Good Visit

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
7,157
Reaction score
0
Location
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
Well I got Jed outta the flat delta country and showed him how we run cows in these hills and took him to a good angus sale in Oklahoma this weekend
We had a good visit for a couple a days and it wouldn't surprise me if he goes home sells all that black dirt ground and moves to the hills and rocks and goes to running cattle instead of growing so many crops :lol2: :lol2:

and of course he would have to buy some black cows and forget about them tiger stripes
 

Jogeephus

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
24,228
Reaction score
1
Location
South Georgia
Angus Cowman":37ft0hcp said:
I think when he went home he had to spend all day trying to learn to drive down straight roads and to quit walking with 1 leg on higher ground than the other

:lol2: :lol2: Always heard that the beef or pork is always more tender on the left side cause of this. :lol2:
 

jedstivers

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
5,787
Reaction score
1
Location
Marianna Arkansas (East Central)
Angus Cowman":11fo1iq7 said:
Well I got Jed outta the flat delta country and showed him how we run cows in these hills and took him to a good angus sale in Oklahoma this weekend
We had a good visit for a couple a days and it wouldn't surprise me if he goes home sells all that black dirt ground and moves to the hills and rocks and goes to running cattle instead of growing so many crops :lol2: :lol2:

and of course he would have to buy some black cows and forget about them tiger stripes


We sure did have a good time, Cindy and the boys really enjoyed themselves. That sale on OK sure had some good cows in it too. Don't know how y'all take all those hills an rocks though, I sure was happy when I broke through at Black Rock and could see for miles :lol: I'm kinda like those tigger stripes though, I'm just bread to take this part of the world.
 
OP
A

Angus Cowman

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
7,157
Reaction score
0
Location
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
jedstivers":1zwgdceh said:
Angus Cowman":1zwgdceh said:
Well I got Jed outta the flat delta country and showed him how we run cows in these hills and took him to a good angus sale in Oklahoma this weekend
We had a good visit for a couple a days and it wouldn't surprise me if he goes home sells all that black dirt ground and moves to the hills and rocks and goes to running cattle instead of growing so many crops :lol2: :lol2:

and of course he would have to buy some black cows and forget about them tiger stripes


We sure did have a good time, Cindy and the boys really enjoyed themselves. That sale on OK sure had some good cows in it too. Don't know how y'all take all those hills an rocks though, I sure was happy when I broke through at Black Rock and could see for miles :lol: I'm kinda like those tigger stripes though, I'm just bread to take this part of the world.
Can't wait for our next get together your wife has alreadf informed us we have to come down between Thanksgiving and christmas but we are gonna try to make it down during harvest
 

jedstivers

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
5,787
Reaction score
1
Location
Marianna Arkansas (East Central)
Angus Cowman":e3xcr6yp said:
jedstivers":e3xcr6yp said:
I'm kinda like those tigger stripes though, I'm just bread to take this part of the world.
I guess my scrawny black cows didn't impress him :lol:


Oh they seemed to be some pretty good ol nags, might try getting a little more weight on them so they won't have to walk off their gain. They could just roll up an down those hills. Don't know about the calf crop though, not sure if 99% (with some still to go) is up to standards or not. As far as Black cows you know what they say, once you go black..... :lol2:
 

Frankie

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
6,915
Reaction score
0
Location
Oklahoma
Angus Cowman":3n2gzstw said:
Well I got Jed outta the flat delta country and showed him how we run cows in these hills and took him to a good angus sale in Oklahoma this weekend
We had a good visit for a couple a days and it wouldn't surprise me if he goes home sells all that black dirt ground and moves to the hills and rocks and goes to running cattle instead of growing so many crops :lol2: :lol2:

and of course he would have to buy some black cows and forget about them tiger stripes


Did you go to the Ratcliff sale? How did it go?
 
OP
A

Angus Cowman

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
7,157
Reaction score
0
Location
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
Frankie":3hyw4xt0 said:
Did you go to the Ratcliff sale? How did it go?
Sale did pretty well I thought they sold close to a 1000 hd between the reg angus cows, hfrs, bulls, simagus bulls and hfrs and the commercial hfrs
I picked up a bull and 24 hfrs and pairs
prices seemed to hold pretty well with the past few yrs on the commercial hfrs and the bulls
 
OP
A

Angus Cowman

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
7,157
Reaction score
0
Location
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
jedstivers":1bwmfzdg said:
Angus Cowman":1bwmfzdg said:
I guess my scrawny black cows didn't impress him :lol:


Oh they seemed to be some pretty good ol nags, might try getting a little more weight on them so they won't have to walk off their gain. They could just roll up an down those hills. Don't know about the calf crop though, not sure if 99% (with some still to go) is up to standards or not. As far as Black cows you know what they say, once you go black..... :lol2:

Thats right when ya reach the top there isn't any reason to go back down :cboy:
 

Latest posts

Top