Guess that Breed

Help Support CattleToday:

rynophiliac

Reaction score
Ok so I honestly don't know her breed, she was here when we bought the place, but I'd like to know what she is because she was a great cow. She was supposed to be culled last year but escaped round up, I'm surprised the poor thing made it. I just found her this year with a calf and now she is pretty drawn down but in her prime she was a real beefy cow. By the looks of her I would guess some charolais but I don't know what else.

IMG_2216.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

she looks a lot like my older cow. her mother was a Holstein angus cross and don't really know what the sire was. but your cow has the same tan color as mine and the same big head and thick nose. she does look a lil unconditioned though. you know her age?

I don't know whether she would be worth shipping. She is getting to the point where carriers here wouldn't take her as they can get into trouble if the cattle they have on are not " fit to load".
Ken

Looks charolais crossed with angus to me. Just a guess. They'd ship her here too. If she was mine and if it wont put you out too bad.... Put her on some good feed and sell her in may. She should put on some cheap pounds. Might not make any more but I don't THINK you would lose money.

TennesseeTuxedo":1foj5tgf said:
Please get her up and check her teeth, then pour some high quality hay and good feed into her.
Doesn't matter what she is just give her some groceries fast.

Where are you located? Doesn't look like there is anything there for a cow to survive on.

Yes this yellow cow is very old she got missed last year. We stock 10 cows per 640 acres. You always miss a couple every year that never get found at round up. She'll get grass hay until her calf can be weaned then she'll go to the sale barn. I didn't check her teeth because she is going in to sale anyways. I was thinking char x with maybe limousine.

What do you think of this one, I do know her breeds:
2baaebe1-e20b-4956-bb57-b6ed7544df1f.jpg

I have made good money over the years buying those type of cows out of that high desert country that were bred. They don't have the teeth or feet to make it in the rough county any longer. They can be bought pretty cheap, calf them out, kick them to good grass, and watch them grow. They didn't get to be old by not knowing how to raise a calf.

Latest posts