Heard a rumor yesterday.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":pytyxz7u said:
Bestoutwest, I should of said "strenuous work" sorry for the mis - quote. It's not white trash I use POS instead.
It's easy to be a bad azz on the Internet. But if I ever hit a 5'8" person I'd feel terrible, but they'd feel worse. Let's try to get back on track on this subject its very interesting to me.

Misquotes happen. I'll try to remember that you're a POS instead of White Trash-sorry to be so offensive :lol2: .

On hitting a 5'8" person: You never know what's wrapped in that tiny package. There are some tough dudes that small and smaller.
Here's a great example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wSDFS7o9hA

RiverHills":pfqogk6g said:
Lol I didn't read it all. I would just like to see a topic on cattle information go this far. But I guesss a good clean debate never hurt anyone. :tiphat:

Hey hills,
There is a vast array of cattle topics on here, some of which have some pretty long legs. The search feature is your friend (well, sometimes :D ) I think the reasons most of the cattle topics don't go on for pages and pages include: it's been hashed over before. The answers to most questions are pretty succinct and the wise ones on this board do a great job of providing answers. The only real latitude for debate involves regional differences typically. The topics in the coffee shop go on and on because so many involve opinion. Everyone knows farmers and ranchers have opinions! Some opinion s can spawn debate about cattle, but usually ends in regional differences or just personal preference from what I can tell. For example, I wouldn't dream of debating Lucky P about health and vaccines, or Texas Bred about nutrition...or Caustic about buying sale barn cattle. To me, those would be foolish undertakings. Flip side is, I enjoy being 'educated' by some of those same folks,on Civil War history. Some of us are here for entertainment as well as knowledge.
Didn't post this to be nasty btw. Just throwing it out there.

Commercialfarmer":whg7jdxq said:
You boys got your threads all mixed up. White trash name calling is over yonder.

And I don't know much about dams and dashes, except that Dash ain't worth a dam. :hide:

:lol: If Darryl won't laugh I will. Funniest post this month :lol:

bball":frbhq6fr said:
RiverHills":frbhq6fr said:
Lol I didn't read it all. I would just like to see a topic on cattle information go this far. But I guesss a good clean debate never hurt anyone. :tiphat:

Hey hills,
There is a vast array of cattle topics on here, some of which have some pretty long legs. The search feature is your friend (well, sometimes :D ) I think the reasons most of the cattle topics don't go on for pages and pages include: it's been hashed over before. The answers to most questions are pretty succinct and the wise ones on this board do a great job of providing answers. The only real latitude for debate involves regional differences typically. The topics in the coffee shop go on and on because so many involve opinion. Everyone knows farmers and ranchers have opinions! Some opinion s can spawn debate about cattle, but usually ends in regional differences or just personal preference from what I can tell. For example, I wouldn't dream of debating Lucky P about health and vaccines, or Texas Bred about nutrition...or Caustic about buying sale barn cattle. To me, those would be foolish undertakings. Flip side is, I enjoy being 'educated' by some of those same folks,on Civil War history. Some of us are here for entertainment as well as knowledge.

Brad I think a few of the old codgers on the boards may be civil war veterans :lol: :hide:

inyati13":2cnzq4fd said:
There are all kinds of coping mechanisms. I would rather be crazy than depressed. Crazy people enjoy life. Saw a guy sitting in the park in Denver. Ask me for money. I started talking to him. He said he was an astronaut for NASA. Needed the money to buy a new space suit. I gave him $5. He was so happy, we both got a beer at the nearest bar.
Now I remember you! ....;)

bball":92nxfddd said:
RiverHills":92nxfddd said:

Hey hills,

No big deal!!!! Just amazed how far some can go. It's always the same folks too. :hide:

Sorry im new to this. I don't go to the coffee shop or watering hole in town. I'm trying to learn what to say or how to act on here first. :)

RiverHills":6p5w4zaq said:
Sorry im new to this. I don't go to the coffee shop or watering hole in town. I'm trying to learn what to say or how to act on here first. :)

And the best thing.... This is free :pop:

Kingfisher":mmpx150j said:
inyati13":mmpx150j said:
There are all kinds of coping mechanisms. I would rather be crazy than depressed. Crazy people enjoy life. Saw a guy sitting in the park in Denver. Ask me for money. I started talking to him. He said he was an astronaut for NASA. Needed the money to buy a new space suit. I gave him $5. He was so happy, we both got a beer at the nearest bar.
Now I remember you! ....;)

Thanks for the ride in your spaceship. We need to do that again.

True Grit Farms":2kxcjdws said:
I'll leave mental illness to all the professionals out there to figure out how to treat it. Because after all they've done such a great job on cancer. Mental illness is another money grab by the AMA, just like cancer. IMO
The majority of people I know who committed suicide were receiving help and taking drugs to help them. I saw how that worked out for them first hand.

Grit,
The AMA is a membership of Doctors. Their mission is to advance the field of Medicine. I agree to some extent that they feather their nest through lobby efforts. AMA is not a major source of medical research. The biggest public source is NIH:

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is a biomedical research facility primarily located in Bethesda, Maryland. An agency of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, it is the primary agency of the United States government responsible for biomedical and health-related research.

Their research budget is about 30 billion a year. Yes, public money.

Nevertheless, private institutions spend more on medical research, i.e., drug companies, manufacturers of medical equipment, etc.

It is ludicrous to suggest a cure for cancer or other medical conditions are within the means of AMA to suppress. If Eli Lilly produces a drug that cures pancreatic cancer, they will market it and make billions.

If I hadn't seen it first hand I wouldn't believe it either. For some folks cancer treatments work on and other folk's with the exact same kind of cancer the treatments don't work? Give me a break, I don't buy it. The same vaccinations and cures for disease work for all of us, no matter what color or race, except for cancer. And now look at AIDS no one with money dies from AIDS anymore. It's pretty simple to see from my simple mind what's going on there. The doctors and the medical industry make nothing off of the healthy people, everyone knows $money is an evil people kill for it daily.
If the research center is receiving $30 billion dollars a year, the researchers are doing good right now, who wants to work themselves out of a job? We all know there's no crooks close by Bethesda Maryland, the crook capital of the world.

True Grit Farms":3gdyv1fy said:
If I hadn't seen it first hand I wouldn't believe it either. For some folks cancer treatments work on and other folk's with the exact same kind of cancer the treatments don't work? Give me a break, I don't buy it. The same vaccinations and cures for disease work for all of us, no matter what color or race, except for cancer. And now look at AIDS no one with money dies from AIDS anymore. It's pretty simple to see from my simple mind what's going on there. The doctors and the medical industry make nothing off of the healthy people, everyone knows $money is an evil people kill for it daily.
If the research center is receiving $30 billion dollars a year, the researchers are doing good right now, who wants to work themselves out of a job? We all know there's no crooks close by Bethesda Maryland, the crook capital of the world.

Grit,
The NIH awards the $30 billion in the form of grants. The applicant submits a research problem and if successful gets an award. The NIH does not conduct the research with that budget. The money goes to research institutions, University researchers, etc. I don't know what the NIH employees do. Probably review applications and drink coffee.

RiverHills":1rsfe9op said:
bball":1rsfe9op said:
RiverHills":1rsfe9op said:

Hey hills,

No big deal!!!! Just amazed how far some can go. It's always the same folks too. :hide:

First thing you do is get about half drunk..or in CB's case drink at least one large bottle of Hadacol or NyQuil (He's a tee-totaler). :hide:

True Grit Farms":yqh6kzaa said:
How many people died before we discovered and perfected antibiotics?? And even then what worked on one disease didn't work on another.

The majority of the researchers are probably sitting on their azz looking through glass making a $100k plus per year. And the others are pushing paper, drinking coffee And eating donuts making twice as much. I'd say good for them if the bulk of the $money wasn't coming from the taxpayers. And then if the researchers get lucky and find something that actually works the cost will be so high that the average person can't afford the treatments.
Research, retirement and technology has drove this country into bankruptcy. FACT

The medical industry is fubar in my opinion.

My with fell a few weeks back trying to play with the kids in the creek.
First trip to er. Yep fracture in forearm. 500.00 copay. They did nothing.

Next stop had to be primary doctor...40.00
He looks at xray from er. Prescription of pain meds refers to orthopedic doctor. ...60.00
Does more xrays same conclusion. Puts on a temporary cast. Looks like something you would buy at Wal-Mart
Has to go once a week so he can look at it.. I can only imagine how much my 1000.00 per month insurance will get billed.
I told her after we left the er . You'll end up with a dozen doctor visits over this and know one will do a damn thing. Tiny little fracture would heal fine. Every single one of knew it.
You just get passed around till they bleed your insurance for all they can.

The same vaccinations and cures for disease work for all of us.
No--they don't. Some vaccines and treatments work for some people with some disease, but will not work for others, and people do still get measles, flu, and chicken pox even if they are vaccinated.
The common cold, influenza, and pneumonia kill thousands of people here in the US every year, while in 10s of thousands of others, the treatments are successful. Heart disease is still the #1 killer in the US with 600,000 dying from it each year in spite of drugs, surgery and therapy. Arthritis is currently incurable, as are asthma, Alzheimer, and diabetes. Each can be treated, but treatment does not always work on 100% of them.
Cancer never affects any 2 people the same because no 2 people are exactly the same, even identical twins. My identical twin brother is diabetic-I am not. My brother has cancer, I do not--so far. I am color blind--my brother is not.
I used to believe that education and information were cures for ignorance, but have come to the realization they don't work on all people. There are still people that believe we never set foot on the moon, and of course, there is no cure at all for stupidity.

greybeard":3rhk4jr8 said:
The same vaccinations and cures for disease work for all of us.
No--they don't. Some vaccines and treatments work for some people with some disease, but will not work for others, and people do still get measles, flu, and chicken pox even if they are vaccinated.
The common cold, influenza, and pneumonia kill thousands of people here in the US every year, while in 10s of thousands of others, the treatments are successful. Heart disease is still the #1 killer in the US with 600,000 dying from it each year in spite of drugs, surgery and therapy. Arthritis is currently incurable, as are asthma, Alzheimer, and diabetes. Each can be treated, but treatment does not always work on 100% of them.
Cancer never affects any 2 people the same because no 2 people are exactly the same, even identical twins. My identical twin brother is diabetic-I am not. My brother has cancer, I do not--so far. I am color blind--my brother is not.
I used to believe that education and information were cures for ignorance, but have come to the realization they don't work on all people. There are still people that believe we never set foot on the moon, and of course, there is no cure at all for stupidity.
:D :kid: :drink:

Fence, I just called the local pharmacy to get a price on Humalog insulin. Retail, no insurance, it cost $295.31 a bottle. You can buy the same product, same company in Europe with no prescription $38 including tax. In South America it is a tad less then the $38.

Same company, same product, maybe different manufacturing plants.

If drug companies are making this kind of money (and this product has been available for over 15 years) why would they want to come up with a cure for diabetes? Oh, they also sell many other kinds of insulin, hardware, bandages, syringes, infusion sets, insulin pumps.....

On TV 20 years ago most of the ads. were for automobiles. Not now, it's pharmaceuticals, or lawyers wanting to sue them for product failures.

Affordable Health Care.....the working 3/8 of America is screwed. We got to make it available for the other 5/8.

Latest posts