Herding wild turkeys with a DJI Drone

Help Support CattleToday:

CattleMan1920

Reaction score
I was out on a routine flight checking cattle when I spotted this group of wild turkeys. I went in for a closer look and here is what happened.

They were actually pretty chilled out considering I was right on top of them. I noticed one with the tail all flared out, LOL!

http://bit.ly/2WR8BqD

************* said:
I was out on a routine flight checking cattle when I spotted this group of wild turkeys. I went in for a closer look and here is what happened.

They were actually pretty chilled out considering I was right on top of them. I noticed one with the tail all flared out, LOL!

http://bit.ly/2WR8BqD

Brook, where is all your steep land? Man, I don't have anything as level as that! BTW: you are having too much fun with that drone. Lol

Ryder said:
Good video.
Next I guess you will try herding cats with your machine? :clap:

I'm hoping to find a coyote soon to play around with, except they are pretty sly and not as easy to chase as the turkeys.

callmefence said:
I'm glad you don't live anywhere round me.......

LOL!, Me TOO! I figure my drone would be in shot out of the sky. I don't use it however to check out the neighbors, just our place.

On my bucket list for catching with it, are deer, coyote, fox, and whatever else is wild and interesting.

FYI, one of the big issues I'm having with the drone is dealing with the red tail hawks. They see it and go after it. Whenever I see a hawk fly past the front camera, I get the he.ll out of the location. They will trash a drone in seconds with those claws. I may be able to find a photo I took where one was within a few feet of the front of the drone while it was 100 feet or so up in the air. He wasn't playing around.

Here is the hawk "fly by", a warning, he basically was saying, next time the drone is toast, get out of here.

The image is blurry, because he or she was flying very fast.

[image]269[/image]

The Cat Herding video debuted at the 2000 Super Bowl. A handful of companies are notable for their marketing genius. IMO the aforementioned Cat Herding ad is inarguably the best of the best.
DJI Mavic 2 Zoom
Looked it up. Yikes. Thats a mega $$$ toy.

76 Bar said:
The Cat Herding video debuted at the 2000 Super Bowl. A handful of companies are notable for their marketing genius. IMO the aforementioned Cat Herding ad is inarguably the best of the best.
DJI Mavic 2 Zoom
Looked it up. Yikes. Thats a mega $$$ toy.

Hence the reason I respect and fly off quickly when I see hawks

Latest posts