Hay wrap

Help Support CattleToday:

coachg

Reaction score
Posted a pic of my new cab kubota tractor. I need a suggestion of how to carry hay wrap after removing from the bales when I feed . Don't want to bring 8-10used / dirty wraps in my new tractor cab .

Here's how it works in my world, but it's a 2-person job: Mr. TC in the nice, clean, warm tractor & listening to music as he brings a couple bales (one on the spear on the back). He may honk the horn a few times at the savages trying to tear into the bale even before he's remotely close to the ring while I'm playing linebacker, trying to push them out of the way. There may be swearing. Once I finally get the netting off, completely disregarding the 5 lbs. of residual hay that somehow made it down my shirt & in essentially every orifice, I roll it up and toss it in the back of my Polaris. Bonus points for me if it's wet, muddy or has an insane amount of burrs attached to the netting (which are subsequently embedded in my hands). But by golly, that tractor is clean as a whistle!!!

If it was one or two bales I would say put the wrap in the hole on the loader frame. It's a handy little hole to store trash. Maybe an old milk crate tied off some where to hold the old wrap?

Here's how it works in my world, but it's a 2-person job: Mr. TC in the nice, clean, warm tractor & listening to music as he brings a couple bales (one on the spear on the back). He may honk the horn a few times at the savages trying to tear into the bale even before he's remotely close to the ring while I'm playing linebacker, trying to push them out of the way. There may be swearing. Once I finally get the netting off, completely disregarding the 5 lbs. of residual hay that somehow made it down my shirt & in essentially every orifice, I roll it up and toss it in the back of my Polaris. Bonus points for me if it's wet, muddy or has an insane amount of burrs attached to the netting (which are subsequently embedded in my hands). But by golly, that tractor is clean as a whistle!!!
That sounds like a plan but I'm not getting my wife to help like you . She is usually keeping one of the grands and cows aren't her cup of tea . Don't know if your husband knows it but he's a lucky man !

If it was one or two bales I would say put the wrap in the hole on the loader frame. It's a handy little hole to store trash. Maybe an old milk crate tied off some where to hold the old wrap?
Hadn't thought about a milk crate , thought about a bucket but I like the milk crate idea ! Thanks

Posted a pic of my new cab kubota tractor. I need a suggestion of how to carry hay wrap after removing from the bales when I feed . Don't want to bring 8-10used / dirty wraps in my new tractor cab .
On mine I keep a contractor bag stuck through the top link, or a 5 gallon bucket hung on there. Works great on my m-5!

You cut the net . Pull one end off enough to tie around the rack on the spear. Dump the bale and the wrap comes off and stays tied to the spear.
If you get to much on the spear drop the fel down low enough for the nets to drag the ground and it'll roll up around the front axle hubs just as tight and neat as can be.

You cut the net . Pull one end off enough to tie around the rack on the spear. Dump the bale and the wrap comes off and stays tied to the spear.
If you get to much on the spear drop the fel down low enough for the nets to drag the ground and it'll roll up around the front axle hubs just as tight and neat as can be.
You are funny ! I've done that one more times than I want to count . 😂

How many cows do you have that you are feeding 8-10 bales at a time? If you are feeding that many bales at a time you must be using a trailer of some sort to haul them. Leave the wrap on the trailer. Maybe a box of some sort to put them in.
Do you wipe your boots good and clean before getting into the cab?

Latest posts