Here comes the Rain.... wait?

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita

Reaction score
How did that song go? Thought is was supposed to be SUN!!! I am NOT going to cuss it though. We have needed this for so long.
Here I sit, on the inside looking out. Again. We had over 16 inches in November; more than we had in all the months since April combined. I know, you folks west and south have had the drought much worse. I guess I'm basking in the glory of it All. Raining now, and looking like another turd floater. Still have roads and bridges washed out from the last round. Possible snow on Monday/night. I put out fertilizer later than I ever have this year. Ryegrass has exploded in the past month. I think enough to turn the cattle in for a few days, and then boot'em back out. Had plans to install a couple gates today, but my heart just ain't in to raingear. SO, here I sit :( with a cold one :D , and my snuff :help: , and my family :banana:

b glad your getting the rain because next year you could be in a drought like ours.

Savor it while you've got it. And then it's all headed this way. At least it will be mild temps (I hope).

Ouachita":9otpy1cb said:
SO, here I sit :( with a cold one :D , and my snuff :help: , and my family :banana:
Your priorities Ouachita, I hope are not in that order :shock: :lol:

alisonb":3g26338e said:
Ouachita":3g26338e said:
SO, here I sit :( with a cold one :D , and my snuff :help: , and my family :banana:
Your priorities Ouachita, I hope are not in that order :shock: :lol:

Well, no. It was a poor attempt at humor, but related to another thread where I've decided to jump aboard the wagon

Well, so far, its done the same thing this time as every other time in the past year. You see the rain coming (on radar) but when it gets to Lavaca county it breaks up and goes around. Someone must be doing something wrong - maybe its me?

Hope I got everything buttoned down for the freeze. Water off and pipes drained, hay out, cubes out, supplement out, fish fed, hog trap baited. What did I forget!

Latest posts