QUALITY MEET

Help Support CattleToday:

jaimefloresh

Reaction score
i have brangus and braford cows, bred to charolais and limo bulls to have heavy calves, becouse i sell to feeders. I'm curios what bull breed will be better to increase quality grade meet calves. tanks

Can't go wrong with a Murray Grey. They have a higher prevalence of tenderness and marbling genes than many other breeds. From our experiences, they produce phenomenal tasting, tender beef on grass alone.

jaimefloresh":3tynd2pl said:
i have brangus and braford cows, bred to charolais and limo bulls to have heavy calves, becouse i sell to feeders. I'm curios what bull breed will be better to increase quality grade meet calves. tanks
are you getting docked on price? Cause the route you are taking makes a he!! of a calf . The Mexicans I've talked to says char's are the popular breed there...

jaimefloresh":25k9o946 said:
I have heard alot of good things about murrays but it Will be almost impocible to find in my city or places around. Tanks

Can't you buy semen and Breed up?

ALACOWMAN":3rin972r said:
jaimefloresh":3rin972r said:
are you getting docked on price? Cause the route you are taking makes a he!! of a calf . The Mexicans I've talked to says char's are the popular breed there...
No Dock at all i was wondering if i could get better price if i offer better quality insted of pounds

jaimefloresh":bvlco2xb said:
ALACOWMAN":bvlco2xb said:
jaimefloresh":bvlco2xb said:
No Dock at all i was wondering if i could get better price if i offer better quality insted of pounds
I'm all for quality don't get me wrong...but I'd like to have a pot load of those calves to sell right now. It would prolong my return to the work force :cowboy: