Gun Talk

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":2i30t88i said:
Bright Raven":2i30t88i said:
callmefence":2i30t88i said:
Ok ill show my cards..

Beretta minx..22 short

I thought you said only the John Wayne wantabees, show their weapons?

I thought you said it

Besides who wouldn't wantabe John Wayne.

Your words:

I agree to some extent on the John Wayne complex. You can tell them quite easily. They can't shut up about what they carry and how they carry.
Kinda showing your cards in my opinion.
I might talk about my hunting iron.
But nobody but my wife knows about my defense arsenal.

Bright Raven":3vjo7hsn said:
callmefence":3vjo7hsn said:
Bright Raven":3vjo7hsn said:

I thought you said it

Your words:

I agree to some extent on the John Wayne complex. You can tell them quite easily. They can't shut up about what they carry and how they carry.

I guess you think you got me in some kinda of a spot..?

I was awestruck at how our new mod issued a warning before lopping your head off .... ;-)

callmefence":3skrm1cx said:
Bright Raven":3skrm1cx said:
callmefence":3skrm1cx said:
I thought you said it

Your words:

I guess you think you got me in some kinda of a spot..?

I was awestruck at how our new mod issued a warning before lopping your head off .... ;-)

I would not do that Andy.

That was awesome.

Bright Raven":8amxv3lo said:
callmefence":8amxv3lo said:
Bright Raven":8amxv3lo said:

I thought you said it

Your words:

I specifically said I show my hunting iron. That is my backup for wild boar hunting in the south Texas brush.

bad feet was a thing, My father rode the bus to Montgomery al too go . at the physical the Dr took one look at his feet told him to get dressed and go home. We do not have arch's . When I joined my feet were not examined but we were not at war then either.

callmefence":3q5yuckj said:
I'm pretty sure Sasquatch's don't have arch's either.

Assuming Sasquatch is a hominid (Primate group). They would have arches. All the way back to Australopithecus, hominids had arches. It is a function of the evolution of the phalanges in both the feet and hands.

Cows walk on the tips of their toes. Primates walk on the entire surface of the toes, tarsals, metatarsals and heel. The heel is a foot or more off the ground in a cow.

Bright Raven":14uyw4lc said:
callmefence":14uyw4lc said:
I'm pretty sure Sasquatch's don't have arch's either.

Assuming Sasquatch is a hominid (Primate group). They would have arches. All the way back to Australopithecus, hominids had arches. It is a function of the evolution of the phalanges in both the feet and hands.

Cows walk on the tips of their toes. Primates walk on the entire surface of the toes, tarsals, metatarsals and heel. The heel is a foot or more off the ground in a cow.

Thanks. That clears that up.

M-5":kr912yhk said:
bad feet was a thing, My father rode the bus to Montgomery al too go . at the physical the Dr took one look at his feet told him to get dressed and go home. We do not have arch's . When I joined my feet were not examined but we were not at war then either.
Pawpaw made the trip for the Korea draft and was told he had flat feet and sent home.

Bright Raven":1y019akf said:
I am pro gun, pro carry, have worked with armed federal officials in an enforcement environment, and have engaged persons using or threatening to use lethal force against federal enforcement actions.

I have had CC permits from Montana, the City and County of Denver, and Kentucky. I probably have not carried concealed for more than 100 hours total in my entire lifetime.

Candidly, I am by nature not paranoid or insecure. Being very open, this is just my gut feeling - I think many who carry are playing out their childhood aspirations of being John Wayne. I acknowledge that there are legitimate circumstances to be prepared and armed. I have been there, done that. However, how many people are conducting their daily lives in an environment that warrants being armed? Think about this, Do you wear a crash helmet while driving? I know that sounds crass but the likelihood of it saving your life in a wreck far outweighs the protection benefit of the gun you carry.

I find CC a PITA. I realize that you get accustom to it. The question is - Is the juice worth the squeeze?

PS: I acknowledge most users here feel like their life is in constant danger and I am sympathetic, but I simply don't feel that threat.
Although surrounded by guns and people who are experts, i'm not very knowledgeable about guns. That being said, i'm around it and some knowledge sinks in and to hear people on news shows, interviews and people who are supposedly in control of our country say some of the dumbest things concerning guns.. Jerald Rivera saying ARs are not used for hunting is just outright ignorance...Our gun problem is people who have control of the air waves who think they are experts who want to control what happens....

cowgirl8":21fr1dhw said:
Bright Raven":21fr1dhw said:
I am pro gun, pro carry, have worked with armed federal officials in an enforcement environment, and have engaged persons using or threatening to use lethal force against federal enforcement actions.

I have had CC permits from Montana, the City and County of Denver, and Kentucky. I probably have not carried concealed for more than 100 hours total in my entire lifetime.

Candidly, I am by nature not paranoid or insecure. Being very open, this is just my gut feeling - I think many who carry are playing out their childhood aspirations of being John Wayne. I acknowledge that there are legitimate circumstances to be prepared and armed. I have been there, done that. However, how many people are conducting their daily lives in an environment that warrants being armed? Think about this, Do you wear a crash helmet while driving? I know that sounds crass but the likelihood of it saving your life in a wreck far outweighs the protection benefit of the gun you carry.

I find CC a PITA. I realize that you get accustom to it. The question is - Is the juice worth the squeeze?

PS: I acknowledge most users here feel like their life is in constant danger and I am sympathetic, but I simply don't feel that threat.
Although surrounded by guns and people who are experts, i'm not very knowledgeable about guns. That being said, i'm around it and some knowledge sinks in and to hear people on news shows, interviews and people who are supposedly in control of our country say some of the dumbest things concerning guns.. Jerald Rivera saying ARs are not used for hunting is just outright ignorance...Our gun problem is people who have control of the air waves who think they are experts who want to control what happens....

Good to see you. The young fellow who hunted here this fall used a "black" gun.

My husband uses his hunting all the time. Got this pasture flea last night. 100 yards though the heart. His is a 6-8...or something like that and he's deadly accurate with it. I'm his brass gatherer because the brass is hard to come by..

cowgirl8":tq26aej5 said:

My husband uses his hunting all the time. Got this pasture flea last night. 100 yards though the heart. His is a 6-8...or something like that and he's deadly accurate with it. I'm his brass gatherer because the brass is hard to come by..

Linda. What caliber? If it is fire formed brass, I don't blame him. Takes some time to custom form brass if the caliber is a wildcat.

Latest posts