How about them Cowboys?

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
This was suppose to be their year, what happened? They can't even beat the lowly Bears.........They overpaid their back and still have a QB and a ball catcher to compensate. Americas team has problems, to say the least.......

Trubisky helps Bears beat Cowboys 31-24

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/trubisky-helps-bears-beat-cowboys-31-24/ar-BBXPqAZ?li=BBnbfcL

They can still win the division, even after loosing to the Eagles tonight, does it really matter, probably not, either way you have a division champ that's either going to end up 500 or below, always sad to see a playoff team that is 500.

jltrent said:
This was suppose to be their year, what happened? They can't even beat the lowly Bears.........They overpaid their back and still have a QB and a ball catcher to compensate. Americas team has problems, to say the least.......

Trubisky helps Bears beat Cowboys 31-24

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/trubisky-helps-bears-beat-cowboys-31-24/ar-BBXPqAZ?li=BBnbfcL

Been a long time since the cowboys rode tall in the saddle. Have to shoot low cause they are on Shetlands.
I doubt they will ever mount to much again. Jerry is too much like old Bud Adams can't keep his fingers out of the day to day.

Not being a cowboys fan, they are still hard to bet against, 5 superbowl wins, I think they are the only team to have a 20 year winning streak, it might not come under the Jerry Jones era, I wouldn't bet against it coming again.

The Cowboys are probably my favorite team, but it seems one week they are up and the next they are down. They need to find some consistency and usually that starts with the coach, but in this case the owner has his hand in everything, so it probably starts with him. If they get a good coach Jerry just can't stand it as he wants to take credit and make the decisions, until he runs them off. Their current coach probably has a good working relationship with the ownership, but that is not working out in the win totals.

jltrent said:
The Cowboys are probably my favorite team, but it seems one week they are up and the next they are down. They need to find some consistency and usually that starts with the coach, but in this case the owner has his hand in everything, so it probably starts with him. If they get a good coach Jerry just can't stand it as he wants to take credit and make the decisions, until he runs them off. Their current coach probably has a good working relationship with the ownership, but that is not working out in the win totals.

There was a worse owner for a couple years, can't remember his name.
He bought the team from Murchinson who ran a class act organization.
Cowboys only won a couple games while he owned them.
Texan organization almost as bad, play good enough to win the division and are one and done in playoffs. They get out coached year after year.

I heard Flint Rasmussen say that the reason Oklahoma didn't have a professional football team was that if they had one then Texas would want one too.

Never know which Cowboy team will show up on game day. I agree that Jones is the biggest problem, which has been proven for years. If Jones to could stay in the owners box and out of the GM role the team would have greater chances.

I didn't look at the years but found the five Cowboy owners in alphabetical order.

Bum Bright

William R. Hawn

Jerry Jones

Clint Murchison Jr.

Toddie Lee Wynne

This was supposed to be the Cowboys' year. As well as Cleveland and Chicago. Indianapolis was supposed to be good until Luck quit. NYJ were going to be "dangerous" according to some. Atlanta had a ton of talent and no leadership. Arizona has been surprisingly tricking to figure out. It's been an interesting year.

Meeting again....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jason-garrett-again-will-meet-with-jerry-jones-on-tuesday/ar-BBYu03O?li=BBnb7Kz

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mike-mccarthy-is-the-new-head-coach-of-the-dallas-cowboys/ar-BBYFuT2

Mike McCarthy is the new head coach of the Dallas Cowboys

Latest posts