Good Luck

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bright Raven":17fg3ao2 said:
Jed:

Your description of your character is fine. But that is not the issue. Unless you are wanting to define behavior beyond the rules that already exist, you cannot address the problems you have stated. Yet you say you don't want additional rules.

You clearly have a grievance which is causing your frustration. The question is whether your grievances are justifiable. That is very difficult to resolve.
To address the problems some people need to stop being d!cks. That's it plain and simple. Are they going to stop? No. Will I stop pointing out they are? No.

Ron, this is my last response to you.
You know the old saying about wrestling with a pig in the mud?
Pretty soon you realize the pig enjoys it.
You enjoy this. I don't.

TennesseeTuxedo":2ufveayi said:
Ky hills":2ufveayi said:
This along with some events around the home front, have got me to thinkin' bout some things. I joined this forum because of my love of cattle. Not everyone that I am around are closely involved with farming, and therefore I miss having folks that know how it is to talk too. I can get to this site and read what others post and see their pictures and feel like that there are others that share at least some of my interests and enthusiasm for cattle, and farming in general. I am just a small time farmer, some would say I'm a hobby farmer, but it's a full time job for me. I have had a few successes and a lot of failures and a lot of break evens, but I'm still pluggin' along. I don't know everything and never will, I have picked up some useful information and ideas from several folks here and I greatly appreciate it. There is a wide range of posters on here some seem to only post about cattle, some venture into more variety, some have very strong opinions, and some like to stir the pot.
In my mind this is a big table with room for everybody. I have always heard it takes all kinds to make the world go round.
I may very well be one that some consider a know nothing contributor, but I try to comment when I think I have something to add that can relate or hopefully be relevant to the conversation.
I really hate to see anyone leave the forum, or be banned unless they are just truly disrespectful or hateful on a regular basis.
I did not know M-5 other than reading his posts and comments, and reading what others had said about him helping them.
He is no doubt a wealth of knowledge, and will be missed, hopefully he will reconsider his decision.

Don't forget the neat people you've met and sold bulls to. :D

Exactly, earlier this year we had the honor of meeting a fellow CT poster, and his wife, and farm manager. Nice folks, very enjoyable visit.

jedstivers":1do9mm4e said:
Bright Raven":1do9mm4e said:
Jed:

Your description of your character is fine. But that is not the issue. Unless you are wanting to define behavior beyond the rules that already exist, you cannot address the problems you have stated. Yet you say you don't want additional rules.

You clearly have a grievance which is causing your frustration. The question is whether your grievances are justifiable. That is very difficult to resolve.
To address the problems some people need to stop being d!cks. That's it plain and simple. Are they going to stop? No. Will I stop pointing out they are? No.

You enjoy this. I don't.

I agree. We both harbor a human trait that runs to the core: the desire for UNIFORMITY. Humans covet those that conform to their values, beliefs, traditions and character.

Ky hills":9k5nurml said:
TennesseeTuxedo":9k5nurml said:
Ky hills":9k5nurml said:
This along with some events around the home front, have got me to thinkin' bout some things. I joined this forum because of my love of cattle. Not everyone that I am around are closely involved with farming, and therefore I miss having folks that know how it is to talk too. I can get to this site and read what others post and see their pictures and feel like that there are others that share at least some of my interests and enthusiasm for cattle, and farming in general. I am just a small time farmer, some would say I'm a hobby farmer, but it's a full time job for me. I have had a few successes and a lot of failures and a lot of break evens, but I'm still pluggin' along. I don't know everything and never will, I have picked up some useful information and ideas from several folks here and I greatly appreciate it. There is a wide range of posters on here some seem to only post about cattle, some venture into more variety, some have very strong opinions, and some like to stir the pot.
In my mind this is a big table with room for everybody. I have always heard it takes all kinds to make the world go round.
I may very well be one that some consider a know nothing contributor, but I try to comment when I think I have something to add that can relate or hopefully be relevant to the conversation.
I really hate to see anyone leave the forum, or be banned unless they are just truly disrespectful or hateful on a regular basis.
I did not know M-5 other than reading his posts and comments, and reading what others had said about him helping them.
He is no doubt a wealth of knowledge, and will be missed, hopefully he will reconsider his decision.

Don't forget the neat people you've met and sold bulls to. :D

Exactly, earlier this year we had the honor of meeting a fellow CT poster, and his wife, and farm manager. Nice folks, very enjoyable visit.

:cboy:

Well, I hope he's not headed to Texas, he did threaten me.
After the few sessions in here and being told multiple times how I must not have friends, my husband cant be right to be with me, how could anyone like me, it had me thinking. I'm somewhat a recluse. My job keeps me out in the fields 7 days a week. Some times I go a month without seeing someone outside my family. I've always been socially awkward So after being told repeatedly i'm not a worthy person, it kind of started gnawing at me.
My middle daughter called and suggested I go to the school where my oldest grandson is attending a school party before he starts preK next week. I did get nervous seeing all the cars and people. All I could think was how unliked I seemed to be, why in the world would I subject myself to more hatred . I haven't been at the school in a while, not with the younger kids and their parents.
There were a few of my kids friends there with their kids, but tons of people I did not know. So I started searching for my SIL with the kids. I had to go inside. All I could think was how unlikeable I must be, so I tried not to make eye contact with anyone.. But then I started seeing familiar faces and people happy to see me. Its what I needed to feel liked again.
So see when you tell people this, even if its in a forum and for fun, it hurts.

Linda, have you ever trying to be nice to the others and less braggart? Who knows, you might make some friends on here.

cowgirl8":2vlqw1vc said:
Well, I hope he's not headed to Texas, he did threaten me.
After the few sessions in here and being told multiple times how I must not have friends, my husband cant be right to be with me, how could anyone like me, it had me thinking. I'm somewhat a recluse. My job keeps me out in the fields 7 days a week. Some times I go a month without seeing someone outside my family. I've always been socially awkward So after being told repeatedly i'm not a worthy person, it kind of started gnawing at me.
My middle daughter called and suggested I go to the school where my oldest grandson is attending a school party before he starts preK next week. I did get nervous seeing all the cars and people. All I could think was how unliked I seemed to be, why in the world would I subject myself to more hatred . I haven't been at the school in a while, not with the younger kids and their parents.
There were a few of my kids friends there with their kids, but tons of people I did not know. So I started searching for my SIL with the kids. I had to go inside. All I could think was how unlikeable I must be, so I tried not to make eye contact with anyone.. But then I started seeing familiar faces and people happy to see me. Its what I needed to feel liked again.
So see when you tell people this, even if its in a forum and for fun, it hurts.

I think you should seek counseling. Anyone who personalizes crap posted on a forum to the extent it affects their daily life, is in quicksand.

You know, at the end of the day, it's an Internet forum. I may not be the savvy cowboy I portray. I could very well be sitting in my parents basement eating cheetos, and hoping the wifi don't go out.

Bigfoot":13ekadjx said:
You know, at the end of the day, it's an Internet forum. I may not be the savvy cowboy I portray. I could very well be sitting in my parents basement eating cheetos, and hoping the wifi don't go out.

Ok. You got me. I will confess.

I am living at a private room at the Copacabana. I have all my meals catered in. A lovely blonde turns my sheets down each night. In my spare time when I am not sipping martinis at the pool, I post on CT.

Bigfoot":1bac91rx said:

Hang in there. We're going somewhere. Pre K. Maybe we will be growing roses next or arguing about home schooling or something.

Someone will post another gem and I'll get interested. Then things will get locked. Or deleted completely.

M-5 is someone I will miss. But I have contact with him elsewhere. So it's not "good bye".

backhoeboogie":gbd1insf said:
Bigfoot":gbd1insf said:

Hang in there. We're going somewhere. Pre K. Maybe we will be growing roses next or arguing about home schooling or something.

Someone will post another gem and I'll get interested. Then things will get locked. Or deleted completely.

M-5 is someone I will miss. But I have contact with him elsewhere. So it's not "good bye".

Is Rusk full up ? Several potential clients.

Caustic Burno":21wlifq3 said:
Is Rusk full up ? Several potential clients.

Escapees I think.

Do they have internet access ?

You may be on to something.

Your words were deleted earlier. FYI they sunk in when I read them.

jedstivers":2rk97grg said:
Bright Raven":2rk97grg said:
Jed:

You enjoy this. I don't.

I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed that post.

I woke up around 1am, I had my back to the bedroom door. I could hear something in the hall, then I heard what sounded like a gun being loaded. I kept hearing these clicks, the sounds that one makes when you're handling it. I was like, Oh god M5 found my house and he's about to get revenge on me....but then it was my husband, he'd been working on a gun and fell asleep in his chair and was just getting to bed..lol... I was like, whew....
Muddy, i'd like for you to show where I bragged. I don't get this bragging crap. You guys can tell me all day, I don't know anything, my stuff isn't as good, you know someone with 1000 bee hives mine don't compare... DO you guys not read your post. I have not said but maybe once how many acres we have and it was when I was questioned about it. I think one time someone said I wasn't consistent on how many, then I explained why. So really, if you don't want to know what I have because you think i'm bragging, then don't ask. But really, that is just the weirdest thing ever. Its a cattle page. Everyone mentions what they have and have many times.
And I don't need counseling..I have many friends even though I don't get out much. In fact, I probably have more because I don't get out much, if you get my drift....but oh wait, is that bragging? I didn't mean it that way, just saying that my friends don't tire of me because they never see me....get it, not bragging, just making a observation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts