Headgate

Help Support CattleToday:

Tennessee Cattleman

Reaction score
Since this is my first post on the Cattle Forum I would like to say hello to everone. I have a cow/calf operation and usually run 60-70 cows. I am in the market for a new heavy duty manual headgate. This headgate must open wide enough for cows to pass through upon release. I have been considering the Powder River Classic Stanchion, & also the For-Most 30T. Any suggestions or comments on manual headgates welcomed. :cboy:

don't know much about those types, but my son & i both like our priefert headgates. they can self catch & open wide to let cows through

hello i have a powder river head gate that is very new . hardly used at all and in great shape. ihave sold all my cows . i had a grass problem and decided to sell and re look at things and get the grass back right and decide if i have enough grass for cows. i might be interested in selling it . you can email me at [email protected] for any further questions and ill see what i can do. i am in horn lake ,ms just south of memphis,tn. thanks tommy

Thanks for the info fellows. I am about 500 miles east of Memphis TN Cattletom, but I would like to know what you think about your Power River headgate & what model you have. I most likely will buy a manual headgate. I have grown tired of changing the neck width on my old auto headgate along with the cows backing up when their shoulders hit the headgate. Still seeking more info on manual headgates.

Thanks for the info fellows. I am about 500 miles east of Memphis TN Cattletom, but I would like to know what you think about your Power River headgate & what model you have. I most likely will buy a manual headgate. I have grown tired of changing the neck width on my old auto headgate along with the cows backing up when their shoulders hit the headgate. Still seeking more info on manual headgates.

i have a priefert squeeze chute automatic head catch and i do not have to adjust the head chute to any size chatches all sizes no problem at all

Latest posts