Helping a neighbor with a bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Rafter S":1vf9geee said:
Red Bull Breeder":1vf9geee said:
Bulls are the ones that carry trich.

Yes, but don't they get it from cows?
Yes they do. That's why they test bulls. If it's positive there was an infected cow floating around somewhere. And if he's infected he will spread it to more cows.
I don;t know if a cow can be reinfected.

That how it keeps traveling around dun. The cow won't breed till she is clean. A dirty bull will keep the cow infected. Cow will clear up on her on as long as she is not reinfected. The bull is what keeps the cow infected.

Red Bull Breeder":3nmie7g8 said:
That how it keeps traveling around dun. The cow won't breed till she is clean. A dirty bull will keep the cow infected. Cow will clear up on her on as long as she is not reinfected. The bull is what keeps the cow infected.
I thought she might be able to, but I didn;t know for sure. Thought it might be like chlamydia.

been there done that and a resounding noooooooooooo. It worked once for me and that was it. They usually come back in poorer health, weighing less and sometimes injured.

Well, the fellow came and looked at the herd.. he was very impressed by how docile they all were, but apparently didn't do much reading of the email I sent him, saying we were set on a sale-only.. He left with an empty trailer, but enjoyed the visit.. Teddy, the bull's little 3 week old brother was a suck for attention, pulling on shirt tails, etc

That's not necessarily a bad thing, if he liked what he saw he'll probably be asking what you have for sale in the future. It's all about building relationships

Latest posts