Hay String

Help Support CattleToday:

Speaking of hay twine.....

Takes a little longer but....after cutting all of the twines I tie them all in a knot before pulling them out from under the bale. After pulling them out from under the bales I throw them in an empty tub and when I get several together, I weave three(3 bales) of them together and braid lead ropes. They make great ones...very strong too.

2barmcattle":zhyps9dr said:

Takes a little longer but....after cutting all of the twines I tie them all in a knot before pulling them out from under the bale. After pulling them out from under the bales I throw them in an empty tub and when I get several together, I weave three(3 bales) of them together and braid lead ropes. They make great ones...very strong too.
Three plait 4 or 6 just curious.

Back when my fingers would still bend I used to do the samething. I must have a copule of miles of the stuff hanging aorund here.

3 plait.

Caustic Burno":1sr8xw0n said:
2barmcattle":1sr8xw0n said:

2barmcattle":2hd03nog said:
3 plait.

Caustic Burno":2hd03nog said:
2barmcattle":2hd03nog said:

I do 3 3s then one 9 (the 3 3s done together)

Latest posts