Grid Maker on red Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

trevorgreycattleco

Reaction score
Just bred my first red angus cow to GAR Grid Maker. She has a ton of milk so I thought he would work . I have thought about using him for years and finally did. Just was wondering if people are still using him? I know he is past his prime but I thought he would work great in this situation. Those ten straws in my tank were not doin me any good unless I use them. I would like to hear the good and bad of people's expierience with him. I have always thought alot of the bull but I wonder if he is more terminal than maternal. Again I am a shorthorn guy by nature so not a expert by any means on the bull. Just thought he worked good for this cow.

Thought i would elaborate a little more............ My whole idea here is if i get a heifer, I would then register her in the red angus cat. 2 deal and then breed her to shorthorn. I liked how the 5L cattle have done and he breeds alot of black red so i was trying a different twist myself. Three way english cross could be cool to. If it's a bull he will go for freezer beef to a lucky customer :banana:

I always stop to look at Grid Maker when I thumb past his pictures. I like the muscle that he has over his loin and the big thick neck and shoulders. With his EN$ being a +10 and his milk number being a 10, it would seem that he would be an easy keeper. He is a definite meat wagon!! I would like to have some mature cows bred to him myself.
Chuckie.

I've got 2 or 3 big old SimAngus cows that we're probably gonna breed to GridMaker this spring - for many of the reasons already stated - low milk/reasonable $EN/above-average CEM and good growth. With that +4.6 BW, I sure wouldn't put him in a heifer or small cow.

Latest posts