant keep the 3pt hitch raised to keep my pto level. If they are both forward The 3pt hitch is all the way on the ground etc. Thanks guys

I suspect the float they are talking about is the aux. Hyd outlet. That is the one that swings the bar up and down. The position for the three point should have the PTO shaft near level as possible.

hicky214":280v04wb said:

I suspect the float they are talking about is the aux. Hyd outlet. That is the one that swings the bar up and down. The position for the three point should have the PTO shaft near level as possible.

hurleyjd":ekqvihk1 said:
hicky214":ekqvihk1 said:

Ya he is right u put the hyd in float so that the mower bar will float up or down depending on the grade of the ground.

10-4 but the tn 65 doesn't have a float in hyd i don't believe it just has to red inputs and thats it.

hicky214":drwc0jp8 said:
10-4 but the tn 65 doesn't have a float in hyd i don't believe it just has to red inputs and thats it.
Plug the hose into the outlet. Place the control lever in "float". Float position is usually when you push the control lever all the way forward, past the down position.

Yes, there should be a detent in the control lever that you can feel when it goes in--you have to push it kinda hard to get it in float position--you are actually depressing a ball and spring in the control spool..

hicky214":136e4ke8 said:

You may not have anything to worry about most disc mowers have some slack in them to make them able to stay level over uneven terrain. Most fields you mow in are level enough to not worry about the float position of the Hydraulic valves.

hurleyjd":2rtsag9k said:
hicky214":2rtsag9k said:

You may not have anything to worry about most disc mowers have some slack in them to make them able to stay level over uneven terrain. Most fields you mow in are level enough to not worry about the float position of the Hydraulic valves.

I wish my fields where level enough not to need it !! Lol :lol2:

pricefarm":3upx8yud said:
hurleyjd":3upx8yud said:
hicky214":3upx8yud said:

I wish my fields where level enough not to need it !! Lol :lol2:
Ditto on that!

Latest posts