Guess my luck ran out

Help Support CattleToday:

sounds like a real bad day.an also sounds like you need to get a new truck an trailer.its no fun limping a trailer in on 3 tires.been there done that late at nite.

Be happy with those cows no matter how they perform. That guy could have said "not my problem" and you'd have been screwed. He might be someone you'd want to lend a hand to for a day or two at branding time.

Sorry for the crappy day, We have a lot of days like yours, here's one last week, we are behind on a big job because of rain, and keep in mind this is all one day, muffler breaks off the loader, tire blows on one dump truck, flat tire on the backhoe, axle seal and pinion seal both happen to go out on the same day on another dump truck, fan bracket bolts break off and fan almost go's thru the radiator on the loader. This isn't all new equipment but it's sure not junk either so this was an strange day, but part of it and happy to have work to break our equipment down on.

I have come to think of days like these as wake up calls . Just when you think you have things figured out life gives you a kick in the @ss ,just so you don't become too self assured . :roll:

Sorry hook I can't come up with anything that is "bag of ice" related for this thread to make you feel better.
Glad no one got hurt, and it's not too much of a money set back.

Well you made it home and still breathing that's a good sign...lol That's one heck of a trip I feel for you really do.. Better luck next time :)

dieselbeef":lelyi8db said:
myakka is a dangerous place...yer lucky he skunk ape didn find ya on the side of the road!. sorry i missed ya bud
No worries. It all worked out.

Kathie, your day wasn't anything real good either. Sorry for your run too

Went to 3 trailer stores and finally got what I needed. 10 new lugs and lug nuts, a spare hub assembly and bearings. An old spindle to weld to the trailer and hang the hub and spare on.
Lugs and bearings taken care if. Just need to put a wheel on it and I'm back in service. I should of had all this already, guess I just needed a kick in the ass. At least it wasn't too painful

Latest posts