Hauling Silage with?

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":ld87oce7 said:
True Grit Farms":ld87oce7 said:
That's a nice trailer with good running gear. You don't want one like in Sky's picture, 5 lug running gear won't hold up to tonnage. The small axles and bearings can't withstand 4 or 5 tons of product much less stop it.

Mine is for loading up and taking to farms as its much easier to dump small quantities in a pasture with that than with a quad axle dump truck and not to rut it up too bad when its wet or get stuck. and is only got a payload of 5500lbs so no he wouldn't want my trailer but i was showing the sides i have not what to buy
There's a tool for every job, I was just pointing things out. That's a nice trailer you have Sky. I bought a new 21k pound boat trailer got it home and one of the 14 ply tires was flat, had a dang screw in it in less than 400 miles.

True Grit Farms":3unou8h9 said:
skyhightree1":3unou8h9 said:
True Grit Farms":3unou8h9 said:
That's a nice trailer with good running gear. You don't want one like in Sky's picture, 5 lug running gear won't hold up to tonnage. The small axles and bearings can't withstand 4 or 5 tons of product much less stop it.

Mine is for loading up and taking to farms as its much easier to dump small quantities in a pasture with that than with a quad axle dump truck and not to rut it up too bad when its wet or get stuck. and is only got a payload of 5500lbs so no he wouldn't want my trailer but i was showing the sides i have not what to buy
There's a tool for every job, I was just pointing things out. That's a nice trailer you have Sky. I bought a new 21k pound boat trailer got it home and one of the 14 ply tires was flat, had a dang screw in it in less than 400 miles.

Thanks im sick of tires there crap now.. I bought a tractor tire 2 years ago probably has less than 40 hours on it and i walked by it today the tubes coming out the side :devil2: :devil2:

skyhightree1":16eeelb2 said:
Thanks im sick of tires there crap now.. I bought a tractor tire 2 years ago probably has less than 40 hours on it and i walked by it today the tubes coming out the side :devil2: :devil2:

Truck and car tires are pretty good. I quit buying trailer tires bc sometimes they wouldn't even last a month. I put LT tires on all my trailers that I use regularly now. I try to put used ones on most of them as they spend a lot of time sitting somewhere but used 15s and 16s are about as scarce as hens teeth. Especially a 235/85/16. I snatch up every one I run across. When it comes to tractor tires Firestone is the only way to go. But they sure are proud of them.

Latest posts