Caustic..

Help Support CattleToday:

They get told once. If they don't listen, they go to either the butcher or the sale barn.

Too many good cattle out there to put up with a headhunter and risk someone's life. All cattle can be unpredictable, but she's proven what she is, and that should get her a one way ticket to the packer. He didn't want to get rid of her because of what he had invested in her. He could have sold her and all her offspring she could potentially produce in a lifetime, and it won't put a dent in that hospital bill.

He sure don't need Braford to make his maiden voyage... his novice handling skills.no doubt lead to the problems...not to make excuses Her, but those two don't need each other...he needs a Hereford on Xanax ...

A.J. said:
Too many good cattle out there to put up with a headhunter and risk someone's life. All cattle can be unpredictable, but she's proven what she is, and that should get her a one way ticket to the packer. He didn't want to get rid of her because of what he had invested in her. He could have sold her and all her offspring she could potentially produce in a lifetime, and it won't put a dent in that hospital bill.

Yep it's much cheaper to keep a good cow. I would bet he made that girl worse. Some people shouldn't own Brimmer influence cattle. You lead Brimers they don't push or play cowboy well.

My cows are halter broke. All of them. None are aggressive. Not even when they have calves. We are very hands on with these girls. I will say though that we cull for disposition. I got a brahman cross heifer bottle calf in may. I could touch her all over when she was nursing but she was not getting friendly otherwise so we sold her 2 weeks later. I did a pretty zoo over the summer on Saturdays at a farmers market. If the calves or sheep or goats bashed another animal or did any even assertive move I gave them a fast and hard correction. I shocked some of the parents of kids. I explained that as the boss cow I had to maintain order. The reason these calves were so gentle was because they were raised with kindness and leadership. Just like kids, good manners dont just happen. They are taught. The guy in the video shouldn't have cows. That cow knows she is the boss of him and he will never be safe with her. Her calves will not make good show calves as she will teach them they are above people in the peck order. He needs to sell her and buy a more docile cow. There are about a million out there he could get that are safe to be around if you act right. He is also wrong when he states registered animals are higher quality. No no no. Just because it gas papers does not mean it has quality. There are some fabulous quality commercial cattle and some really poor quality one with papers. I hope he keeps his grand daughter out of that pen.

Psycho is hereditary.. Sure, there are things that can set off a calm animal, but you're probably not paying any attention to warning signs if that's the case..
I know I still have a few that get a little over-excited about their calves, but they're on their way out... For the last few years, every calf has had a halter on, if not trained to lead, at least trained to not throw a fit when they get tied to a post.. and same goes for bulls.. behave, or your life here will be short... The only time Hector was snorty with me was the morning after I fixed a prolapse and my boots were covered with blood and goop.. he did a lot of bellering at my boots and I got the F out of there

Latest posts