Good pellet gun?

Help Support CattleToday:

ousoonerfan22

Reaction score
Since the .22 ammo is hard to find and over priced I'm thinking about buying a good pellet gun to shoot snakes and varmints. Bass Pro has some from a $100 to $300 but I'm looking at those in the $150 range that shoot a .177 pellet at 1250. Do you guys know which brand is the most reliable?
I noticed the .177 pellets are around $7 for 500 or $12 for 750 so that would be a lot cheaper than .22 ammo.
I was watching Ted Nugent's tv show and he shot a snared coyote with a .25 pellet gun...did you guys see it?

I don't know anything about the new pellet guns. I haven't played with one since I was 5 or 6 years old. I've heard that they are very powerful now. if they could mimic the smell of gunpower and bang I might buy one.

Crosman still makes good single break types. I don;t know how strong they are but I can hold dead on a black bird from 5 yards to 50 and still kill them. I put a scope on mine. Midway sell a scope base for the grooved receivers that takes a one inch tube scope.

I don't know what a good one is anymore, but find some and stock up, sooner or later someone will get shot with one and they won't be found for a while. That sounds dumb but I wouldn't be shocked.

dun":3axb0aa8 said:
Crosman still makes good single break types. I don;t know how strong they are but I can hold dead on a black bird from 5 yards to 50 and still kill them. I put a scope on mine. Midway sell a scope base for the grooved receivers that takes a one inch tube scope.
For the money, crossman makes an awesome pellet gun. They shoot 1200 fps but they acually shoot 1000 which is still good for anything like snakes or small animals.

.177 is very small and lightweight. I wanted to upgrade and bought a Benjamin (stryker I think) in .22 and it's more like a sniper rifle. I went with the .22 because in CA, it's illegal to hunt with a .177. It is as accurate as any of my guns and am waiting for the coyotes to come around. It's claim is 1100fps with .22 pellets. It's a tach driver but heavy. At my age, not shooting it standing without a rest. Don't remember the variable scope details except it's a lit reticle and is more powerful than 9x perhaps 12x.

But it is about the most fun gun to shoot.

I shot my friends sons bb/pellet gun last year at a 1/2 plywood target and it went through it if you pumped it 10 x they weren't that powerful when I was a kid.

Latest posts