What to do with giant zucchinis

Help Support CattleToday:

What Do Poblano Peppers Taste Like?

Poblano peppers are mild chile peppers, registering at 1,000 to 2,000 on the Scoville scale. For comparison, jalapeño peppers can range from 2,500 to 10,000 and tend to hover somewhere around the middle at 7,000. Poblanos are typically sold green and unripe, making them extra mild. They taste similar to a green bell pepper with a little more kick. Cooking poblanos mellows them even more, making them slightly sweet.

I find that the heat of these peppers varies. When Poblamos are higher on heat scale eating them becomes a Problemo for me. They can be found in most grocery stores near the Jalapenos and Seranos.

I heat them raw under the broiler turning to heat every side then put them in a sealed plastic container to steam. This makes the peel come off easily. Then get every darned seed and their membranes out too because they are hot as heLL, then chop them up in chilis or stews.

Um, that was put vanilla ice cream on the fake zucchini cobbler, not cheese. People at church potlucks eat it all up and can't tell. I didn't say it was apple cobbler so it wasn't a lie.

Older thread and this might have been mentioned as I didn't read the whole thread. We make crab cakes out of the big old Zucchini.

Substitute the crab meat with grated zucchini. Make sure to grate, then drain/squeeze through cheese cloth before using. Mix it all up, form into patty, pan fry in quality extra virgin olive oil.

I still have a couple of giant zuccinis from last year. They seem to keep pretty well in the cupboard and have gotten all colorful like a gourd. That latest generation I set out in the garden last week.

337826674_188658470584364_6085791355986301390_n.jpg

Sorry, wrong thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts