Here's the deal..................

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
I'm most likely not going to go back till we got shut down and read every post. If anyone sees a particular subject or post that they think I should look at just shoot me a pm. It will be several weeks, maybe more of just clearinf the debris that is rwuired to be able to put fences back up and make areas accessible to the cows. During daylight hours that will be the highest priority. During dark I'll probably be too beat to do much else. But starting today I'll be keeping up once again with the new stuff.
I'ld like to thank the folks that called (once we got phones back). This old phart is grateful for the well wishes and concern.

dun

Dang glad to hear from you Dun. Wish we were closer as we would have been glad to help out. We had our own mini ice storm out of that same system that got you. Just keep us posted on how things are going and when you get caught up post some pictures of the ridge. Good luckand know our thoughts are with you.

If anyone wants to help, bring a good chainsaw and a semi to haul off the firewood

dun

dun":2u8i8rbz said:
If anyone wants to help, bring a good chainsaw and a semi to haul off the firewood

dun

I'll start checking ebay for a semi, let you know if I have any luck. Oh, and welcome back, old phart.

cfpinz

Whew, I'm glad to see your little belly slappin' avatar didn't suffer...love that little guy/gal, whatever...

Extra glad to see that you're back, Dun. :)

Be careful and please don't overdo.

Alice

Alice":3v588m0k said:

Alice

You must be related to my wife. I've got the neighbors place to clear today and tomorrow so we'll restore her electricity. Huge oaks went down and pulled down the pole and pulled the service head out of her house. She'll never ask for help but she's 87 or so I figure a young welp like me shoudl be helping her out.

dun

dun":3lu27unj said:
Alice":3lu27unj said:

Alice

You must be related to my wife. I've got the neighbors place to clear today and tomorrow so we'll restore her electricity. Huge oaks went down and pulled down the pole and pulled the service head out of her house. She'll never ask for help but she's 87 or so I figure a young welp like me shoudl be helping her out.

dun

Alright then...but dress warm... :) And if your neighbor lady wants you to quit for a spell and come in for some coffee and pie, you do it!

Alice

Glad to see you made it through. Looked bad. My father-in-law was iced in at Tishomingo, OK for several days. We just had bad roads.

Dun, I have a couple chainsaws I can send ya. Neither of them run but you wouldn't know what that noise was even if they did run.......... :D :lol: :D

flaboy-":1l8mr1wo said:
Dun, I have a couple chainsaws I can send ya. Neither of them run but you wouldn't know what that noise was even if they did run.......... :D :lol: :D

I've got enough saws, what I need is someone to run them and haul the stuff to another state

dun

dun":8vbs5uag said:
Alice":8vbs5uag said:

Alice

dun

You're a good man, Dun. Please be careful. :) Whether you planned on it or not, you're the voice of reason and guidance on these boards and the vast majority of us look up to you. :)

msscamp":3sbhnasw said:
dun":3sbhnasw said:
Alice":3sbhnasw said:

Alice

dun

You're a good man, Dun. Please be careful. :) Whether you planned on it or not, you're the voice of reason and guidance on these boards and the vast majority of us look up to you. :)

I just thought it was because he came over on the Mayflower. :lol:

cfpinz

cfpinz":s3qv1gpc said:

cfpinz

Nope, I came over with the vikings and was sitting on the beach waiting for the Mayflower. I had this frozen firewood I was looking to sell..............

dun

dun":mgdwkfla said:
cfpinz":mgdwkfla said:

cfpinz

Nope, I came over with the vikings and was sitting on the beach waiting for the Mayflower. I had this frozen firewood I was looking to sell..............

dun

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dun, can you tell a big difference in cutting the frozen wood versus warm wood? Wondered if it was like trying to cut Bois d'arc.

Gate Opener":3qfytxps said:
dun":3qfytxps said:
cfpinz":3qfytxps said:

cfpinz

dun

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dun, can you tell a big difference in cutting the frozen wood versus warm wood? Wondered if it was like trying to cut Bois d'arc.

The problem isn;t the frozen wood, it's the coating of ice. The ice(water) dilutes the chain lube and you have to stop and sharpen the chain more often. The dilution theory is mine but it seems logical since a chain dulls quicker. It's not as bad as cutting hollow trees that are full of water but it runs a close second

dun