Gun Talk

Help Support CattleToday:

The company I worked for opened a facility in Greenville South Carolina. The crew went to a restaurant and bar combination and were asked to check their guns at the door and could pick them up when they left. Also about that time a one armed man with a bulldozer on the trailer was refused service at a cafe. He unloaded the dozer and commenced to level the place.

herofan":36i6z9e6 said:
I must say, you all must live in some rough neighborhoods. I had a discussion on another forum about cc and feeling safe. I'd say 90 percent of them said they did not carry and felt safe in their neighborhoods. Like me, they said if they felt they had to carry a gun, they would move.

Easier said than done to pick and leave everything you worked for along your family living here since the 1830's
Pretty rough neighborhood
Societal shift never would have dreamed that would come here.
Most are drug related.
This is a couple miles down the road I have hunted with these guys.
http://m.ktre.com/ktre/pm_/contentdetai ... d:WonK4bss

http://m.ktre.com/ktre/pm_/contentdetai ... d:JLlov5Kw
Other end of the road real meth den.
http://m.ktre.com/ktre/db_351373/conten ... d=Ci89YSaJ

http://m.ktre.com/ktre/pm_/contentdetai ... d:aVnYQ1a1

Slick, you took issue with my comment, but inadvertently confirmed that I am correct. If an offense occurred and was reported it would go into the uniform crime report. The fact that it was unsuccessful due to CCW, is not recorded as any statistic. Regardless most such events are never even reported to police. I had a situation that was about to be a robbery, but the guy thought I was armed and chickened out. Likewise a friend with a store was nearly robbed one night but he had a gun in his hand behind the cash register. Despite attempts to get him to move his hand into view, he never did. The 3-4 guys left and did an armed robbery 5 minutes later at a store a mile away. My friend's use of a weapon will never show up in any statistic.

Calhoun103":18536ypc said:
Slick, you took issue with my comment, but inadvertently confirmed that I am correct. If an offense occurred and was reported it would go into the uniform crime report. The fact that it was unsuccessful due to CCW, is not recorded as any statistic. Regardless most such events are never even reported to police. I had a situation that was about to be a robbery, but the guy thought I was armed and chickened out. Likewise a friend with a store was nearly robbed one night but he had a gun in his hand behind the cash register. Despite attempts to get him to move his hand into view, he never did. The 3-4 guys left and did an armed robbery 5 minutes later at a store a mile away. My friend's use of a weapon will never show up in any statistic.

I wonder how many crimes have been stopped just because a uniformed officer was in a business, lived next door, or a patrol car went by or was parked next door? A lot I presume, as that is one of the functions of patrolling..a police presence is known to reduce crime. No police report of that prevented crime will ever be made, but a lot were prevented none the less.

M-5":86cuc87k said:
We see where the coddling and be nice culture has got us by the number of threads going at the moment. The demasculinization process has been going on the last 30 yrs. It's time real men stand up and kick azz and change the culture.

Darryl, I am going to aggravate you a little more on this emasculation theory. I hope others know like you do that this is just banter but I hope it makes us think.

I think this "emasculation theory" is crap. You are blaming society for emasculating males! A real man if there is such a term, is a man by only his standards - not society's standards. You cannot be emasculated unless you want to be emasculated. There is a hypocrisy here. I often read posts that whin about the "victim" mentality, yet here you are and I have read others, whining about men being emasculated. Isn't that nothing more that complaining that you are a victim?

Bright Raven":2r29vqjo said:
M-5":2r29vqjo said:
We see where the coddling and be nice culture has got us by the number of threads going at the moment. The demasculinization process has been going on the last 30 yrs. It's time real men stand up and kick azz and change the culture.

Darryl, I am going to aggravate you a little more on this emasculation theory. I hope others know like you do that this is just banter but I hope it makes us think.

I think this "emasculation theory" is crap. You are blaming society for emasculating males! A real man if there is such a term, is a man by only his standards - not societies standards. You cannot be emasculated unless you want to be emasculated. There is a hypocrisy here. I often read posts that whin about the "victim" mentality, yet here you are and I have read others, whining about men being emasculated. Isn't that nothing more that complaining that you are a victim?

Your out of touch Ron, Men in general are controlled by 2 things Food and (kitty cats) , The owner of said kitty cat tends to make the rules. Look at Our mothers and grand mothers in how they Revered the Head of household. Fast forward 30 years and How many men are not the primary bread winner , look at the number of men that stay at home and take care of the kids , turn on lifetime any day of the week and there is a sappy love story where the man is the perfect match. all of this plays a role in society and how women view it. The broken family is also part of this equation where women have had to become the mom and dad in most households so they are more assertive and make decisions in a masculine way. Ask any below 30 female and she will tell you she does not need a man . todays man is a wimp , cant change his oil, wife controls the check book because he didn't value his role as being the protector and bread winner. I don't feel sorry for the victims because they let it happen. one more thing , Look at the millennial men wearing beards and wearing flannel , The younger women told them that's what appeals to them in men , These men couldn't hardly pick up an axe. Also look at men in there 40 and 50's and im sure you have heard the term "married up" . The trend for these sensible beautiful women let go of the stereotypical pretty boy dream and decided they were more comfortable and safer with a burly man and a provider and protector that have not been emasculated. I'm pretty sure there is even a song about city girls wanting country boys the sad part is there is not enough of these real men around to right the ship.

M-5":2k7dbien said:
Bright Raven":2k7dbien said:
M-5":2k7dbien said:

I think this "emasculation theory" is crap. You are blaming society for emasculating males! A real man if there is such a term, is a man by only his standards - not societies standards. You cannot be emasculated unless you want to be emasculated. There is a hypocrisy here. I often read posts that whin about the "victim" mentality, yet here you are and I have read others, whining about men being emasculated. Isn't that nothing more that complaining that you are a victim?

Your out of touch Ron, Men in general are controlled by 2 things Food and (kitty cats) , The owner of said kitty cat tends to make the rules. Look at Our mothers and grand mothers in how they Revered the Head of household. Fast forward 30 years and How many men are not the primary bread winner , look at the number of men that stay at home and take care of the kids , turn on lifetime any day of the week and there is a sappy love story where the man is the perfect match. all of this plays a role in society and how women view it. The broken family is also part of this equation where women have had to become the mom and dad in most households so they are more assertive and make decisions in a masculine way. Ask any below 30 female and she will tell you she does not need a man . todays man is a wimp , cant change his oil, wife controls the check book because he didn't value his role as being the protector and bread winner. I don't feel sorry for the victims because they let it happen. one more thing , Look at the millennial men wearing beards and wearing flannel , The younger women told them that's what appeals to them in men , These men couldn't hardly pick up an axe. Also look at men in there 40 and 50's and im sure you have heard the term "married up" . The trend for these sensible beautiful women let go of the stereotypical pretty boy dream and decided they were more comfortable and safer with a burly man and a provider and protector that have not been emasculated. I'm pretty sure there is even a song about city girls wanting country boys the sad part is there is not enough of these real men around to right the ship.

That is the evolution of culture. I will not dispute those facts. We are not the same culture that lived in caves and chewed raw meat off the the bone either. Because I use a knife and fork does that make me a lessor man?

Culture is going to change. Some good food for thought. Your response is good. Thanks.

Bright Raven":pjxbm2ic said:
M-5":pjxbm2ic said:
Bright Raven":pjxbm2ic said:

That is the evolution of culture. I will not dispute those facts. We are not the same culture that lived in caves and chewed raw meat off the the bone either. Because I use a knife and fork does that make me a lessor man?

Culture is going to change. Some good food for thought. Your response is good. Thanks.

several thousand years has not changed this for me .

M-5":3l4i4w03 said:
Bright Raven":3l4i4w03 said:
M-5":3l4i4w03 said:

So you admit you haven't evolved? It's good that you are at peace with your inner neanderthal.

jehosofat":d3m44c9a said:
Bright Raven":d3m44c9a said:
Kenny, there was a bar in Hazard in 1975 that had a notorious reputation of being the last place a number of missing persons were last seen.  As I remember, they were seen leaving but no one ever knew what happened to them after that.

I doubt you were really there.

Correct. I was never there when anyone went missing but the stories of the events that led up to the missing persons were often in the paper. I never even saw a fight the few times I was there.

TennesseeTuxedo":2wtb2vkl said:
M-5":2wtb2vkl said:
Bright Raven":2wtb2vkl said:

So you admit you haven't evolved? It's good that you are at peace with your inner neanderthal.

Try again big boy !!!

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencen ... story.html

M-5":3p0shp1l said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3p0shp1l said:
M-5":3p0shp1l said:

Try again big boy !!!

Boys, this is in my lifetime interest. I love human evolution. Homo sapiens neanderthalensis had a higher cephalic index than modern man.

The cephalic index or cranial index is the ratio of the maximum width (bipareital diameter or BPD, side to side) of the head of an organism (human or animal) multiplied by 100 divided by its maximum length (occipitofrontal diameter or OFD, front to back).

Bright Raven":gw0nu2on said:
M-5":gw0nu2on said:
TennesseeTuxedo":gw0nu2on said:

Try again big boy !!!

Boys, this is in my lifetime interest. I love human evolution. Homo sapiens neanderthalensis had a higher cephalic index than modern man.

The cephalic index or cranial index is the ratio of the maximum width (bipareital diameter or BPD, side to side) of the head of an organism (human or animal) multiplied by 100 divided by its maximum length (occipitofrontal diameter or OFD, front to back).

Not fair Ron, You deleted you interpretation of me before I could post yours

images

M-5":10qstyfa said:
Bright Raven":10qstyfa said:
M-5":10qstyfa said:

Not fair Ron, You deleted you interpretation of me before I could post yours

images

I think the mod did. It was only an Anthropologist recreation of what a Neanderthal would look like.

M-5":2jdc22wa said:
MOD , I was not Offended , Actually I was flattered that he thinks im that sexy still .

The first hominids are generally thought to have evolved on the continent of Africa. Thus, Anthropologist paint early recreations of Neanderthals as "black". I speculate that the MOD may have thought there was some racial under current to that picture of a Neanderthal and that I was intending it as an insult.

I can see why you were flattered. That guy was cool.

Calhoun103":3e4c27av said:
snip...
Another factor is the use of weapons to stop a crime/assault but shots are not fired. Where do you think these numbers are going to be captured??? Let's say you are involved in such a situation and you call the police afterward, do you really think they keep records/statistics of crimes NOT committed??? (Because the fact you were armed thwarted it.). Of course they don't.

Perhaps there's a little confusion. In the above quote you say there's an attempted crime that was reported but it's not tabulated anywhere since it was thwarted by an armed person. My answer is yes it is because it was reported. Last I saw the UCR had advanced and had codes for just about anything in any situation.

Calhoun103":3e4c27av said:
Slick, you took issue with my comment, but inadvertently confirmed that I am correct. If an offense occurred and was reported it would go into the uniform crime report. I agree. The fact that it was unsuccessful due to CCW, is not recorded as any statistic. If it was reported as an attempted criminal offense it is. Regardless most such events are never even reported to police. I had a situation that was about to be a robbery, but the guy thought I was armed and chickened out. Likewise a friend with a store was nearly robbed one night but he had a gun in his hand behind the cash register. Despite attempts to get him to move his hand into view, he never did. The 3-4 guys left and did an armed robbery 5 minutes later at a store a mile away. My friend's use of a weapon will never show up in any statistic.

Sorry to hack your above quote up, but I felt it necessary. After my remarks written in red you are giving a scenario where there's been no crime committed since you didn't explain what words or acts these guys did to constitute a crime. Apparently, there were not reported to the police either.

Latest posts