grass in hot wire

Help Support CattleToday:

herefordlover

Reaction score
How much grass be for u start seeing a big drain on your fence. Have a 12 joul charger on 5 miles of 2strand fence and dont seem there can be any grass at all before it starts looseing voltage. Have 5 6foot ground rods and the ground is muddy. The charger is parmak rangmaster

How much voltag does it lose? Wet grass, especially rained on wet is always more of a drain then dry grass. As long as it's above 5k volts at it's worset that will keep cows in, goats is a whole nother story.

I had a rangemster, got it when my 20 year ld Gallagher gave up the ghost, and it never put out acceptable voltage. Bought a M800 Gallagher and now I've getting proper volatge all the way to the end.

herefordlover":1rh0hmrl said:
Were looking at an m 1000 as were going to be adding maybe 5 more likes of wire or u think need bigger yet. ?... Got the neighbors mr 5000 on ot now might be over kill
Sorry, that's what ours is the 800 was the one that croaked.

M1000 book said approximately 7 or so grounds..... Sure helps us in the valley, irrigated pasture, dry fence lines. My m100 even jumps porcelain insulators lately, and it's not even dew time

Need a Gallagher they are the best IMO I have a old 800 that hasn't been shut off for 18 yrs and still puts out what it did new I just bought the 1800 for 2 more 1/4 sections of land I ran both water and underground wire through a culvert under a road the water line pulled apart and filled culvert I layed on my side in the wet and felt for the broken line found the wire instead guess it had rubbed a bare spot on side of culvert WOW does it work good.both fencers kill grass where it touches and it looses very little

Latest posts