Hey Caustic,meet Zelda...

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy in Texas":zxnmrdyy said:
They delivered my sons cow today. And I do like her .She is just as calm as she can be. My son just thru a fit over her. He printed pictures of her and put them up in his barracks in Bagdad. It was so nice to see him happy.
2-2-07_013.jpg

2-2-07_018.jpg

2-2-07_014.jpg

Being I know what you payed for Zelda the only reason she is in your pasture and not mine is you got there first.

Caustic Burno":2m9mksna said:
Being I know what you payed for Zelda the only reason she is in your pasture and not mine is you got there first.

Takes a heck of a man to come to a public forum and announce you were beaten to the punch :lol: :lol:

:D Well I think I got a good deal on her. She is bred to a char I'd say she has a couple 2 -3 weeks to go.
I know she was just a range cow.A little thin for my taste . Gave her some sweet feed and she wouldn't touch it. Good for her. She does like those range cubes. Since she is so close to calving I think I'll wait to worm her.
The only bulls I have are beefmasters. I really didn't want to use them on her. I was thinking hereford. Caustic do you think she would have a tiger stripe ? That would be cool. Does anyone have a picture of brahma/char cross so I see what to expect ?
My son got to call home this morning. He is so happy. All he talked about was Zelda. I sent a bunch of pictures and read what ya'll had wrote. All of you guys made his day .

Well ,I think I'll use a hereford on her. I like the markings and color of them.
I tell you what caustic you should have offered more for her.lol I 've had some brahmas before but not like this one. She is way to docile. I went out yesterday to feed her and decided to let her out of her pen. I put out a few cubes and she very calmly walked around ate them and watched me for a bit. Never took off running or acting like a fool.

Joy in Texas":qp31vwvt said:
Well ,I think I'll use a hereford on her. I like the markings and color of them.
I tell you what caustic you should have offered more for her.lol I 've had some brahmas before but not like this one. She is way to docile. I went out yesterday to feed her and decided to let her out of her pen. I put out a few cubes and she very calmly walked around ate them and watched me for a bit. Never took off running or acting like a fool.

Its a good thing Caustic did not buy her, he might have been tempted to pet her if she is that docile :lol:

Ps. Nice looking girl, and let you son know we appreciate the sacrafice he is making for all of us!

Great looking red Brahman there Joy! I can see why your son is tickled by her!

God bless him and all the service men and women overseas.

TheBullLady":2hu8a957 said:
Great looking red Brahman there Joy! I can see why your son is tickled by her!

God bless him and all the service men and women overseas.
:nod: Good looking cow. God Bless your son.

Caustic Burno":o6a7i2gn said:
Gate Opener":o6a7i2gn said:
Caustic Burno":o6a7i2gn said:
Joy that looks like a money maker for the next twenty years.

What would be the best types of bull to put on her to make the most $$?

Hereford/Angus/Char cross calf's will all ring the bell at the salebarn.

Just for my own knowledge - where do those crosses sell well? Never seen anything with a lot of ear do very well - east coast, even into Florida their prices are a little weak.

Is it the Brimmer in a cow that puts the stripes on? Say if you had a grey Brimmer(I want one) could she be bred to any bull of color to make a Tiger?

Gate Opener":1nvlnjdk said:
Is it the Brimmer in a cow that puts the stripes on? Say if you had a grey Brimmer(I want one) could she be bred to any bull of color to make a Tiger?
you get the most consistant tigers from grey cattle and hereford.. but the reds will give you stripes but sometimes not as pronounced as greys.but their calves are just as good. people get the stripe thing in their head. when the cross is where its at

ALACOWMAN":2h5ogy8v said:
Gate Opener":2h5ogy8v said:
you get the most consistant tigers from grey cattle and hereford.. but the reds will give you stripes but sometimes not as pronounced as greys.but their calves are just as good. people get the stripe thing in their head. when the cross is where its at

Thanks

That is so true. They bring good $$ at the sale barn because of those stripes.

the term zebu aint single to one breed of brahman cattle. heck there a several types. like american red's and grey which to me are the best for crossing they have more flesh than frame and make dandy F1S, indu brazils, gur's these type can have both red and grey colors.

ALACOWMAN":3irfqb7p said:
Gate Opener":3irfqb7p said:
Thats for sure those stripes sell like hot cakes at the sale barns. This man from Seguin had some beautiful stripes that came out of gert cross and a brahma bull. He had a uniformed color of silver and black stripes. The problem with them however was the cows were 1800-2200 lbs. I was at the sale barn when some them came thru. He got like 625-680 per head. All though the calves sold real high
I talked to him for awhile about the cows. I wanted to know what kind of feed they were on. None, coastal grass and mineral blocks. A few cubes once in awhile . In the winter he plants some type of grass for them and hay. Nothing special he said and they just kept growing.

ALACOWMAN":16a16keq said:
the term zebu aint single to one breed of brahman cattle. heck there a several types. like american red's and grey which to me are the best for crossing they have more flesh than frame and make dandy F1S, indu brazils, gur's these type can have both red and grey colors.
I know, thats what alot of ranchers around here call the reds ones. I don't know why the just do. I looked some stuff up about zebu's They were alot smaller than what we have here.

The thing to bear in mind is that Brahman is a composite of zebu breeds. So all Brhamns are zebu but not all zebu are Brahman

dun

Latest posts