Herefords????

Help Support CattleToday:

Steve Banks":40giibim said:
Commerically speaking, would getting into Polled Herefords be one of the good breeds to have?
I've been told and seen that herefords (right or wrong) just don't bring as many $$$ at commerical sales! However do their genetics and overall performance make up for the less money??
I'm only asking from a commerical sense.

Quality calves bring good money here regardless of color except longhorns. I seen the red ones beat the black ones and the yellow ones beat them also. Best calf brings the best price here maybe your buyers haven't realized hide color doesn't represent quality.

Campground Cattle":29m3q9dx said:
Steve Banks":29m3q9dx said:
Commerically speaking, would getting into Polled Herefords be one of the good breeds to have?
I've been told and seen that herefords (right or wrong) just don't bring as many $$$ at commerical sales! However do their genetics and overall performance make up for the less money??
I'm only asking from a commerical sense.

Quality calves bring good money here regardless of color except longhorns. I seen the red ones beat the black ones and the yellow ones beat them also. Best calf brings the best price here maybe your buyers haven't realized hide color doesn't represent quality.
I couldn't agree with you more