Green Bay at Dallas Cowboys 34-31

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch":18b6qto0 said:
Caustic Burno":18b6qto0 said:
I am pulling for the Steelers and Falcons now.
Matty ICE... because he's always Ice Cold whenever you need him.
This may be the year he shakes the label of being a choker in big games... I'm pulling for him too.

Arron Rodgers, his father confirmed Aaron hasn't spoken to his family since Christmas 2014 and they don't even have his cell phone number... saying fame changes people. Didn't attend his grandfather's funeral ect, reports from childhood friends and others that he's an arrogant s.o.b.
Remember there are always 3 sides to everything. His side, the other side and the truth

Caustic Burno":41xq51xm said:
Nothing finer than watching Dallas loose.
Actually seeing Houston lose the day before was finer. :nod: But it was a good game, the Cowboys had one heck of a season and a great future.

TexasBred":2q7c3ecv said:
Caustic Burno":2q7c3ecv said:
Actually seeing Houston lose the day before was finer. :nod: But it was a good game, the Cowboys had one heck of a season and a great future.

Dallas is a team for the future. Houston, well, they're still Houston.

TexasBred":3bc0fb6x said:
Caustic Burno":3bc0fb6x said:
Houston went just as far as the Cowboys anyway you cut it they both lost division playoffs.
They are both sitting at the house like Cleveland.
Nothing new with either team choke come playoffs
The only thing worse than the cowboys is their fans you would think they owned the team and were standing on the sidelines for worship service

Caustic Burno":2ixro9xs said:
TexasBred":2ixro9xs said:
Caustic Burno":2ixro9xs said:
Houston went just as far as the Cowboys anyway you cut it they both lost division playoffs.
The only thing worse than the cowboys is their fans you would think they owned the team and were standing on the sidelines for worship service

Nothing wrong with that. People do it all over the country for their favorite team. They know they don't own it. They just love the Cowboys just as Green Bay loves the Packers.

TexasBred":3jzu7ccv said:
Caustic Burno":3jzu7ccv said:
TexasBred":3jzu7ccv said:

Nothing wrong with that. People do it all over the country for their favorite team. They know they don't own it. They just love the Cowboys just as Green Bay loves the Packers.

The difference with Green Bay, is that the Fans DO own the team. Its part of the reason that many people up here who aren't avid football fans, like myself, still love THEIR Packers.

Boot Jack Bulls":25o2ksc9 said:
TexasBred":25o2ksc9 said:
Caustic Burno":25o2ksc9 said:

The difference with Green Bay, is that the Fans DO own the team. Its part of the reason that many people up here who aren't avid football fans, like myself, still love THEIR Packers.
Not necessarily. Today, 360,760 people (representing 5,011,558 shares) are owners of the iconic franchise. That's more than 3 times the population of Green Bay.

TexasBred":f7e0ubme said:
Boot Jack Bulls":f7e0ubme said:
TexasBred":f7e0ubme said:

Not necessarily. Today, 360,760 people (representing 5,011,558 shares) are owners of the iconic franchise.
That's more than 3 times the population of Green Bay.
I'm pretty sure there are more Packer fans living outside of Green Bay than in Green Bay.
Among Packer fans it's considered a badge of honor to own shares and I think it's a pretty neat idea.

Son of Butch":wyg79id1 said:
TexasBred":wyg79id1 said:
Boot Jack Bulls":wyg79id1 said:
Not necessarily. Today, 360,760 people (representing 5,011,558 shares) are owners of the iconic franchise.
I'm pretty sure there are more Packer fans living outside of Green Bay than in Green Bay.
Among Packer fans it's considered a badge of honor to own shares and I think it's a pretty neat idea.
Not saying it isn't. Just saying ownership is not limited to fans and many just buy it to say they own it since it pays no dividends and has no benefits other than pride of ownership and every time they need more money they just issue more stock....but that's the American way....just print more money.

TexasBred":kcc04wh7 said:
Son of Butch":kcc04wh7 said:
TexasBred":kcc04wh7 said:
Not saying it isn't. Just saying ownership is not limited to fans and many just buy it to say they own it since it pays no dividends and has no benefits other than pride of ownership and every time they need more money they just issue more stock....but that's the American way....just print more money.

You are right! It is a huge matter of pride for people, and I'm sure you are correct that people outside of GB have shares...that would make sense. If, however, it is just a honor, and not something that generates revenue, why do these people outside of GB have shares??? Because they are fans. I'm not in GB, but would love to have shares. What does geography have to do with it????

Boot Jack, you are right, it has more to do with pride and also tradition, with over 100,000 names on the waiting list, which they say is about 30 years to get season tickets, no other team can come close to that, also with one of the oldest stadiums in the NFL they didn't have to print a whole lot of money since 1957 to do some of the improvements that they have done since then, the only older stadium older is soldier field, but that has been totally renovated.

Boot Jack Bulls":2x9pn8t0 said:
TexasBred":2x9pn8t0 said:
Son of Butch":2x9pn8t0 said:

You are right! It is a huge matter of pride for people, and I'm sure you are correct that people outside of GB have shares...that would make sense. If, however, it is just a honor, and not something that generates revenue, why do these people outside of GB have shares??? Because they are fans. I'm not in GB, but would love to have shares. What does geography have to do with it????
Yep...as I said just pride of ownership. Geography has nothing to do with it other than not all the shareholders live in Green Bay...nothing more, nothing less.

haase":v2np6uz7 said:
Boot Jack, you are right, it has more to do with pride and also tradition, with over 100,000 names on the waiting list, which they say is about 30 years to get season tickets, no other team can come close to that, also with one of the oldest stadiums in the NFL they didn't have to print a whole lot of money since 1957 to do some of the improvements that they have done since then, the only older stadium older is soldier field, but that has been totally renovated.
haase what would they do if they DID have to build a new stadium for whatever reason. Issue more stock?? Borrow from banks, etc......just curious.

Guess TB you would have to ask the board of directors when ever they decide to build a new stadium how their going to go about it, I'm not really to concerned about and really don't see it coming anytime soon, my only comment about money was that in the time that the stadium has been there, green bay has not spent a whole lot of it, but who knows maybe some day they will want to put up one of them big 40 million dollar big screens and have to sell more stocks.

haase":b9lwceb7 said:
Guess TB you would have to ask the board of directors when ever they decide to build a new stadium how their going to go about it, I'm not really to concerned about and really don't see it coming anytime soon, my only comment about money was that in the time that the stadium has been there, green bay has not spent a whole lot of it, but who knows maybe some day they will want to put up one of them big 40 million dollar big screens and have to sell more stocks.
You would think it would at least be considered. Demand for tickets far exceeds availability. Stadium is getting old and upkeep and additions will soon be more expensive than any benefits received.

TexasBred":1k4jid1a said:
haase":1k4jid1a said:
You would think it would at least be considered. Demand for tickets far exceeds availability. Stadium is getting old and upkeep and additions will soon be more expensive than any benefits received.

I think it will be a sad day if they ever decide to replace the stadium. Having said that, I don't think that time is coming any time soon. Demand vs availability is a good thing in at least one respect-we have not had a game that wasn't sold out is something like 3 decades and when was the last time you heard about a potential blackout for their home games because their weren't enough tickets sold? I honestly can't recall, unlike my neighbors to the west who run into this several times in the last decade. I think it would also take quite a while for the expense of upkeep to surpass the exorbitant cost of the new stadiums. On top of all this, why would we want to give up our frozen tundra? Its our major advantage in most cases, and I'm sure a new stadium would be indoor. What fun is that???

Not really sure TB, we try and get up there once a year for a game, for as old as the stadium is and the weather that it has gone through it is still in decent shape, or course I'm a older fan, it doesn't take much to impress me.

haase":3kzk404z said:
Not really sure TB, we try and get up there once a year for a game, for as old as the stadium is and the weather that it has gone through it is still in decent shape, or course I'm a older fan, it doesn't take much to impress me.

I was there for the first time in December. Other than lots of walking (the norm for pretty much any venue), I was pretty impressed. It seems the place is mostly focused on history and love of the team, not the newest, greatest tech or whatever they can afford. :2cents:

Boot jack, not sure were at in NW Wisconsin, but we go up to Spooner WI twice a year and stay on Big Mckenzie, have a lot of fun fishing, and enjoy the area, have been going up there along time.

Spooner is about 1 hour north east of us. You will have to let me know the next time you are in our neck of the woods!