Had to start watering today

Help Support CattleToday:

iowahawkeyes

Reaction score
Just finished watering the patch. We haven't had rain for a long time and I was holding off as long as I could. Not really any chance of rain for the next week either. Everything still looks good but we need a shot. :(

iowahawkeyes":1xibjm0u said:
Just finished watering the patch. We haven't had rain for a long time and I was holding off as long as I could. Not really any chance of rain for the next week either. Everything still looks good but we need a shot. :(

And wouldn't you know it............I have gotten a few rains in the past week!

Not good considering the melons are ripening and the rain lessens the sugar content!

Plus I had to throw about 20 over the fence from excessive rain making them "bust open"!

Strange how things work out.............

Hope you get some.

Our cows always love the leftovers, they come running! In the punkin patch after the season is over we'll put them in the field and they won't move from the patch until every gourd and pumpkin is gone.

got .13" today, 60% for tonight, keep your fingers crossed! It seems like it has just been missing us every time lately.

Got back last night from the Iowa State Fair. We left on Saturday. It was hotter than Sam Hill down there, but not quite as bad here. We had Reserve Champion Heifer in the Open show and Champion Hereford Steer in the 4-H show so it was an outstanding and emotional week for me. :D

Mike C, I picked 3 seedless melons and some seeded plus some cantaloupes too. They are looking really good.

I'll try and get pics of the punkins. I've never had such big ones!! All that watering helped keep them alive I guess. I have Powdery Mildew big time now since we got that 1 1/3" rain last on Aug 3.

Latest posts