Hereford Udders

Help Support CattleToday:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
LAD002.jpg

Here's a daughter off the horned Hereford bull I leased to Genex-F-R 552 Lad 20P-these heifers grazed out till Mid Jan and are getting fed every two or three days now. I think they're going to make good practical mother cows.

i know this she is a heck of a nice heifer.an shes in great condition.looks like she is growing real good.is she bred or open.

I would like to have 100 with her body and condition. I would like to see a little more udder forming for a heifer calving within a month. That said, a lot can change in a week. Let's see a picture close to calving.

RVF":1ivv96co said:
I would like to have 100 with her body and condition. I would like to see a little more udder forming for a heifer calving within a month. That said, a lot can change in a week. Let's see a picture close to calving.
that's for sure especially with heifer's..one day look like their baggin' up..next day down. nice heifer

That's the kind of udder you get with cattle going back to 8020-small tight udder but a good calf at side. I'll try and get down there and get some pics when they're milking.

I'd like to see the udder after she's weaned her calf. Hopefully it will still be as nice. Pretty heifer. :lol:

Northern Rancher":z5u8kove said:
That's the kind of udder you get with cattle going back to 8020-small tight udder but a good calf at side.
  • >>I'll try and get down there and get some pics when they're milking<<
that's alright i'll take your word on it. from what ive seen you know what your doing.

I looked along time to find a Hereford bull that was both calving ease and a female maker-both Fraser's and I calve out on the grass so good udders are a big deal. I will not help a calf get sucking.

it's been my experiance if you got one with bad udder and teat structure sping calving> lush grass< will make em surface. they got to be sho nuff tidy to hold up

Northern Rancher":3ojklcss said:
I looked along time to find a Hereford bull that was both calving ease and a female maker-both Fraser's and I calve out on the grass so good udders are a big deal. I will not help a calf get sucking.

I wish there were more in the Hereford world with your attitude. You have to look hard to find breeders who are concerned about making good trouble free Hereford cows. At present I can still help cows if required (a live calf is better than no calf), but helping a cow is a terminal disease at my place.

RVF":5lczt8a7 said:
Northern Rancher":5lczt8a7 said:

I wish there were more in the Hereford world with your attitude. You have to look hard to find breeders who are concerned about making good trouble free Hereford cows. At present I can still help cows if required (a live calf is better than no calf), but helping a cow is a terminal disease at my place.

Bet my bone pile is smaller than your's. :)

I just calved out 3 hereford heifers that I purchased in dam. They have very nice utters, if you can find them! Talk about no milk! :shock:

Just talked to Murray Fraser and these heifers are starting to calve and things look good-plenty of gas in the tank!!

Latest posts