Good eitquette

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
When I eat at a steak restaurant, I always pull out my 6" pocket knife to cut my meat , tonite I am going with the. wife and some of her city kinfolks to a steak restaurant, she has warned me if I pull out that 6" knife theirs something else she's going to be cuttin on, don't know why she's all upset but I sure get the feeling I better keep that 6 incher in my britches. :hide: :cboy:

cowboy43 said:
When I eat at a steak restaurant, I always pull out my 6" pocket knife to cut my meat , tonite I am going with the. wife and some of her city kinfolks to a steak restaurant, she has warned me if I pull out that 6" knife theirs something else she's going to be cuttin on, don't know why she's all upset but I sure get the feeling I better keep that 6 incher in my britches. :hide: :cboy:

Why would you feel inclined to use your own knife in the first place?

TennesseeTuxedo said:
cowboy43 said:

You know what that knife has been used for.. bale twin, umbilical cords, stripping wire, etc, and you know it's clean since you wiped it on your pant leg before you put it back in the sheath

Lmao!
One of my granddads favorite things!
That's all he used to have at one time I imagine.
Hard to beat a good quality knife with a nice edge.
He grew up in the 20s n 30s and went thru a couple wars.
No one said a word about his knife!

MurraysMutts said:
Lmao!
One of my granddads favorite things!
That's all he used to have at one time I imagine.
Hard to beat a good quality knife with a nice edge.
He grew up in the 20s n 30s and went thru a couple wars.
No one said a word about his knife!
This is my favorite knife, pretty much always have it on me.. I like that it can clip to a pocket rather than just the belt, meaning I don't have to reach up under my warm layers as far to get it when I'm feeding... had it 3 years and haven't lost it yet (a record for me!).. not expensive either
https://morakniv.se/en/product/companion-heavy-duty-s/

Depended on what he was wearing.
Vest or jacket.
One was in each.
One of my fondest memories from childhood...
Grandma preparing dinner and me and grandpa walk in from outdoors doing something or another.
He proceeds to slice a piece off whatever that THICK steak (uncooked) on the counter was, dash it with salt and pepper, and down the hatch!
Me being a curious boy and all couldnt NOT partake.
So grandpa would slice the thinnest lil slice off said steak and do the same for me...

I can still hear grandma wailing.
"O George! Not the grandson!"

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

cowboy43 said:
I think you need to bring her into line.

Ken

TennesseeTuxedo said:
cowboy43 said:

When they put a knife on the table for him he takes a look, pauses, then says, 'that's not a knife....now this is a knife!'

cowboy43 said:

I think it is all good as long as you don't announce you have a six incher in ya britches you want to whip out, you'd make the waitress faint.

I think you must eat tough steak. Might try a different restaurant, or more tender cut.

My closest friend constantly pulls a box cutter out of her pocket to cut food and things haha. Like an extacto blade. Honestly...both are odd to me especially at a restaurant haha. I'd give a good chuckle if I saw you do it not gonna lie...

Nesikep said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
cowboy43 said:

You know what that knife has been used for.. bale twin, umbilical cords, stripping wire, etc, and you know it's clean since you wiped it on your pant leg before you put it back in the sheath

You forgot to add castrating calves......

sstterry said:
Nesikep said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

You forgot to add castrating calves......
haha, certainly.. but I couldn't list ALL the things a pocket knife can be used for!.. I covered the cow part with the umbilical cords

You should have had some of your buddies show up to the same restaurant same time whip out their knifes to eat. 😅🤣😂😉

Latest posts