Heifer has right lung full of fluid

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a vet with 30 yrs. of experience stumped. Heifer that has a right lung full of fluid, no sickness otherwise. Did LA 200 and NUFLOR as directed in heavy doses no difference, no fever, just fluid in the right lung. Moves around and eats fine. Any ideas??????????

[email protected]":dngi4q9k said:
I have a vet with 30 yrs. of experience stumped. Heifer that has a right lung full of fluid, no sickness otherwise. Did LA 200 and NUFLOR as directed in heavy doses no difference, no fever, just fluid in the right lung. Moves around and eats fine. Any ideas??????????

Seen something simular don't know if the lung was full. Dealt with one one time that had fluid vet never could get it to clear up lung finally abcessed had to give the last shot with the 22. But this was a long time ago and we didn't have the drugs we have today all we had was Combiatic(sp) and I can't even remember what was in it.

We have done the NUFLUR and the LA 200, can't find out what is going on!!

Out of curiousity...how'd you figure out that lung was full of fluid? You said the heifer acts fine otherwise? I don't usually make a habit of checking healthy-looking animals - half my herd could have chronic pnemonia and unless they act like it I wouldn't know or bother to check. lol.

Latest posts