Gun Talk

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":3ju8ce9h said:
True Grit Farms":3ju8ce9h said:
wbvs58":3ju8ce9h said:
I think if tighter gun laws were to be brought into the US it would be very messy and unlikely to have any effect on shootings, crime and terrorism. When Australia brought in our gun legislation there was not the widespread gun ownership that occurs in the US, handguns and automatic weapons were more difficult to own even before the new legislation. It mostly tidied up the old hand me down guns that were lying in the bottom of cupboards and never saw the light of day, people took the opportunity of the amnesty to hand them in. Those of us that wanted to keep our guns had to go through the licence process and meet the requirements of gun storage.

I think with your widespread gun ownership and the unlimited types of firearms it would take many decades of tighter control to bring the availability of firearms down where it would make any significant impact on these shootings.

Ken
q

Australia doesn't have open borders or NAFTA.

What the he!! Does NAFTA have to do with anything?
Crime.
I guess lots of folks not near the border don't understand all the intricacies of NAFTA upsides and downsides.
Drop the following line into Google and let us know what you see..

Smuggling via NAFTA

greybeard":yyxqoeaj said:
TennesseeTuxedo":yyxqoeaj said:
True Grit Farms":yyxqoeaj said:
q

Crime.
I guess lots of folks not near the border don't understand all the intricacies of NAFTA upsides and downsides.

Smuggling via NAFTA

TT, is smarter than that I hope, he's just busting my chops.

Have any of you seen any campaigns with teachers holding books that say "I'm already armed?" That is the extent of their willing to do anything, which as a parent scares the heck out of me.

Bestoutwest":13nc3exg said:
Have any of you seen any campaigns with teachers holding books that say "I'm already armed?" That is the extent of their willing to do anything, which as a parent scares the heck out of me.
Academics are still ignorant most of the time. They think they can justify their knowledge as an excuse. Ive seen rocks have more intelligence.

snoopdog":tkqidwwe said:
Bright Raven":tkqidwwe said:
snoopdog":tkqidwwe said:
If you're serious about self defense , best to be proactive not reactive .

Yep. Your mind is always your best defense.

On being proactive, I think you mean "preparation". Not pulling first and shooting a target "you think" might be a threat. Or "feeling uncomfortable" or "unsafe" and shooting a "soft" target.
Actually BR, What I meant was more along the lines of keeping yourself out of potential situations , or away from known problem areas .
I would guess that those who 'carry' are also those who are most 'situational aware'.
I fail to see how one mind set precludes the other.

True Grit Farms":4zh4taxf said:
wbvs58":4zh4taxf said:
I think if tighter gun laws were to be brought into the US it would be very messy and unlikely to have any effect on shootings, crime and terrorism. When Australia brought in our gun legislation there was not the widespread gun ownership that occurs in the US, handguns and automatic weapons were more difficult to own even before the new legislation. It mostly tidied up the old hand me down guns that were lying in the bottom of cupboards and never saw the light of day, people took the opportunity of the amnesty to hand them in. Those of us that wanted to keep our guns had to go through the licence process and meet the requirements of gun storage.

I think with your widespread gun ownership and the unlimited types of firearms it would take many decades of tighter control to bring the availability of firearms down where it would make any significant impact on these shootings.

Ken
q

Only borders they have is the ocean. Grit do you really go to dinner with three (3) concealed weapons?? I can't even imagine being that insecure.

I don't normally post on this forum but I want to make a quick point or two. First, CCW has stopped a lot of crimes including mass shootings and school shootings. This is documented even within mainstream media, but reports were very brief and then buried deep - never to be mention again. Another factor is the use of weapons to stop a crime/assault but shots are not fired. Where do you think these numbers are going to be captured??? Let's say you are involved in such a situation and you call the police afterward, do you really think they keep records/statistics of crimes NOT committed??? (Because the fact you were armed thwarted it.). Of course they don't.

TennesseeTuxedo":3lxb1hp3 said:
True Grit Farms":3lxb1hp3 said:
wbvs58":3lxb1hp3 said:

Ken
q

Avocados look like hand grenades. Especially on a truck from Mexico. :lol: :lol:

Calhoun103":yvaw34vl said:
I don't normally post on this forum but I want to make a quick point or two. First, CCW has stopped a lot of crimes including mass shootings and school shootings. This is documented even within mainstream media, but reports were very brief and then buried deep - never to be mention again. Another factor is the use of weapons to stop a crime/assault but shots are not fired. Where do you think these numbers are going to be captured??? Let's say you are involved in such a situation and you call the police afterward, do you really think they keep records/statistics of crimes NOT committed??? (Because the fact you were armed thwarted it.). Of course they don't.
Good post Calhoun. :clap:

TexasBred":3hzj5yde said:
True Grit Farms":3hzj5yde said:
wbvs58":3hzj5yde said:

Ken
q

Only borders they have is the ocean. Grit do you really go to dinner with three (3) concealed weapons?? I can't even imagine being that insecure.

TB, if it's cool enough to wear an outer garment I always carry 2 pistols. I carry a pocket pistol everywhere 24/7, my thinking with that is something is better than nothing. But I prefer my Glock 23, IMO it's the best CC pistol ever made, not to big, not to small and plenty of fire power. I hate looking like a bum and not having my shirt tucked in when I go in public, so that kind of limits my CC options in warm weather.
I honestly don't feel insecure at all, I feel very content when I CC. I do feel a little insecure when I see someone walking around with a gun in public places. But otherwise guns are good, and bad guys are bad.

Bestoutwest":1upapym1 said:

I've seen them say "You want to arm me but I can't even control my room thermostat" and "You want to pay for arms training but we can't afford paper" and lots of other things. Google armed teacher memes and you see a lot of feedback from teachers types.

True Grit Farms":ok32vcj7 said:
greybeard":ok32vcj7 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":ok32vcj7 said:
Crime.

Smuggling via NAFTA

According to the stats SOB produced earlier Ina this thread the homocide rate has declined since the passage of NAFTA so you and the Grey one need a new scapegoat.

Craig Miller":3gfvtzvy said:
Bestoutwest":3gfvtzvy said:

I've seen them say "You want to arm me but I can't even control my room thermostat" and "You want to pay for arms training but we can't afford paper" and lots of other things. Google armed teacher memes and you see a lot of feedback from teachers types.

Are teacher and "teacher types" one in the same?

TennesseeTuxedo":20x1v0ox said:
Craig Miller":20x1v0ox said:
Bestoutwest":20x1v0ox said:

No there's teachers and then there's teacher types. You can tell the difference cause ones teachers and the other ain't. They just like to tell other people what to think. Also known as "main stream media" or "fake news"

Craig Miller":26wvsicj said:
TennesseeTuxedo":26wvsicj said:
Craig Miller":26wvsicj said:

No there's teachers and then there's teacher types. You can tell the difference cause ones teachers and the other ain't. They just like to tell other people what to think. Also known as "main stream media" or "fake news"

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Teacher if I agree with their message and "teacher type" if it challenges my world view. Got it.

TennesseeTuxedo":3b6nesxa said:
True Grit Farms":3b6nesxa said:
greybeard":3b6nesxa said:
Crime.

Smuggling via NAFTA

According to the stats SOB produced earlier Ina this thread the homocide rate has declined since the passage of NAFTA so you and the Grey one need a new scapegoat.
I don't remember mentioning homicide rates in reference to NAFTA.
(and I'm not sure what 'homocide' is anyway..is that a Kentucky term?)

greybeard":1x0z62c3 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1x0z62c3 said:
True Grit Farms":1x0z62c3 said:

I don't remember mentioning homicide rates in reference to NAFTA.
(and I'm not sure what 'homocide' is anyway..is that a Kentucky term?)
Must be something the men do in a mine shaft

TennesseeTuxedo":vu7m8nk3 said:
Craig Miller":vu7m8nk3 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":vu7m8nk3 said:

Teacher if I agree with their message and "teacher type" if it challenges my world view. Got it.

It's kinda like on here where there's cattleman and cattleman types. The cattleman give advice when they can and the cattleman type just shoot off one liners

TennesseeTuxedo":11n0yt0b said:
Craig Miller":11n0yt0b said:
Bestoutwest":11n0yt0b said:

No, teachers have information to pass down with techniques to maximize student potential. Teacher types just offer opinions with no real world application, nor an fact based research to back up opinions.

Craig Miller":2vvograf said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2vvograf said:
Craig Miller":2vvograf said:

It's kinda like on here where there's cattleman and cattleman types. The cattleman give advice when they can and the cattleman type just shoot off one liners

What do the oil types do?

Latest posts