Hereford enthusiasts ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Online was a very highly used bull a few years back, bright future did okay, my thoughts are GQ was a flash in the pan bull. I do recognize a couple of the ranches on some of the other names, local Hereford ranches in the NW.

Stallings polled Herefords is in Oregon Alan, looks like they have a nice thing going. Online and Star Bright were sires I noticed on the top side but I liked the look of CRR 63J KODIAK 271 on the bottom.

I'll have to get the paperwork for the bull they're bred to.

Thanks for your

Didn't care for anything Remitall they didn't work well for me.
Others had great successes, I preferred Star Lake, Braxton and Victor lines.
The 2011 drought and health forced me out of the seed stock and back to totally commercial.
Can't play that game with 12 to 15 cows, I still have a few fine girls left and will retain to AI to
get replacements.

The upper half with Bright Future and Online as well as GQ are some bulls that have been popular. You'll probably get a mixed bag of comments with the Star Lake and Remitall bulls, either people love them or hate them for various reasons.

I didn't recognize most of the names, other than the Remitall junk, so I went further back and found some real good stuff, and not so good. But lots of growth and maternal power behind that animal.

Thanks for the comments, I only picked them up because they were a good deal "for my area". Reg., halter broke and bred to a Reg. Hereford bull.

What works for some people and some areas doesn't work for the others. I don't know if my cows would work 3300 miles away with Hook, or 3300 miles the other way with Aaron or HD.

The only thing I know is those little Hereford calves are going to be cute!! And worth nearly what I paid for their moms.

When I get the bulls paperwork I'll post it and all of you can evaluate it.

Thanks
Scott

I have bought a heifer years ago from stallings, only one heifer, good heifer...... But have purchased more from Bar One, a partner. He (stallings) had a decent bull, Maui Jim. VF is vollsteidt farms out of Albany,or. Their jester bull was very nice bull,bought a few head from them also. For the last few years I AI and covered with a black Angus bull.

You'll sure know who they were bred to with AI (herf) and a black bull.

If they are around long enough I will AI them to an Angus bull after they calve, since that's all I have in the tank.

It looks to be mostly a show cattle pedigree. Online, GQ and Bright Future were popular bulls within the show cattle industry but didn't get much use in the commercial cattle sector. Its certainly not a pedigree that I would seek out, but it really depends on the individual and what you intend to do with it.

Yes smnherf, I purchased them from a young gal puttin' herself through school showing calves for her grampa.

Like I said their not herd builders for me but they'll make a calf and some $$.

Thanks

smnherf":2xue26so said:
It looks to be mostly a show cattle pedigree. Online, GQ and Bright Future were popular bulls within the show cattle industry but didn't get much use in the commercial cattle sector. Its certainly not a pedigree that I would seek out, but it really depends on the individual and what you intend to do with it.

Online was used a ton ..... Period. And no I don't and haven't used him, to say he wasn't used in the commercial end is not correct. GQ, bright future maybe, online has a lot of offspring. Online crossed with horned commercial bulls very well.

I should have said successfully used in the commercial sector, but I don't think many commercial cows were bred to online over the years. Several breeders, mostly guys that like to sell show heifers, used him and sons of him and then sold bulls into the commercial sector. I even used a son cleanup for a couple years, and they never worked very well here. I know a guy that turned into a very good customer after buying several online sons, grandsons and great grandsons through a couple different sources and wound up looking for something different.

Alan":2co7a31j said:
smnherf":2co7a31j said:

Online was used a ton ..... Period. And no I don't and haven't used him, to say he wasn't used in the commercial end is not correct. GQ, bright future maybe, online has a lot of offspring. Online crossed with horned commercial bulls very well.

Online seems to be coming back some from what I have seen in the past couple years. Have seen a few sales this fall with heifers sired by him. Revolution 4R's dam MSU TCF RACHAEL ET 54N is an Online daughter - trying to find what lot # she was when MSU had their dispersal to see what she sold for but she's still being flushed I think. I found 62 animals on the AHA website she is listed as the dam of including 10 that were born in 2014. I'm a pedigree junky so I started to look through who they mated her with and looks like the ET's they have flushed on her recently were sired by Boyd World Wide 9050, Star Shock Wave 13Y, Wyarno, Mr Hereford, Lagrand Reload, Boomer P606, and Rib Eye R117.

Latest posts