Here's the deal..................

Help Support CattleToday:

So are you not the type to let the wood stay there until the ice is gone? My husband is that way. It has to be done right now and can't stop until it is finished(unless he has to go to his workplace). As for me, I would wait.

Gate Opener":1h19elrr said:
So are you not the type to let the wood stay there until the ice is gone? My husband is that way. It has to be done right now and can't stop until it is finished(unless he has to go to his workplace). As for me, I would wait.

Leaving it sit on the fences (knocked down) or in the water point that the cows can barely get into is hardly an option. Then there are the widow makers that are just hanging on by a thread that the wind can knock down on the cows, etc. Besides, it's winter, I know I won;t be bored and will have something to occupy my time besides whingin about not having anything to do. Come spring I start getting too busy to mess with this kind of stuff. A 1/4 mile section of the hotwire back bone is completey smothered with downed trees and limbs and it's on one side of the calving pasture that we'll start needing in another month.
Then too, sitting around and seeing the damage without doing something about it just drives me nuts, Not much of a drive, more like a short putt.

dun

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well in that case you better git after it. ;-)

I think my dad would be in hog heaven looking at work like that. Sounds like you like to work also. My dad keeps finding "dead" trees to cut down. The last "dead" tree he cut down had buds all over it-he didn't like the tree. They moved to the woods but the woods are slowly disappearing.

Gate Opener":22db1okm said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well in that case you better git after it. ;-)

I think my dad would be in hog heaven looking at work like that. Sounds like you like to work also. My dad keeps finding "dead" trees to cut down. The last "dead" tree he cut down had buds all over it-he didn't like the tree. They moved to the woods but the woods are slowly disappearing.

:lol2:

Alice

Latest posts