Gun Talk

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":1xke03u2 said:
True Grit Farms":1xke03u2 said:
kenny thomas":1xke03u2 said:
Im glad some of you feel you don't need to carry. Like someone else posted, if I gave clothes on there is at least one in a pocket. True Grit, wonder how many was carried in the crowd at Louisville last week. I know of at least 1.
Raven, I shaked your current governor's hand while carrying one in the other hand, one in my back pocket and one in the small of my back. He promised to protect my rights to carry them.
Am I scared, no I'm careful.

Someone had 25 rounds of 9mm and 8 rounds of 380. And another had 10 rounds of 38 special. I definitely felt safe and content eating ice cream, BSing and looking at all the pretty ladies.

I carry why the need for so much ammo?
With that much ammo where you getting your Blue Bell Iraq?
Why not, I'm not planning on going swimming. Odds are nothing is ever going to happen. But I'd sure hate to get caught in a riot and only have 12+1. A pistol without bullets, doesn't even make a good club.

wbvs58":2kwty5n3 said:
BR, Ron, I think you have made a pretty fair statement of how you feel. I am interested to here how other people feel, not them trying to change your ways but how they go about their business with CC.

I am only looking as an outsider obviously but with all the people in the US that have a licence for CC, how come we don't hear of more incidents where these horrific events are snuffed out by a responsible citizen before much damage is done?

Ken
I think it's because it doesn't draw the ratings

True Grit Farms":1mbpwogr said:
I play John Wayne and Matt Dillon in the front yard on a regular basis. A single action revolver is my favorite gun to shoot and practice with. I'd never carry a self-defense pistol where someone could see it, that kind of defies all logic. Whenever I have clothes on I have a gun in my pocket. When I go to town I always have at least two pistols on me somewhere. Raven you can joke and kid around all you want about me being scared. But not long ago a drunk at the Mexican restaurant put his hands on my daughter, I had a 9 mm in the small of my back and 380 in my pocket, but a right to the temple curred that threat instantly. I pray that I'll never need a gun for self-defense, but I feel like a fool without one in my pocket.

That's my small carry pistol sitting on top of my phone, 8 rounds of rapid fire to the head is very doable at 15'. I've run 500+ rounds through that pea shooter and haven't had the first malfunction.

Gee, that is an interesting little gun Grit, sort of looks like a camera.

Ken

M.Magis":24pu0ngg said:
wbvs58":24pu0ngg said:
I am only looking as an outsider obviously but with all the people in the US that have a licence for CC, how come we don't hear of more incidents where these horrific events are snuffed out by a responsible citizen before much damage is done?

Ken
They don't make the news, but it happens all the time. Most aren't out for mass shootings, though the guy that went shooting into the church a while back was stopped by a guy that shot him.

Didn't he go home to get his gun?

Ken

True Grit Farms":34c44shf said:
kenny thomas":34c44shf said:
Im glad some of you feel you don't need to carry. Like someone else posted, if I gave clothes on there is at least one in a pocket. True Grit, wonder how many was carried in the crowd at Louisville last week. I know of at least 1.
Raven, I shaked your current governor's hand while carrying one in the other hand, one in my back pocket and one in the small of my back. He promised to protect my rights to carry them.
Am I scared, no I'm careful.

Someone had 25 rounds of 9mm and 8 rounds of 380. And another had 10 rounds of 38 special. I definitely felt safe and content eating ice cream, BSing and looking at all the pretty ladies.

Grit, you better watch it, someone might take you out for looking at their daughter, sister, wife or girlfriend. Might have to get you a set of blinkers.

Ken

greybeard":32v13qtj said:
ga.prime":32v13qtj said:
wbvs58":32v13qtj said:
BR, Ron, I think you have made a pretty fair statement of how you feel. I am interested to here how other people feel, not them trying to change your ways but how they go about their business with CC.

Ken
Because it never happens.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/vol ... shootings/

https://crimeresearch.org/2016/09/uber- ... -shooting/
Ok, it almost never happens. I suspect more people are accidentally killed with these CC guns than are saved. I'm not campaigning against CC. If you're comfortable carrying a concealed gun, fine with me.

wbvs58":3vmby7w6 said:
M.Magis":3vmby7w6 said:
wbvs58":3vmby7w6 said:

Ken
They don't make the news, but it happens all the time. Most aren't out for mass shootings, though the guy that went shooting into the church a while back was stopped by a guy that shot him.

Didn't he go home to get his gun?

Ken
You may be right, I'm not sure.

ga.prime":1zq3b7s0 said:
greybeard":1zq3b7s0 said:
Ok, it almost never happens. I suspect more people are accidentally killed with these CC guns than are saved. I'm not campaigning against CC. If you're comfortable carrying a concealed gun, fine with me.
You couldn't be more wrong. I'm not sure how you could even come to that conclusion.

True Grit Farms":2l76cn5k said:
Sounds like how a victim thinks to me. The way to stop violence is with more and harsher violence.

I taught my kids to fight back no matter what, if someone is going to kill you, you might as well go down fighting. I just taught him you don't put your hands on another person unless you want problems. If it wasn't my daughter or her friend I wouldn't of cared. Don't screw with my friends or family, I get real violent real quick.

Vince,

You don't strike me as someone who exaggerates. So I take you as you are. Which brings me to an observation:

If Georgia was anything like the Hazard/Harlan County Kentucky I knew in the 1970s, you would have been shot and the buzzards would have picked your bones clean on some old abandoned coal mine. OR, you would be an invalid living in your mutilated and partially
dismembered body until you gave up the ghost.

It only took me about a month with the counsel of good people who cared about me to learn - justice in the mountains is brutal and homemade. Justified is not too far off from the way it was.

Bright Raven":1fvz0jaw said:
True Grit Farms":1fvz0jaw said:
Sounds like how a victim thinks to me. The way to stop violence is with more and harsher violence.

I taught my kids to fight back no matter what, if someone is going to kill you, you might as well go down fighting. I just taught him you don't put your hands on another person unless you want problems. If it wasn't my daughter or her friend I wouldn't of cared. Don't screw with my friends or family, I get real violent real quick.

Vince,

You don't strike me as someone who exaggerates. So I take you as you are. Which brings me to an observation:

If Georgia was anything like the Hazard/Harlan County Kentucky I knew in the 1970s, you would have been shot and the buzzards would have picked your bones clean on some old abandoned coal mine. OR, you would be an invalid living in your mutilated and partially

It only took me about a month with the counsel of good people who cared about me to learn - justice in the mountains is brutal and homemade. Justified is not too far off from the way it was.

You have no idea the kind of environment I was raised in, or the life and death battles that I've fought. I'm proud to still be alive and question why sometimes, maybe it's because my savior has big plans for me? Or is it to make me suffer to pay for my sins? Either way I'll take it, and I'll try to do my best to see tomorrow.

If I were to ever find myself in a fighting hole again (foxhole) I'll take TGF to be there with me...every day of the week.

True Grit Farms":2unqvkak said:
Bright Raven":2unqvkak said:
True Grit Farms":2unqvkak said:

Vince,

You have no idea the kind of environment I was raised in, or the life and death battles that I've fought. I'm proud to still be alive and question why sometimes, maybe it's because my savior has big plans for me? Or is it to make me suffer to pay for my sins? Either way I'll take it, and I'll try to do my best to see tomorrow.

I did not intend to involve myself in how you were raised. I sincerely wish nothing but prosperity and safety for you and yours.

Just saying, you are better off walking softly in some places. Especially, in parts of eastern Kentucky like it was 50 years ago and further back. Back then, making a lot of noise and sabre rattling would buy you a plot of cold, cold ground.

M-5":23s9h4ua said:
Grit is hazard county 50 years ago. Ky doesn't have the patent on rough places. I can take you places around here you would swear you stepped back 100 yrs

Not directing this at Grit. But usually you reap what you sow. The philosophy that "The way to stop violence is with more and harsher violence" will get you killed or make you wish you were dead when it collides with a culture that is totally without restraint. They have no regard for authority and they respond to a slap to the face with a baseball bat blow to the side of your cranium that knocks your brains into the next county. Yes they might be anywhere.

Bright Raven":29sy2s8p said:
M-5":29sy2s8p said:
Grit is hazard county 50 years ago. Ky doesn't have the patent on rough places. I can take you places around here you would swear you stepped back 100 yrs

Not directing this at Grit. But usually you reap what you sow. The philosophy that "The way to stop violence is with more and harsher violence" will get you killed or make you wish you were dead when it collides with a culture that is totally without restraint. They have no regard for authority and they respond to a slap to the face with a baseball bat blow to the side of your cranium that knocks your brains into the next county. Yes they might be anywhere.
We see where the coddling and be nice culture has got us by the number of threads going at the moment. The demasculinization process has been going on the last 30 yrs. It's time real men stand up and kick azz and change the culture.

M-5":2a03si7z said:
Bright Raven":2a03si7z said:
M-5":2a03si7z said:

We see where the coddling and be nice culture has got us by the number of threads going at the moment. The demasculinization process has been going on the last 30 yrs. It's time real men stand up and kick azz and change the culture.

That is not the culture I am talking about. The culture I am talking about will throw your azz down a mine shaft and sit down and drink a Bud Lite.

Bright Raven":120zgc00 said:
M-5":120zgc00 said:
Bright Raven":120zgc00 said:

That is not the culture I am talking about. The culture I am talking about will throw your azz down a mine shaft and sit down and drink a Bud Lite.
We don't have mines but we got lots of hogs around. You ever heard how hogs squeal and fight when you throw fresh meat in a pen.

Latest posts