Have you put in your application

Help Support CattleToday:

Anybody want to guess at what inflation will be the next 2 years?
Hyperinflation, we have a perfect storm in the making and then the recession/depression sets in. Everybody better button down the hatch ASAP. We will have a lot of mostly undesirables populated also with the welcome signs on our borders. Micro/Macro economics models are totally the opposite of what is going on right now as you have to take it slow. The BS spending right now is just sinking us farther in the hole and more toward 1929 again.

None of us know cow shyt from wild honey on this.
It's all speculation, someone in the banking industry probably has a better pulse on this. The rest of us are reading regurgitated material.
The only fact I know is it's never good when corn goes up.
Sold 32 head yesterday and they were down 10-12 cents from two weeks ago. With the corn in a hyperinflation cycle right now by fall cattle will be cheap as the cattle farmers have almost zero leverage to outside forces.

Current unemployment pays about $17 per hour.

If you can't find a calculator for your state, you might be able to estimate how much unemployment pays by figuring out what percentage of your base pay your state will match. Depending on how much money you earned before you lost your job, the weekly benefit amount you receive might be capped at the state's maximum weekly benefit. Maximum benefit amounts vary by state, but as of January 2020, Massachusetts had the highest maximum ($1,234) and Mississippi the lowest ($235). How Much Does Unemployment Pay? | Credit Karma

PANDEMIC EMERGENCY UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION (PEUC):
  • Extended unemployment benefits for a claimant who has previously exhausted their benefits.
  • Payments through September 4, 2021
  • Individuals are eligible for the same amount of unemployment insurance benefit payment from the previous weeks they received.
  • The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) program also provides an additional $300 per week for unemployment beginning after Dec. 26, 2020, and ending on or before Sept. 6, 2021.

How do you raise the minimum wage without actually raising the minimum wage? I think we are finding out.

It's all speculation
The only fact I know is it's never good when corn goes up.
My neighbor would totally disagree, he hauled 2nd semi-load of corn this morning for cash market. Corn went up a buck in 14 days and he is smiling.

Of course I'm sucking my thumb, with tears in my eyes, for having sold off the field locally last fall to save on labor, drying and storage costs.

Last edited:
Edmunds reported that 13% of new car buyers paid over the sticker price in April
(previously unheard of) and that used car trade in value is up 15% vs year ago.
I was told we could get the same price we gave for a Diesel pickup we bought new 3 yrs ago. It only has 36,000 miles on it but we still thought might be good to trade. Problem is the new one to replace it with has went up 15-20% in price....guess I'll keep it.

Everything has gotten outrageous in price these days. Called to have a fence row pushed out and dozer work is $145 an hour. Was thinking of having a shop built and price has gone from $18 psf last year to $25 psf. Builders are 6 months out too. Not sure if the rich are getting richer or people that were getting by before are making more with all the free benefits packages.

Edmunds reported that 13% of new car buyers paid over the sticker price in April
(previously unheard of) and that used car trade in value is up 15% vs year ago.
I've started seeing dealerships list new trucks on autotrader for more than msrp. Can't help but believe that's going to hurt business at some point...at least till they start auctioning them off to the highest bidder.

Latest posts