Hay Season 2017

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
its that time again to share pics of your hay season... I need to be cutting now but too much rain...

I am pretty sure by the time I can get into the field these oats will be past the prime ... oh well beats a snowball sandwich.

IMG_20170421_074700136_zpszricnzfs.jpg

IMG_20170421_074759422_zpsju0fuzrx.jpg

Oats are looking good, we need to loose the 4 or 5 inchs of snow before we can look at seeding oats about here

Jogeephus":3ckaok9l said:
You could send me your rain.

I will trade you this weeks rain gladly for 2 weeks of rainless .

1wlimo":3ckaok9l said:
Oats are looking good, we need to loose the 4 or 5 inchs of snow before we can look at seeding oats about here

Thanks... . Wow that stinks.

Calling for 5+ inches of snow this coming week. Hopefully after that it warms up and things turn green. Hoping to get some early hay or haylage done in June this year.

Just got off the phone with by bass fishing partner/hay man he is cutting mine today.
Been too wet up until now and a crazy year. Three days of winter three months of spring, night time temperatures have just recently started staying above 60.

been too iffy on the weather to cut oats but hay ive cut and baled some already. This weathers crazy for sure supposed to be hot and sunny next week

Jealous of you guys cutting hay and having oats ready already. I haven't even planted oats yet and our grass is barely green. Night time temps got into the teens earlier this week. Hoping to have enough grass to start grazing by June this year.

O well it gives me extra time to get the mower, rake, baler, and wrapper all gone through.

A few guys have wrapped some already, but only seen a couple other fields baled so far. Looks like a good forecast starting Monday, so hopefully will be able to get some mowed down. I'd say there will be a lot of tractors in fields around here next week.

My hay is ready going to try and cut some Monday unless they change the weather next week is going to be nice. Today we are about to get washed away

skyhightree1":uxc4kba6 said:
been too iffy on the weather to cut oats but hay ive cut and baled some already. This weathers crazy for sure supposed to be hot and sunny next week
Oats are a bit more forgiving than wheat when making hay. You should be ok. Mice might get some some the heads though. The rest will just fall off. :lol2:

My trouble with oats is between the turkeys, geese, and sandhill cranes there isn't usually much left to make hay out of or run through the combine.

ended up only getting around 3 bales/ ac .. better then the bare dirt it was last year!

Looking good yall...

I sprayed nitrogen then all the rain im way behind in hay these are the jungles im faced with

IMG_20170518_193824463_zpsv6gcmhxb.jpg

IMG_20170518_193846908_zpst1o9z7kw.jpg

IMG_20170518_193939520_zpsl13xhyff.jpg

IMG_20170518_194222629_HDR_zps7zxeekn7.jpg

IMG_20170518_194559526_HDR_zpsqerkvkjx.jpg

Latest posts