Plastic hay rings

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":3t02te5q said:
TCRanch":3t02te5q said:
We just bought another one like Bigfoot's pic. It's a Century, $260, bought it at one of the local Coops. We have 5 more that we've had for 8 years. And yes, they're bull proof :)

Ma'am I not one to tell someone how to run there operation. But your bull needs a bigger pen.

Maybe that's the new trend-limit grazing.

Commercialfarmer":2h8py1qk said:
True Grit Farms":2h8py1qk said:
TCRanch":2h8py1qk said:
We just bought another one like Bigfoot's pic. It's a Century, $260, bought it at one of the local Coops. We have 5 more that we've had for 8 years. And yes, they're bull proof :)

Ma'am I not one to tell someone how to run there operation. But your bull needs a bigger pen.

Maybe that's the new trend-limit grazing.

There you go! We were actually trying to put a couple more lbs on him before we sold him so burning off all those grazing calories would have been counter productive.

True Grit Farms":1eek587e said:
TCRanch":1eek587e said:

:lol2: :lol: :clap: :nod:

Hey we have a black plastic one as well. Absolutely love it. We did break a small top piece off the ring itself does anyone know if we can just buy that piece to replace it instead of buying a whole new ring

Kansascattle":1stuifle said:
Hey we have a black plastic one as well. Absolutely love it. We did break a small top piece off the ring itself does anyone know if we can just buy that piece to replace it instead of buying a whole new ring

Doubtful but I would contact your local Coop (or wherever you purchased it) to see if they have an extra; would probably have to replace the entire ring. Or you could contact Century. Not sure where you're located in KS but they're located in OK.

http://centurylivestockfeeders.com/

True Grit Farms":gye1fd22 said:
TCRanch":gye1fd22 said:

Does he really need a bigger pen, since it is obviously portable??
Or is that just the latest thing in intensive grazing?

TCRanch":2je4ft8k said:
They're steer proof as well. Found this guy yesterday, also a mental pygmy but not a progeny of our aforementioned bull. If they can get in, they can get out. Eventually. :dunce:

That is one down side.

They get in there and think they're king of the hill, eat their fill and **** on it for everyone else.

We bought one of these this last spring, got two more in the fall we liked it so much.

http://www.randclivestockequipment.com/

Got the one without the skirt. They were a bit pricey but the last steel feeder I bought for over $300 lasted exactly a month before the welds started breaking and the thing was so dang heavy. I think I have just as much or less hay loss as I did with the steel rings with the skirts. Guy I bought them from runs his own cow/calf business and has them everywhere, said he had to replace a few bolts this year on the ones he had that were about ten years old.

Atimm693":tyb3chns said:
TCRanch":tyb3chns said:
They're steer proof as well. Found this guy yesterday, also a mental pygmy but not a progeny of our aforementioned bull. If they can get in, they can get out. Eventually. :dunce:

That is one down side.

They get in there and think they're king of the hill, eat their fill and be nice on it for everyone else.

True!

True Grit Farms":1dhif5fp said:
TCRanch":1dhif5fp said:

I figured they are practicing a "Controlled Breeding Season".

IndianCreekcowboy":g7axkqyl said:
True Grit Farms":g7axkqyl said:
TCRanch":g7axkqyl said:

I figured they are practicing a "Controlled Breeding Season".

Just don't tell anyone from PETA ;-)

I just can see paying $300 for one. It's been awhile but I bought some heavy duty real nice rings made from heavy square tubing from a place called Pioneer Steel in Waco and they were $120. They have held up real well would probably do even better if I painted them.

Latest posts