Gun Talk

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest":103lwf2x said:
TennesseeTuxedo":103lwf2x said:
Craig Miller":103lwf2x said:
I've seen them say "You want to arm me but I can't even control my room thermostat" and "You want to pay for arms training but we can't afford paper" and lots of other things. Google armed teacher memes and you see a lot of feedback from teachers types.

Are teacher and "teacher types" one in the same?
No, teachers have information to pass down with techniques to maximize student potential. Teacher types just offer opinions with no real world application, nor an fact based research to back up opinions.

Teachers are tremendous assets, they don't need to act as security guards as well. Now if they choose to carry that's something that needs to be discussed.

greybeard":3rvucpd6 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3rvucpd6 said:
True Grit Farms":3rvucpd6 said:
TT, is smarter than that I hope, he's just busting my chops.

According to the stats SOB produced earlier Ina this thread the homocide rate has declined since the passage of NAFTA so you and the Grey one need a new scapegoat.
I don't remember mentioning homicide rates in reference to NAFTA.
(and I'm not sure what 'homocide' is anyway..is that a Kentucky term?)

Lol,

No clue, not from Kentucky. Might be a simple typo.

NAFTA has zero to do with feeling the need to carry a gun to feel safe in public places. That's a simple function of insecurity.

TennesseeTuxedo":jnd8rje2 said:
Craig Miller":jnd8rje2 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":jnd8rje2 said:
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Teacher if I agree with their message and "teacher type" if it challenges my world view. Got it.

It's kinda like on here where there's cattleman and cattleman types. The cattleman give advice when they can and the cattleman type just shoot off one liners

What do the oil types do?

Thats easy. We tell you what to think about oil prices

Craig Miller":3pfc56ti said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3pfc56ti said:
Craig Miller":3pfc56ti said:
It's kinda like on here where there's cattleman and cattleman types. The cattleman give advice when they can and the cattleman type just shoot off one liners

I think oil is trading in a nice range right now, enough margin to keep our domestic producers healthy and low enough to keep OPEC as honest as possible. I have no complaints about oil prices.

TennesseeTuxedo":1o4w9nre said:
Craig Miller":1o4w9nre said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1o4w9nre said:

I think oil is trading in a nice range right now, enough margin to keep our domestic producers healthy and low enough to keep OPEC as honest as possible. I have no complaints about oil prices.

So you already know how to be an oil type. I can live with the current price. My view of it pretty well lines up with yours. Everybody seems happy at this price.

TennesseeTuxedo":2e3o75fo said:
Teachers are tremendous assets, they don't need to act as security guards as well. Now if they choose to carry that's something that needs to be discussed.

I taught, and my parents taught. I've seen the good, bad, and the ugly. Some are worthy of national treasure status and others are almost treasonous. After 9/11 I had a college professor who was almost giddy to give the international propaganda articles he found about how we deserved it. I agree we shouldn't force CC on unwanting subjects, they'll be useless. However, we shouldn't hinder those that want to provide protection for our kids.

My theory is if I feel I need to carry a gun to go to a certain place I just don't go for the most part. Thats easier for me living in rural America.

If I find myself having to go some where that I fear for my life I carry any ways and dont worry about the rules.

The main time I carry is when I'm out and about at night on ranches or in really remote areas. My biggest concerns is illegals or being broke down on the side of the road... that kind of stuff. I'm not really trying to be on the news for stopping a convienent store robbery with my gun.

From a Freud summary: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional security."

Anyone care to speculate on what Freud would say regarding an insecure need to conceal and carry a hand gun?
:)

Ryder":2e67ld3o said:
snoopdog":2e67ld3o said:
Bright Raven":2e67ld3o said:
Yep. Your mind is always your best defense.

On being proactive, I think you mean "preparation". Not pulling first and shooting a target "you think" might be a threat. Or "feeling uncomfortable" or "unsafe" and shooting a "soft" target.
Actually BR, What I meant was more along the lines of keeping yourself out of potential situations , or away from known problem areas .
I would guess that those who 'carry' are also those who are most 'situational aware'.
I fail to see how one mind set precludes the other.
I see lots of people who have a false sense of security. Without practicing self defense as a whole and only concentrating on the firearm aspect , you put yourself at a disadvantage .

Son of Butch":1zsztwak said:
From a Freud summary: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional security."

Anyone care to speculate on what Freud would say regarding an insecure need to conceal and carry a hand gun?
:)

I know you are joking but insecurity has a very sober side . The need to conceal and carry a hand gun may be due to the emasculation of males over the last 30 years.

M5 stated:

The demasculinization process has been going on the last 30 yrs. It's time real men stand up and kick azz and change the culture.

It could be that CC fills the need for some males to express their male role that society has deprived them of. Butch, those of us that don't feel that insecurity need to be more tolerant of those who suffer this awful malady.

Yes perception (real or imagined) become their reality. Sad what some do to themselves.
I've known some that just couldn't be happy unless they had something to worry about.
The lucky ones fixate on a small problem rather than a dangerous one.

Son of Butch":d8ue0ubg said:
Yes perception (real or imagined) become their reality. Sad what some do to themselves.
I've known some that just couldn't be happy unless they had something to worry about.

Butch, it breaks my heart to see my fellow CT Users throwing away their precious time in fear. Would you be willing to join me and maybe a few of the other more secure Users in an effort to help some of these folks? We could start a movement called "Security is only a Smile Away". Help these guys find their masculinity. Are you with me, Butch? I know there are others here who might be willing to volunteer.

Bright Raven":jr82rrgy said:
Son of Butch":jr82rrgy said:

Butch, it breaks my heart to see my fellow CT Users throwing away their precious time in fear. Would you be willing to join me and maybe a few of the other more secure Users in an effort to help some of these folks? We could start a movement called "Security is only a Smile Away". Help these guys find their masculinity. Are you with me, Butch? I know there are others here who might be willing to volunteer.

After reading that I may start carrying myself.

Brute 23":12ir0osv said:
My theory is if I feel I need to carry a gun to go to a certain place I just don't go for the most part. Thats easier for me living in rural America.

If I find myself having to go some where that I fear for my life I carry any ways and dont worry about the rules.

The main time I carry is when I'm out and about at night on ranches or in really remote areas. My biggest concerns is illegals or being broke down on the side of the road... that kind of stuff. I'm not really trying to be on the news for stopping a convienent store robbery with my gun.

Meth heads here are the problem.
Neighbors mother watches his daughter, he dropped her off at grandmas at 7 am. At 7:30 grandma and the little girl went back to the house to get something she forgot. The meth heads had already stripped him clean. The possessions no big deal that's covered by insurance. The scary part was had she drove in on them in the act.
I have told the Mrs if she drives up on something at the house floor it to the neighbors.

This is an epidemic in this part of the world that we have lost a huge hunk
of a generation to.

Caustic Burno":1bx2elfi said:
Brute 23":1bx2elfi said:

Neighbors mother watches his daughter, he dropped her off at grandmas at 7 am. At 7:30 grandma and the little girl went back to the house to get something she forgot. The meth heads had already stripped him clean. The possessions no big deal that's covered by insurance. The scary part was had she drove in on them in the act.
I have told the Mrs if she drives up on something at the house floor it to the neighbors.

of a generation to.

CB, we live a long way off the road and my wife isn't planning on retreating. I'm waiting at Kroger in Dublin for her to finish shopping as we speak. I'm not worried if someone is at the house when we get home.

Caustic Burno":2pt7fq3t said:
Brute 23":2pt7fq3t said:

of a generation to.

I don't blame you one bit. That is every where now. Its very tough when you are in a secluded around where the neighbors cant hear you.

My deal is I know what happens when people start pulling guns. IMO, if I have gotten to that point... I have lost 90% of the battle already. A lot of people have a false sense of security because they have a gun.

Bright Raven":sowklizl said:
Son of Butch":sowklizl said:

Change the name to "Security is Only a .357 Away" and I might be interested in joining up.

greybeard":3aka5l7b said:
I take this with a grain of salt considering I've never been to Israel or even heard of this particular website.

https://www.westernjournal.com/israel-2 ... kids-safe/

countered by..
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/israel-rej ... ols-claim/
Been there a few times but never even saw a school, let alone armed guards but could be true. I do know there are Israeli security forces (well armed male an female) standing around just about anywhere you look and I always got the impression the 2nd or 3rd shot would be the warning shot.

Ryder":1toda5tm said:
Bright Raven":1toda5tm said:
Son of Butch":1toda5tm said:

Change the name to "Security is Only a .357 Away" and I might be interested in joining up.

Thank you for your willingness to seek help. Before we can help you, you need to answer one question: Do you feel emasculated? If your response is YES. You are eligible for help. If it is NO, we would like you to volunteer to help the other Users who feel emasculated.

:cboy:

Latest posts