Good Luck

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bright Raven":1sevpv6e said:
M-5 has left us but he will not be forgotten. M-5 was much more to me than a User, he was someone that could fix anything mechanical. When things broke down, and troubles hailed all around, M-5 was there to provide advice on how to fix it.

Throughout my readings here, there were those that would come and go, but M-5 was always there. It was almost as if M-5 had a sixth sense. All you had to do was open Cattle Today and he was there. Sometimes I would come in from feeding the cows, feeling blue, solitary and alone, and M-5 was always there on CT to lift my spirits. This is what M-5 meant to me.

M-5 has been here since I came to CT. The kind of friend that most people only dream of. M-5 was the first to contribute a kind word to beginners or word of wisdom to someone whose cow was ill. He wasn't the type of person to call attention to himself, unless he felt it would help alleviate the tension on the forum.

He also had a remarkable sense of humor, and quick wit, which I found refreshing, as my own sense of humor is somewhat dulled.

I will miss M-5 as we all surely will.

I won't.

True Grit Farms":1q8xzaw2 said:
Bright Raven":1q8xzaw2 said:
M-5 has left us but he will not be forgotten. M-5 was much more to me than a User, he was someone that could fix anything mechanical. When things broke down, and troubles hailed all around, M-5 was there to provide advice on how to fix it.

Throughout my readings here, there were those that would come and go, but M-5 was always there. It was almost as if M-5 had a sixth sense. All you had to do was open Cattle Today and he was there. Sometimes I would come in from feeding the cows, feeling blue, solitary and alone, and M-5 was always there on CT to lift my spirits. This is what M-5 meant to me.

M-5 has been here since I came to CT. The kind of friend that most people only dream of. M-5 was the first to contribute a kind word to beginners or word of wisdom to someone whose cow was ill. He wasn't the type of person to call attention to himself, unless he felt it would help alleviate the tension on the forum.

He also had a remarkable sense of humor, and quick wit, which I found refreshing, as my own sense of humor is somewhat dulled.

I won't.

LOL! Yes you will.

Bright Raven":z7fvk9ah said:

I've got a little tear in my eye now thanks to you. That was beautiful.

Bright Raven":1g3k6k8h said:

Yeah, we loose him just like we've lost a lot of other good ones and where does that leave us?
With the ones that have nothing to contribute.
If I wasn't so stubborn and and the fact that there's several on here I really like I'd be long gone too. I'm on now much less than I use to be. It's gotten a pretty useless place.

jedstivers":1g6u4dvs said:
Bright Raven":1g6u4dvs said:

Yeah, we loose him just like we've lost a lot of other good ones and where does that leave us?
If I wasn't so stubborn and and the fact that there's several on here I really like I'd be long gone too. I'm on now much less than I use to be. It's gotten a pretty useless place.

I am very sorry you feel that way. Sounds like a tragedy. I hope your fortunes improve.

jedstivers":ppc3f9he said:
Bright Raven":ppc3f9he said:

:nod: there are some great people with great cattle & advice but they left just because of too much drama.

Muddy":1mkrexqd said:
jedstivers":1mkrexqd said:
Bright Raven":1mkrexqd said:

:nod: there are some great people with great cattle & advice but they left just because of too much drama.

Yet you persevere young muddy, that's commendable.

Muddy":30iy2lpz said:
jedstivers":30iy2lpz said:
Bright Raven":30iy2lpz said:

Stick with it. We got a new POTUS. Things will get better. No one but You could fill those Muddy shoes.

Bright Raven":3oke2mu1 said:
jedstivers":3oke2mu1 said:
Bright Raven":3oke2mu1 said:

I am very sorry you feel that way. Sounds like a tragedy. I hope your fortunes improve.
Ron my fortunes are rolling right along. Just like the ebb and flow of a stream. They come and go and come back again.
You see it's just part of business and I've been in it a long time. Row crops and cattle.
I've learned some good stuff here too but here's the kicker. I can run my operation just fine without this site or anyone on it. I'm in my 40th crop and I'm 48 years old, I been in this a while and seen a lot of things.
Made tons of money and lost it back, it's just part of it.
The sad thing though is there's poeople come on here that know nothing about nothing and they want to learn, get some cattle, grow their operation.
That doesn't work well when all the talent is run off and there's a few azzwipes just telling them they are just hobby farmers and putting everyone else down cause it's not done the way they do it. You know, little things like that.
Have you noticed Ron that I don't get on here and tell what I have and the acres I run and the numbers of cattle I run? You know there's a reason for that. While I might have more than some there's a lot with a lot more than me but all that doesn't rally matter. If I have 10 cows and you have 5 I'm not twice and smart as you. I just have 10 cows.
Ron you steady stir up shyt but you've never posted a single thing I can use. Maybe you have posted something someone can use, I really hope you have.
Have I posted nothing but what helps someone? Shoot no, but I've posted several things people can use and I'm here to answer any questions I can. I've given my number to several and I'd give it to anyone if I can help them.
Ron it's really a shame you waste your writing ability on all this when you could put it to better use. I've told you this before and I still believe it, you're a highly intelligent person. Use it for good, not making this a springer show.

"
Have you noticed Ron that I don't get on here and tell what I have and the acres I run and the numbers of cattle I run?
Most of us, have indeed taken mental note of that.
Your pics tell a heck of a story too.

greybeard":1w8710aa said:
"
Have you noticed Ron that I don't get on here and tell what I have and the acres I run and the numbers of cattle I run?
Most of us, have indeed taken mental note of that.
Your pics tell a heck of a story too.
Thanks graybeard, I appreciate that.
I wish it hadn't gotten so hard to post pics on here. I love seeing everyone else's and like to return the favor.
I hate the little pics now and can't figure how to post mine anymore.

jedstivers":f7i1hx5c said:
Bright Raven":f7i1hx5c said:
jedstivers":f7i1hx5c said:

Ron my fortunes are rolling right along. Just like the ebb and flow of a stream. They come and go and come back again.
You see it's just part of business and I've been in it a long time. Row crops and cattle.
I've learned some good stuff here too but here's the kicker. I can run my operation just fine without this site or anyone on it. I'm in my 40th crop and I'm 48 years old, I been in this a while and seen a lot of things.
The sad thing though is there's poeople come on here that know nothing about nothing and they want to learn, get some cattle, grow their operation.
That doesn't work well when all the talent is run off and there's a few azzwipes just telling them they are just hobby farmers and putting everyone else down cause it's not done the way they do it. You know, little things like that.
Have you noticed Ron that I don't get on here and tell what I have and the acres I run and the numbers of cattle I run? You know there's a reason for that. While I might have more than some there's a lot with a lot more than me but all that doesn't rally matter. If I have 10 cows and you have 5 I'm not twice and smart as you. I just have 10 cows.
Ron you steady stir up shyt but you've never posted a single thing I can use. Maybe you have posted something someone can use, I really hope you have.
Have I posted nothing but what helps someone? Shoot no, but I've posted several things people can use and I'm here to answer any questions I can. I've given my number to several and I'd give it to anyone if I can help them.
Ron it's really a shame you waste your writing ability on all this when you could put it to better use. I've told you this before and I still believe it, you're a highly intelligent person. Use it for good, not making this a springer show.

What do you want? What are your grievances?

You are not going to slip off the hook by simply "Let's throw Ron, CG8, etc off the forum".

What it sounds like to me is you want to control the content. If you are going to make an appearance and simply whine ( you don't like that but that is exactly what it is) without providing a plan to make this a better forum, then I truly do not know who or how your grievances can be addressed. So start by being specific about what you WANT!

M-5 and I DID NOT see eye-to-eye politically, but we could still find some common ground on other issues and converse here. Politics were the only thing he and I couldn't talk about, but momma's first rule is don't talk politics and religion. If only we'd have listened to momma..... I'm sorry he's leaving. He had good advice, and really wasn't a horrible guy. I'm hoping he'll come back on here soon.

Muddy":29twx7zp said:
Oh god, just shut up Ron.

Muddy, bear with it. I trust Jed. He is rational.

Let me ask Jed, would you like to see additional forum rules? More controls? Maybe more users should be banned for the political and religious content that seeps in.

Idk, but it needs to be equitable.

Bright Raven":5i6cbn1q said:
jedstivers":5i6cbn1q said:
Bright Raven":5i6cbn1q said:

What do you want? What are your grievances?

You are not going to slip off the hook by simply "Let's throw Ron, CG8, etc off the forum".

What it sounds like to me is you want to control the content. If you are going to make an appearance and simply whine ( you don't like that but that is exactly what it is) without providing a plan to make this a better forum, then I truly do not know who or how your grievances can be addressed. So start by being specific about what you WANT!
Ron i don't want to control anything. I'll call a spade a spade and I'll call out someone in the wrong.
I told and told you I can't stand a bully, I'll be the one to take up for the underdog getting picked on.
It's just the way I am. Not one time have I said throw anyone off.
I can even tolerate you until you go off on one of those rants then I just ignore you. They reason I can do that I'd you aren't putting someone down when you do it usually.
Cg8 constantly puts others down, runs over weaker ones and is in general a pain in the azz.
I won't ignore that.

Bright Raven":1s101lta said:
Muddy":1s101lta said:
Oh god, just shut up Ron.

Muddy, bear with it. I trust Jed. He is rational.

Let me ask Jed, would you like to see additional forum rules? More controls? Maybe more users should be banned for the political and religious content that seeps in.

Idk, but it needs to be equitable.
No Ron, I like less rules.

This along with some events around the home front, have got me to thinkin' bout some things. I joined this forum because of my love of cattle. Not everyone that I am around are closely involved with farming, and therefore I miss having folks that know how it is to talk too. I can get to this site and read what others post and see their pictures and feel like that there are others that share at least some of my interests and enthusiasm for cattle, and farming in general. I am just a small time farmer, some would say I'm a hobby farmer, but it's a full time job for me. I have had a few successes and a lot of failures and a lot of break evens, but I'm still pluggin' along. I don't know everything and never will, I have picked up some useful information and ideas from several folks here and I greatly appreciate it. There is a wide range of posters on here some seem to only post about cattle, some venture into more variety, some have very strong opinions, and some like to stir the pot.
In my mind this is a big table with room for everybody. I have always heard it takes all kinds to make the world go round.
I may very well be one that some consider a know nothing contributor, but I try to comment when I think I have something to add that can relate or hopefully be relevant to the conversation.
I really hate to see anyone leave the forum, or be banned unless they are just truly disrespectful or hateful on a regular basis.
I did not know M-5 other than reading his posts and comments, and reading what others had said about him helping them.
He is no doubt a wealth of knowledge, and will be missed, hopefully he will reconsider his decision.

Jed:

Your description of your character is fine. But that is not the issue. Unless you are wanting to define behavior beyond the rules that already exist, you cannot address the problems you have stated. Yet you say you don't want additional rules.

You clearly have a grievance which is causing your frustration. The question is whether your grievances are justifiable. That is very difficult to resolve.

Ky hills":3f5ecgbx said:
This along with some events around the home front, have got me to thinkin' bout some things. I joined this forum because of my love of cattle. Not everyone that I am around are closely involved with farming, and therefore I miss having folks that know how it is to talk too. I can get to this site and read what others post and see their pictures and feel like that there are others that share at least some of my interests and enthusiasm for cattle, and farming in general. I am just a small time farmer, some would say I'm a hobby farmer, but it's a full time job for me. I have had a few successes and a lot of failures and a lot of break evens, but I'm still pluggin' along. I don't know everything and never will, I have picked up some useful information and ideas from several folks here and I greatly appreciate it. There is a wide range of posters on here some seem to only post about cattle, some venture into more variety, some have very strong opinions, and some like to stir the pot.
In my mind this is a big table with room for everybody. I have always heard it takes all kinds to make the world go round.
I may very well be one that some consider a know nothing contributor, but I try to comment when I think I have something to add that can relate or hopefully be relevant to the conversation.
I really hate to see anyone leave the forum, or be banned unless they are just truly disrespectful or hateful on a regular basis.
I did not know M-5 other than reading his posts and comments, and reading what others had said about him helping them.
He is no doubt a wealth of knowledge, and will be missed, hopefully he will reconsider his decision.

Don't forget the neat people you've met and sold bulls to. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts