Hereford lines (what if)

Help Support CattleToday:

What does this mean??????????????????

and one day a bull got inside the local store.

BIZIN":3mqchwlj said:
Question for the more senior hereford guys here. Would it be a good idea to find two linebred herds, that have been closed for a long time, lets say for example Lent's and Deewall's and take the best animals from both herds and cross them, would crossing two linebred herds give you a better animal? I believe DOC has answered this question for me before but I cant remember. I'm serious looking at trying to start with some of the best horned herefords that are out there, that are real ranch cattle and not overfed, and start my own linebreeding herd using two existing linebreeding operations. I'm 25 and have alot of years to get some cows bought and close a herd of my own. What do you guys think?

I think if you assemble good, functional, cows whether they are closely related or NOT and you spend the next 30 years trying to develop consistency of type and performance and you don't make too many mistakes along the way you will have good progress. I think it is more important to have cows with the phenotype you want than to worry too much about the pedigrees going in.

tlmcr":nr2zm2rz said:
What does this mean??????????????????

and one day a bull got inside the local store.

We had some Jersey bulls running with our heifers and there was a small country store/filling staion/post office/lunch counter near that pasture. One day one of the Jersey bulls got out and went "visiting" to the store. He was having a great time rubbing on the hoses to the gas pumps outside the store. The lady that owned the store came out to chase him away with a broom but he thought she wanted to play so he headed over to her to rub on her a bit. She backed away but when she went back in the door of the store backwards slapping the bull in the face with the broom he followed her into the store. In the store she was able to escape by perching on top of the check out counter next to the cash register and luckily the phone. She called my dad who lived nearby and we all went over to rescue her. The bull had a ring in his nose so we just snapped a lead rope into that and led him back to the pasture. The actual damage to the inside of the store was minimal, at least in our eyes, but the store owner was quite shaken. He had gotten a gas hose wrapped around his neck and jerked the thing off. The store was without a gas pump for several days.

Needless to say those bulls had to go.

Idaman":w8an8a47 said:
The actual damage to the inside of the store was minimal, at least in our eyes, but the store owner was quite shaken. He had gotten a gas hose wrapped around his neck and jerked the thing off. The store was without a gas pump for several days.

Now that is one crazy store owner; why did he do that? :banana: :banana:

ANAZAZI":35wu5sp8 said:
Idaman":35wu5sp8 said:
The actual damage to the inside of the store was minimal, at least in our eyes, but the store owner was quite shaken. He had gotten a gas hose wrapped around his neck and jerked the thing off. The store was without a gas pump for several days.

Now that is one crazy store owner; why did he do that? :banana: :banana:

Must have been with the Indians too long. They always referred to someone as "that old lady he----" or "that old man she----". Another was " that mice he went down my sleeping bag". :wave:

Latest posts