Gun Talk

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":39sdelo0 said:
Son of Butch":39sdelo0 said:
Yes perception (real or imagined) become their reality. Sad what some do to themselves.
I've known some that just couldn't be happy unless they had something to worry about.
The lucky ones fixate on a small problem rather than a dangerous one.

Butch, it breaks my heart to see my fellow CT Users throwing away their precious time in fear. Would you be willing to join me and maybe a few of the other more secure Users in an effort to help some of these folks? We could start a movement called "Security is only a Smile Away". Help these guys find their masculinity. Are you with me, Butch? I know there are others here who might be willing to volunteer.

I find feminine men are not a threat so you and Butch are probably safer not carrying.

M-5":3p4hkn0i said:
Bright Raven":3p4hkn0i said:
Son of Butch":3p4hkn0i said:
Yes perception (real or imagined) become their reality. Sad what some do to themselves.
I've known some that just couldn't be happy unless they had something to worry about.
The lucky ones fixate on a small problem rather than a dangerous one.

Butch, it breaks my heart to see my fellow CT Users throwing away their precious time in fear. Would you be willing to join me and maybe a few of the other more secure Users in an effort to help some of these folks? We could start a movement called "Security is only a Smile Away". Help these guys find their masculinity. Are you with me, Butch? I know there are others here who might be willing to volunteer.

I find feminine men are not a threat so you and Butch are probably safer not carrying.

Lol.

That is your first positive step toward finding your masculinity. It was your courageous confession that got this worthwhile movement started. We considered calling it "The Dash to recovering Masculinity".

wbvs58":1no73j0y said:
BR, Ron, I think you have made a pretty fair statement of how you feel. I am interested to here how other people feel, not them trying to change your ways but how they go about their business with CC.

I am only looking as an outsider obviously but with all the people in the US that have a licence for CC, how come we don't hear of more incidents where these horrific events are snuffed out by a responsible citizen before much damage is done?

Ken

Hey Ken, I think it is because like other things, the appearance of how many people carry is greatly inflated. I expect you would hear something similar if I got off the plane. My first question would be where are all the kangaroos.

Bright Raven":1soku4rl said:
Ryder":1soku4rl said:
Bright Raven":1soku4rl said:
Change the name to "Security is Only a .357 Away" and I might be interested in joining up.

Thank you for your willingness to seek help. Before we can help you, you need to answer one question: Do you feel emasculated? If your response is YES. You are eligible for help. If it is NO, we would like you to volunteer to help the other Users who feel emasculated.

:cboy:
Raven I kind of think you have misconstrued my words and intent. :roll:
I will say no more in the interest of peace and harmony. :tiphat:

True Grit Farms":3b17ktc4 said:
Caustic Burno":3b17ktc4 said:
Brute 23":3b17ktc4 said:
My theory is if I feel I need to carry a gun to go to a certain place I just don't go for the most part. Thats easier for me living in rural America.

If I find myself having to go some where that I fear for my life I carry any ways and dont worry about the rules.

The main time I carry is when I'm out and about at night on ranches or in really remote areas. My biggest concerns is illegals or being broke down on the side of the road... that kind of stuff. I'm not really trying to be on the news for stopping a convienent store robbery with my gun.

Meth heads here are the problem.
Neighbors mother watches his daughter, he dropped her off at grandmas at 7 am. At 7:30 grandma and the little girl went back to the house to get something she forgot. The meth heads had already stripped him clean. The possessions no big deal that's covered by insurance. The scary part was had she drove in on them in the act.
I have told the Mrs if she drives up on something at the house floor it to the neighbors.

This is an epidemic in this part of the world that we have lost a huge hunk
of a generation to.

CB, we live a long way off the road and my wife isn't planning on retreating. I'm waiting at Kroger in Dublin for her to finish shopping as we speak. I'm not worried if someone is at the house when we get home.

If you had my guns you better worry they got it the house, cause that 9 mm you are toting is seriously outgunned.

Caustic Burno":34ckcqgt said:
True Grit Farms":34ckcqgt said:
Caustic Burno":34ckcqgt said:
Neighbors mother watches his daughter, he dropped her off at grandmas at 7 am. At 7:30 grandma and the little girl went back to the house to get something she forgot. The meth heads had already stripped him clean. The possessions no big deal that's covered by insurance. The scary part was had she drove in on them in the act.
I have told the Mrs if she drives up on something at the house floor it to the neighbors.

of a generation to.

CB, we live a long way off the road and my wife isn't planning on retreating. I'm waiting at Kroger in Dublin for her to finish shopping as we speak. I'm not worried if someone is at the house when we get home.

If you had my guns you better worry they got it the house, cause that 9 mm you are toting is seriously outgunned.
CB, do you not notice the short barrel shotgun beside his drivers seat.
Part of CC is being observant.

kenny thomas":234ifxvr said:
Bright Raven, so your telling me you never carried when working eastern Ky.
Your a lucky man.

I was not authorized in my official capacity. When we needed support, we requested US Marshall Service out of Catlettsburg.

I did carry off duty. I bought a S& W Airweight Bodyguard in Hazard. Hatfield Gun Shop. Biggest gun dealer in Hazard at the time. But I will confess, you cannot win that game in Hazard/Harlan. You might get the guy in front of you, but then you got to kill his whole family or move to Morocco.

That shotgun can't compete with the 223 at the front or back door.
I know the crooks are armed if they break in the house. Heck the 44 lever gun hanging on the wall with 10 in has that shotgun outgunned.

Kenny, there was a bar in Hazard in 1975 that had a notorious reputation of being the last place a number of missing persons were last seen.  As I remember, they were seen leaving but no one ever knew what happened to them after that.

I use to go in there.  There would be miners who just got off shift.  Sitting at the bar in mine clothes.   Some with coal dust still all over their faces.

Calhoun103":3l925ut8 said:
I don't normally post on this forum but I want to make a quick point or two. First, CCW has stopped a lot of crimes including mass shootings and school shootings. This is documented even within mainstream media, but reports were very brief and then buried deep - never to be mention again. Another factor is the use of weapons to stop a crime/assault but shots are not fired. Where do you think these numbers are going to be captured??? Let's say you are involved in such a situation and you call the police afterward, do you really think they keep records/statistics of crimes NOT committed??? (Because the fact you were armed thwarted it.). Of course they don't.

I'm late to this thread and I hate to be the guy that takes issue, but I can't help but respond to the bold typed part. Everything is documented when there's a call for service. If there's an attempted offense committed there's an offense report generated and all that is recorded down the line. There's a Uniform Crime Report generated with all the details and assuming the info was coded correctly the numbers are counted at the federal level.

Bright Raven":w55vbhvy said:
Kenny, there was a bar in Hazard in 1975 that had a notorious reputation of being the last place a number of missing persons were last seen.  As I remember, they were seen leaving but no one ever knew what happened to them after that.

I use to go in there.  There would be miners who just got off shift.  Sitting at the bar in mine clothes.   Some with coal dust still all over their faces.
Again, your a very lucky man. Not very smart doing that though.

Caustic Burno":rku36a3a said:
True Grit Farms":rku36a3a said:
Caustic Burno":rku36a3a said:

of a generation to.

If you had my guns you better worry they got it the house, cause that 9 mm you are toting is seriously outgunned.[/quote

Rule number one, all guns are locked up tight whenever no one is at the house. I guess you missed my wife's pistol grip shotgun stuck between the seat and floor of her car.

Caustic Burno":31y3anfn said:
I know the crooks are armed if they break in the house. Heck the 44 lever gun hanging on the wall with 10 in has that shotgun outgunned.

Anyone who leaves their home unattended and doesn't put all their guns in a safe shouldn't own guns.

True Grit Farms":22nrgacs said:
Caustic Burno":22nrgacs said:
True Grit Farms":22nrgacs said:

If you had my guns you better worry they got it the house, cause that 9 mm you are toting is seriously outgunned.[/quote

Rule number one, all guns are locked up tight whenever no one is at the house. I guess you missed my wife's pistol grip shotgun stuck between the seat and floor of her car.

No I didn't Your still outgunned beats a pistol.
Firearms do you no good locked up.
Guns weren't unattended they are in a locked house.
How is that different from that locked car when you go in Kroger or do you tote the shotgun just in case.

So by your rational if you ever leave your locked vehicle with a firearm you shouldn't own one.

What is even scarier is some nut snapping photos of his firepower in a Kroger parking lot.
And you wonder why the libs are going to win the battle.

True Grit Farms":1mtvup20 said:
Caustic Burno":1mtvup20 said:

Anyone who leaves their home unattended and doesn't put all their guns in a safe shouldn't own guns.

This is from the guy that was going to shoot the bank guard for watching the weird acting dude in the parking lot.

I must say, you all must live in some rough neighborhoods. I had a discussion on another forum about cc and feeling safe. I'd say 90 percent of them said they did not carry and felt safe in their neighborhoods. Like me, they said if they felt they had to carry a gun, they would move.

Caustic Burno":i9y8xt3o said:
True Grit Farms":i9y8xt3o said:

No I didn't Your still outgunned beats a pistol.
Firearms do you no good locked up.

My guns in a criminals hands is my biggest fear about owning guns. If I can get into the trunk, I don't believe I'm out gunned.

herofan":2ae63civ said:
I must say, you all must live in some rough neighborhoods. I had a discussion on another forum about cc and feeling safe. I'd say 90 percent of them said they did not carry and felt safe in their neighborhoods. Like me, they said if they felt they had to carry a gun, they would move.

What can I say you live in a great neighborhood. There's very few places that have no crime, and fewer places where no criminals ever drive by. My neighbors killed that elderly couple looking to buy a Mustang a few years back in Telfair county. And another neighbor killed a couple of drug dealers trying to rip them off in Wheeler county. I never had a problem with either one of them. The fact is you just never know what's going to happen, and as long as it doesn't happen to you it's no big deal.

Bright Raven":26s764e4 said:

I doubt you were really there.

Latest posts