Having problems getting papers on registered Angus.

Help Support CattleToday:

bobrammer

Reaction score
I paid for 2 bred registered Angus (1 with calf) a couple of months ago. Wrote the check on 23 July. He finally delivered them on 18 September after LOTS of calls, bitching etc.

My wife and I sent an e-mail to the Angus Association to see why we haven't received our registration papers. Turns out the guy hasn't submitted transfer papers yet.

Any ideas on how to put some pressure on this joker?

picket line at the end of his drive way?

If you call the association, and tell them your problem they should be able to help. I have had this problem before, and they will either call and speak to the seller, or print you a set of papers, barring you can prove that you bought the cattle.

alot depends on how fast the seller sends in the transfers.all breed assocs are slow sending you the papers.no matter how fast the transfers are sent.its always taken me 6wks or longer to get the papers on reg cattle.scott

We bought a registered Shorthorn last November & finally got her papers in March. Everyone I called blamed someone else for the delay.... I think they should have the transfer papers filled out & give them to you when you buy them so you can send them in yourself. We used to do that when we sold horses - it makes more sense for everyone.

I've been real impressed with the AAA. I bought some cattle from Travis Herring at Herring Angus and had papers in 2 weeks.
Travis runs a class outfit too.

The Am. Angus Assn. will normally have the cattle transferred and papers mailed to you in 2 weeks or less. Contact the AAA and report the problem to them. Nothing they can do if they don't know a sale has been made.

Many thanks to all. I sent an e-mail to the American Angus Association at 8:00 this morning. They had me a response by 10:30 AM. Apparently the seller is required by the Association rules to submit transfer application within 45 days of being paid in full. The Association will be contacting the seller. He has 15 days to get back with them or they temporarily suspend his
membership until the problem is resolved. You just gotta love the American Angus Association. Again, many thanks to all who responded.

When we sell one of our registered Longhorns, we fill out the transfer papers while the customer is in our office. He/she gets a photocopy of the form. After the customer's check clears the bank we send the transfer document to the Association along with the required transfer fee.

Just one more item in our "Service Before, During, and After The Sale".

Unfortunate there are breeders/people out there that are all too willing to take your money and are remiss and/or sluggish about completing the paperwork... bottom feeders???

I do the same thing that Running Arrow Bill does when I sell a registered animal. bobrammer, you should insist on getting a copy of the transfer papers in the future when you buy from someone-that's just my advice to you. If this breeder does this to everyone he probably won't have many repeat buyers. Glad to hear that you're getting it straightened out. :)

The person you bought these cows from does not seem to be too reputable. I recommend that you check the tattoos on the cattle. Make sure that the papers match. I always wonder about someone that seems not to want to transfer papers in a timely manner.

I've bought two sets of registered Herfords in the past year, and have gotten the paperwork on them in about 2 weeks each time. AHA seems to be pretty timely about things. I've asked them questions periodically by email here lately about joining and what all is required, and they usually answer me within a few hours.

As far as your problem with this particular producer, I'd go to him first and see if there is a reason for the holdup. Some people get real upset when you go over their head and try to put pressure on them. That is of course unless you never plan to do business with this person again in any way shape or form. JMO

Latest posts